PDA

View Full Version : THS Display of A320

Boyington
24th Feb 2018, 03:31
What is the purpose of the THS Display on the PERF Take Off page on the A320?

vilas
24th Feb 2018, 04:05
At least on A320. It is like a scratch pad entry. When you get the load sheet and final figures you cannot set the THS or configuration as there is no hydraulics. So you may have to write it on paper or memorize it. Instead you enter it on PERF page and after start set them accordingly. It doesn't go into the system and will create no warning or reminder unlike Flex which enters into the system. It is different on A330/340/350 models.

pineteam
24th Feb 2018, 04:50
Vilas, on our A 320 fleet, we do get an Ecam warning:" F/CTL PITCH TRIM/MCDU/CG DISAGREE" if the real pitch trim value and the pitch trim value entered in the MCDU are not the same.

I had once this warning after engine start as I inadvertently inserted 5UP instead of 0.5UP in the MCDU.

I guess this feature is optional as before we had this only on the brand new aircraft and now it's installed in the whole fleet.

Reference from the FCOM here--> https://ibb.co/dWMWNc

RUMBEAR
24th Feb 2018, 04:52
Recently our fleet have had a FWC upgrade and now we have an ECAM ( only available in phase 2 + 3) that is triggered by a disagree between real pitch trim value and that of the MCDU PERF TO page. The FLAP setting on the PERF TO page will also trigger a TO CONFIG caution if it disagrees from MCDU and SELECTOR.

Earlier models they are just reminders.

vilas
24th Feb 2018, 05:47
Yes! I forgot to mention on old aircrafts. The new upgraded once are different more like the wide bodies.

MD83FO
24th Feb 2018, 07:27
In qatar airways this value is disregarded, only CG is used. Fuel prediction page is used to call CG value on after start

joe falchetto 64
24th Feb 2018, 08:25
My old airline had this SOP, in the current one we use the units.

Boyington
24th Feb 2018, 09:55
I came across this in some CBT programme.

"The pitch setting is shown on the ECAM F/CTL Page.This can be checked during the Flight Control check when taxiing, if required.
Note: Never use this indication for the takeoff trim adjustment. Prefer the scales besides the trim wheels and on the QRH. Because they refer to the takeoff CG position"

What exactly is meant by this?

vilas
24th Feb 2018, 11:42
Boyington
The old procedure to set the TO stab was to set so many degrees nose up or down and that was done by checking that on Flt Ctl page. But pilots made mistakes of setting NU when it should have been ND. So this practice was stopped and trim was set by the percentage on trim wheel. Like 30% is 30% there is no up or down so no chance of a mistake.

Boyington
24th Feb 2018, 13:03
But this will now be sorted out by this: F/CTL PITCH TRIM/MCDU/CG DISAGREE

sierra_mike
3rd Mar 2018, 14:07
depends on your FMGC standard. F/CTL PITCH TRIM/MCDU/CG DISAGREE function came along with version S7(A) as did a few other improvements e.g. TO SPEED TOO LOW or F/CTL FLAPS/MCDU DISAGREE cautions