PDA

View Full Version : Moderator BullS**T

Autorotate
21st Jul 2002, 21:58
"Could someone explain to me the following ..........
Looks like the Towers personal vendetta continues.
Outta here once and for all. "

Neville
These disputes are tedious. The sequence and format is now all too familiar:
Stage 1
~ You use the forum to promote one of your business ventures.
~ Your post is deleted - with a full explanation.
~ You never accept the ruling, express your outrage and claim to be the victim of some personal vendetta.
Stage 2
~ When that doesn't work, you say you're leaving and declare you'll never contribute to Rotorheads ever again.
Stage 3
~ After an interval, you start posting again - your posts are always very welcome.
~ After an interval, you start promoting your business ventures again
~ Go back to 'Stage 1'.

On the last occasion, you posted a blatant advertisement for your own website. It was a deliberate breach of the rule which I had explained to you in great detail only weeks before, and I closed the account you were then using. ie I banned you.

After a short interval, you re-registered under a new username.
I am not completely stupid, and knew it was you, but let you think your ploy had worked. I hoped your new username would mean a fresh start in every sense and, for a time, there was no problem. Unfortunately, that turned out to be a triumph of hope over experience ............... We seem to have reached 'Stage 2' yet again.

I am not prepared to waste time going over old ground yet again.
It's quite simple:
* No-one is allowed to promote/advertise business ventures in their posts on the forums.
* If you or anyone else fails to comply with these rules, the posts will be deleted.
* Repeated breaches will lead to banning.
* Comply with the rules like everyone else and there will be no problem.

I have not banned you and, provided you accept the ruling, I shall not do so. I am not prepared to waste time or bandwidth arguing with you about what does or doesn't constitute promotion or advertising. My decision about your most recent post is final. Whether you continue to post is up to you. I hope you do - but that's your decision.

Heliport
Rotorheads Moderator
Pprune Administrator

discobeast
21st Jul 2002, 22:32
if i post a thread asking people what good helo mags and what other good helo books are out there, i wonder what would happen? i mean i don't have any affiliations to any magazine company or anything like that. i am just a bona fide pilot wondering for my own interest. know what? i might just do it......;)

Autorotate
21st Jul 2002, 22:36
Discobeast, dont bother. A certain (lets not be rude) "person", Rob Lloyd in the Towers has a personal vendetta so it doesnt matter what threads I start he will come up with some reason to remove them.

Enough is enough. The elitist here can have the forum. This last post of mine had nothing to do with mentioning the magazine, and yet it still got removed. But as you said if you put the same question up it would no doubt stay there.

Autorotate.

Jetandicy
21st Jul 2002, 23:21
Autorotate,
Wow, such righteous indignation!
Why don't you cut out the pseodo naivete? You didn't just ask which magazine people read, you specifically mentioned 5 titles, including the one you publish. I can only assume you were trawling for favourable comments and therefore free advertising. I've seen you post the same question on Just Helicopters and Vertical Reference. At best you are using the forum to do your market research. If your intention was so innocent then please enlighten me. As usual you have achieved your aim, which is to advertise your product. No offense, but your style of posting is more suited to Just Helicopters, the Jerry Springer of helicopter sites.

Heliport
21st Jul 2002, 23:59
Jetandicy

I disagree with your final sentence.
Neville is a welcome contributor to the forum. Unfortunately, there is one problem which arises regularly.

I am closing this thread for reasons which are too obvious to need explaining.

Heliport