PDA

View Full Version : MCC after interview invitation

Okavango
24th Feb 2018, 07:23
Excuse my ignorance, been out of the loop a while. It used to be the case that people would delay the MCC until they had a first interview lined up such that it would be most effective in prep for selection. Is this still the case or does the MCC have to be an absolute pre-requisite and complete prior to application? Just asking so I can plan out holidays from work to complete training.

flyfan
24th Feb 2018, 07:35
Afaik most airlines list the MCC under minimum requirements, so I'd do it before and then try to get on a sim shortly before the airlines' assessement to refresh things a bit.

appfo09
24th Feb 2018, 11:27
Hi Okavango!

You will not go wrong by this plan. I did exactly the same thing and i must say i feel more confident. MCC is also one of the most valuable training parts of the an airline pilot. During applicant selections and sim screenings recruiters are putting a lot of focus on those skills. So highly recommended you do the MCC before going to a pilot selection. If available do it either on a B737 or A320 simulator since most of the companies already started using these devices during sim screenings.

Hope this helps!

Banana Joe
24th Feb 2018, 15:31
It might have been the case 15-20 years ago, but nowadays you can't apply without an MCC certificate. Only instances I have come across so far have been the Ryanair APC program and ASL Airlines with a minimum 250 hours TT requirement and reduced to 180 hours TT if the holder of an MCC certificate.