PDA

View Full Version : Time traveler passes lie detector

troppo
26th Feb 2018, 06:23
Seems legit :}
Time traveller man: Noah from 2030 future predictions (http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/wtf/time-traveller-man-from-2028-makes-specific-predictions-for-the-future/news-story/c410773ecf14d3b34df9deeeb5153b7a)

I was actually going to post something about this fella but...:ugh:
Tattoo ?addict? covers entire body in ink...including eyeballs: Photos (http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/wtf/tattoo-addict-inks-entire-body-including-eyeballs-inside-mouth/news-story/73f7b81b1af960e835ab697f6b332824)

TWT
26th Feb 2018, 06:32
More clickbait from a Murdoch rag.

Careful, it'll rot your brain.

Krystal n chips
26th Feb 2018, 07:23
There appears to be no mention of England winning a Test series against Australia.....away.....or Arsene Wenger retiring.....or the Mail ceasing publication.

SpringHeeledJack
26th Feb 2018, 07:28
Time traveller ? Who knows, but that 'underwater' photo wouldn't pass the lie detector test!

....and then our body modification artist, only in his twenties, so sure about everything, perhaps he should hook up with the time traveller to see himself in 30 years hence. His parents must be disappointed in him. Where do you even start ?

TangoAlphad
26th Feb 2018, 07:34
If he believes his own delusions the poor man is obviously very ill but it will cause a lie detector to read true.

ORAC
26th Feb 2018, 07:50
I won’t believe it until he can repeat the test result last week.

fujii
26th Feb 2018, 07:55
Chemtrails do work!

troppo
26th Feb 2018, 07:55
I wonít believe it until he can repeat the test result last week.

Very good. :D

chuks
26th Feb 2018, 08:31
We are all time travelers. Only in one direction so far, but it's still time travel, innit? Anti-gravity we also have, such as this sofa upon which I am sat.

That "artist" with the tats ... his parents must be so proud.

NorthernChappie
26th Feb 2018, 08:43
Presumably he's a trillionaire given his advance knowledge of lottery results. (and betting on the footie).

TURIN
26th Feb 2018, 11:09
Time Travellers and Psychics don't win the lottery for the same reason Faith Healers don't work in hospitals.

cattletruck
26th Feb 2018, 11:29
Chemtrails do work!

What, on the intrepid time traveller or Murdock subscribers?

ShyTorque
26th Feb 2018, 12:21
Anti-gravity we also have, such as this sofa upon which I am sat.
I'm also spending a little time "blocking gravity"....

Arden4
26th Feb 2018, 12:31
Presumably he's a trillionaire given his advance knowledge of lottery results. (and betting on the footie).
Been done! See "The Flipside of Dominick Hide" TV drama from the 1980s.
Mind you he only brought back eight draws on the pools.

Checkboard
26th Feb 2018, 12:59
Lie detectors are no more accurate than flipping a coin. They are used as a psychological tool to elicit confessions from subjects who believe that they work.

Americans love them, however (not being a scientific people). The FBI, CIA and National Security agencies use them a lot - and typically ignore the number of people who have taken yearly polygraphs and yet still turned out to be spies. ;)

John Marsh
26th Feb 2018, 13:03
Time Travellers and Psychics don't win the lottery for the same reason Faith Healers don't work in hospitals.

Er...does this count?

Do you want to work as a healer in a hospital or hospice? (http://www.cancertherapies.org.uk/Healing-in-Hospitals-and-Hospices)

FWIW, faith is unnecessary. The desire for healing is sufficient.

under_exposed
26th Feb 2018, 19:20
If time travel was discovered it would be discovered in all points in time simultaneously. I think I heard that in The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy.

FakePilot
26th Feb 2018, 20:38
I think some historic events are staged to trap time travelers and steal the technology. Like the Titanic was rammed into the iceberg and agents were placed ready to identify and nab any time travelers.

troppo
26th Feb 2018, 22:21
Someone needs to let stephen hawking know a tourist from the future has arrived thus debunking his theory on time travel

TURIN
26th Feb 2018, 22:41
Er...does this count?

Do you want to work as a healer in a hospital or hospice?

FWIW, faith is unnecessary. The desire for healing is sufficient.

"But the BHA compared a reiki diploma qualifying you to treat patients to "the equivalent of a diploma in Klingon qualifying you to translate for the UN".

:D:D:D

IFMU
27th Feb 2018, 02:22
That time traveler story is fake. Americans don't have accents, everybody knows that!

John Marsh
27th Feb 2018, 16:08
"But the BHA compared a reiki diploma qualifying you to treat patients to "the equivalent of a diploma in Klingon qualifying you to translate for the UN".

:D:D:D

A reasonable comment from the BHA (British Humanist Association), given their perspective.

The NHS Trust concerned seems confident of the value of reiki:

However, Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust defended the ad and said that the position would not be funded by the NHS.

In a statement, the Trust said: "This post, which is for a year only, is funded charitably and not from NHS resources.

"The decision to advertise it was approved at a senior level after many of our breast cancer patients reported that they found Reiki sessions hugely comforting and relaxing.

"It is well-documented that a patientís psychological and mental well-being plays a significant role in how well they recover from serious illlness.

"However, whilst Reiki and other complementary therapies are widely used in the NHS alongside clinical treatment, it is important to stress that they are complementary therapies, not alternative ones to conventional medicine. This position will be reviewed both during and at the end of the 12-month period before any decision to renew it."From The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/nhs-advertises-for-reiki-or-spiritual-healer-for-essex-hospital-a6685866.html)

Planet Basher
27th Feb 2018, 21:02
Imprison the cheat, he knew the questions already.

TangoAlphad
27th Feb 2018, 22:20
If time travel was discovered it would be discovered in all points in time simultaneously. I think I heard that in The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy.

Well.. from everytime onwards that they came back to visit I'd imagine. They must be looking at the 21st Century and be giving that a miss..

I suppose they were here in the 60's and 70's as that would be worth a visit but no one was sober of mind to remember them..

RedhillPhil
27th Feb 2018, 23:35
Well, if you had a time machine at what point in time would you like to travel to? For the porpoises of this we'll assume that wherever you travelled to you'd be invisible to those around you.