PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use KEWR instead of Teterboro?

averagebusdriver
21st Feb 2018, 06:13
Hello Community,

We operate a G-650 and are looking for airport options close to Manhattan, NY.

Having only operated from KTEB over the years, I’m curious if using KEWR instead might offer any noticeable benefit?

I’d appreciate any feedback, especially from those with operating experience out of KEWR.

Cheers!!!

:D ;)

Welle
21st Feb 2018, 06:51
Good Morning-

We have used Newark 3 times instead of KTEB.
Pro: customs!!! , 24hrs for international arrival, Signature FBO works very well
(no weight restriction for the 650ER)

Con: +1hr taxi out, as we departed in the evening rush hour.

greets
Welle

averagebusdriver
21st Feb 2018, 07:56
Thanks much!!

Globally Challenged
21st Feb 2018, 09:40
KHPN was also a favourite for us.

Propellerpilot
21st Feb 2018, 10:31
KEWR is great - just make sure customs is well informed about your arrival and you have approval (especially if your aircraft is visiting the first time otherwise you may be waiting 60min plus to disembark your pax and they will accuse you not being approved to land at KEWR, even though all arrival paperwork was in fact submitted on time... just saying because it happened to me once, when arriving with a Global that has never been there before... otherwise never any issues with my other planes that had previous visits).

Never experienced any delays on departure.

340drvr
21st Feb 2018, 12:18
Also KMMU, depending on where pax want to go on the ground. But, I haven't been there in years.

averagebusdriver
21st Feb 2018, 12:42
Thanks much for your feedback

specialbrew
22nd Feb 2018, 08:59
Use both on a semi-regular basis. KEWR more flexible with operating hours and Customs but expect some taxi delays when busy. Never had any issues with customs there...about the same level of service as TEB

noneya
22nd Feb 2018, 13:10
If cost is a factor use KTEB. We use both in our G650ER as well, only because of customs from time to time due to time of arrival. Otherwise we would only use KTEB