PDA

View Full Version : Private International Ops

Guptar
22nd Feb 2018, 23:15
I am in a syndicate that owns a turbocharged twin in Australia. Purely private ops, based in Australia. Stricly recreational flying, some people buy a yacht, we bought a plane. So far we have been to New Zealand and many of the small Pacific Island. Lots of fun and relatively hassle free customs wise.

Now we want to upgrade to something more capable to go further afield. The Cessna CJ's seem quite affordable. My question is, do private operators, as opposed to Charter/Corporate get a much harder time clearing customs/immigration. Places we want to go are to Europe and the US. Maybe some exotic destinations but not Russia & China.

Just curious if private international flying is more hassle than it's worth.

P.s. We have used Universl and found it quite easy, but our trips were quite simple so far.

dc9-32
23rd Feb 2018, 05:23
PM me for a connection on your P.S. comment.

Hangar_9
23rd Feb 2018, 18:56
Hi Guptar,

Drop me a PM. I (we've) got a strong presence on a truly global scale. More than happy to offer some guidance and assistance If you so require.

Regards,

H9

TheWrongTrousers
5th Mar 2018, 14:10
You need to speak to Phil Brockwell at Centreline in Bristol. He has a vast amount of experience with CJs and private/commercial Ops.

His planning source (Signum Aviation) is better too!

Global Aviator
6th Mar 2018, 08:17
Always a good idea even though private to have a uniform of some kind on the driver going through places like Indonesia (more important than a high vis vest ;) ).