PDA

View Full Version : HV6902 emergency landing Vienna due to fight because of a farting passenger

st7860
20th Feb 2018, 00:22
Basically a passenger had too much flatulence and some people around him started fighting since allegedly he wouldnt stop and the flight diverted to Vienna....

Fight over man's flatulence forces flight to make emergency landing | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/02/18/fight-over-mans-flatulence-forces-flight-to-make-emergency-landing.html)
"A pilot made an emergency landing after a fight broke out over a passenger who allegedly refused to stop passing gas.

Two Dutchmen sitting next to the flatulent passenger reportedly asked the man to stop, but he refused and continued to break wind aboard the Transavia Airlines flight from Dubai to Amsterdam Schiphol."

Jet Jockey A4
20th Feb 2018, 00:35
I just cannot resist... You've got to be sh!tting me!

Sqwak7700
20th Feb 2018, 02:53
Sounds like a lot of hot air to me.

First plane to divert for having too much gas onboard?

Pearly White
20th Feb 2018, 03:30
How does one comply with a request not to pass flatulence. I mean, one can only hold so much pressure before she blows...

Sorry Dog
20th Feb 2018, 03:40
Maybe this topic should be moved to the toxic cabin air post?

WingNut60
20th Feb 2018, 03:59
How does one comply with a request not to pass flatulence. I mean, one can only hold so much pressure before she blows...

A quick trip to the head might have alleviated matters.

st7860
20th Feb 2018, 04:30
Maybe this topic should be moved to the toxic cabin air post?

You deserve a cookie !

B Fraser
20th Feb 2018, 07:44
News sources have named the Dutch passenger as Mustafa Boti-Trumpet, an air biscuit manufacturer from Assen.

Tom Cundall
20th Feb 2018, 07:54
Arrived late, despite strong tail winds???

TWT
20th Feb 2018, 08:01
Squawk : Code Brown

treadigraph
20th Feb 2018, 08:14
It's an ill-wind...

jack11111
20th Feb 2018, 08:21
Leave it to Fox News to sniff out important stories.

ozslf
20th Feb 2018, 10:38
Report says two Dutch passengers. Transavia is a lot cost carrier, so presumably no blankets distributed. And is a Dutch airline. Could it have been a game of Dutch ovens gone wrong???

blakmax
20th Feb 2018, 12:08
Had a laugh about this diversion to offload passengers after a fight about a flatulent passenger but when I looked again it has been removed. I looked at the emergency evac at Lagos, thinking that may have been the issue??

Is PPRuNe being a bit precious about being totally PC these days? or maybe the offending passenger was one of the Mods? :sad: (Just kidding)

G-CPTN
20th Feb 2018, 12:12
Gone with the wind . . .

to JB (https://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/605639-hv6902-emergency-landing-vienna-due-fight-because-farting-passenger.html).

jolihokistix
20th Feb 2018, 13:18
A one-man hovercraft?

DirtyProp
20th Feb 2018, 18:03
Gives a new meaning to "toxic cabin air"!
All of a sudden I am less worried about that bleed air from the engines...

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/17/passenger-drops-farts-so-putrid-pilot-is-forced-to-make-emergency-landing-7320242/ (https://nypost.com/2018/02/18/farty-passenger-forces-flight-to-make-emergency-landing/)

olympus
20th Feb 2018, 20:15
Already on Jet Blast -

HERE (https://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/605639-hv6902-emergency-landing-vienna-due-fight-because-farting-passenger.html)

ORAC
20th Feb 2018, 20:26
And I posted it here 2 days ago - with the thread immediately being deleted without even being sent to Jetblast. Go figure....

DirtyProp
20th Feb 2018, 20:58
Apologies, didn't see the previous one. Mods, please delete it. Thanks.

flight sim boy
20th Feb 2018, 21:32
Somebody needs to sort that ar$e hole out ;)

vapilot2004
20th Feb 2018, 21:44
In the states, we've got 'Air' Marshals for such things.

G-CPTN
20th Feb 2018, 22:14
Mods, please delete it. Thanks.

You can delete the thread by deleting your first post.

jimric
20th Feb 2018, 22:31
A simple case of 'Air' rage perhaps

FullOppositeRudder
20th Feb 2018, 22:42
Just imagine what John Cleese could do with this scenario, or (if they were still here) the Two Ronnies ....

jolihokistix
21st Feb 2018, 00:26
Well, if they take him off the plane then how will he get there? Er fährt mit dem Auto?

ORAC
21st Feb 2018, 08:08
Can somebody give us a blow by blow account?

meadowrun
21st Feb 2018, 08:22
What's the back story here?
Did he actually refuse to stop? (I guess, if they diverted)
Did he think it was his inalienable right to pass wind when and wherever he felt like he needed to?
Did he not have any parents or school teachers or employers?

jolihokistix
21st Feb 2018, 08:31
Oh what a sleekit, horrible beastie
Lurks in yer stomach efter a feastie
As ye sit doon amang yer kin,
There starts to stir a michty wind.

The neeps and tatties and mushie peas,
Stert workin like a gentle breeze
But soon the puddin' wi' the sonsie face
Will hiv ye blawin' a' ower the place.

Nae matter whit the hell ye dae
A?'body's gonnae huv tae pay
Even if ye try tae stifle,
It's like a bullet oot a rifle.

Haud yer bum tight tae the chair
Tae try tae stop the leakin' air.
Shift yersel' fae cheek tae cheek
An' pray to God it disnae reek.

But a' yer efforts go assunder,
Oot it comes like a clap o' thunder.
It ricochets aroon' the room,
Michty me! A sonic boom!

God almighty, It fairly reeks
(I hope a hivnae' shit ma breeks)
Straight tae the bog ah better scurry
Aw whit the hell, It's no ma worry.

A'body roon'aboot me's chokin'
Wan or twa are nearly bokin'.
Ah'll feel much better fur a while,
Ah cannae help but raise a smile.

'Twis him!! Ah shout, wi' accusin' glower.
Alas, tae late. He's jist keeled ower.
'Ye mingin' clert!' They shout and stare.
Ah amnae welcome ony mair.

Where e'er ye be, Let yer wind gang free
(Sounds jist the job fir thee an me)
Whit a fuss at Rabbies pairty
Ower the sake o' wan wee ferty.

Anonymous

funfly
21st Feb 2018, 16:14
A problem that I understand, due, I think, to reducing the cabin pressure.
Which make me go on to think that the pilot could have put the pressure up and pushed it all back in again.
Went to the doctors once with my farting problem and told him that I was lucky that they were silent and did not smell. He have me drops to clear my nose and arranged an appointment for a hearing aid.

gruntie
22nd Feb 2018, 11:45
I once had an excruciating and voluminous attack of wind while I was in my local pub. Luckily they had a sound system, playing loud music: I started squeezing them out in time to the music, which fortunately was the 1812 overture. With cannons. At which point I really let rip.
I then noticed 2 things: everyone was looking at me strangely, and the pub did not after all have a sound system. The overture was on my iPod. So could the aforementioned passenger have been similarly deluded by the in-flight entertainment system?

Jet Jockey A4
22nd Feb 2018, 11:49
I once had an excruciating and voluminous attack of wind while I was in my local pub. Luckily they had a sound system, playing loud music: I started squeezing them out in time to the music, which fortunately was the 1812 overture. With cannons. At which point I really let rip.
I then noticed 2 things: everyone was looking at me strangely, and the pub did not after all have a sound system. The overture was on my iPod. So could the aforementioned passenger been similarly deluded by the in-flight entertainment system?

I am pissing my pants. :ok:

N707ZS
22nd Feb 2018, 15:48
If he had a lighter could he of been accused of plotting terrorism!

Krystal n chips
22nd Feb 2018, 17:48
This is not the first time violence has ensued as I was the victim of a gratuitous assault for similar reasons in the air.

"Some time ago " happily attempting to fly a Ka7 over Germany, I discovered a combination of Dortmunder Union, currywurst, frites and mayo, adversely affected my digestive system the next day.

Thus after demonstrating my superb handling skills ...cough ! we entered the downwind leg and I felt an urgent need to equalise the pressure. Ever helpful, I opened the DV widow at the same time.....with hindsight, this may have contributed to the distribution thereafter.

It's a " bit disconcerting " when your instructor violently slaps the back of your head, several times, and said some very rude words, when you are trying to concentrate on speed / altitude circuit planning etc.

Thus I changed to Carlsberg which was far more conducive to my digestive system.

@longeron "Porky " W. was the gentleman in question....one of life's true diplomats

RAT 5
23rd Feb 2018, 09:42
This topic has 3 separate threads running. All not even close to the true facts. It is going to be a lawyers' picnic. Some off-loaded pax insist in their innocence and are engaging lawyers. There is a question about captain acting beyond authority, and must have been based only on information from the purser. I do not know if HV has comms to ops, or if this decision was made on the spot.
A friend, on a full flight, was seated between 2 gentlemen of darker colour whose BO created nausea. That can not be turned off. Is that a flight safety issue? If the pax becomes ill, that is a get out for a landing, but landing for an objectionable atmosphere is hardly flight safety. The fight is something else, but who started it? The irony is the gentleman in question was not off-loaded.
The lawyers are licking their lips.

vapilot2004
23rd Feb 2018, 10:07
I am pissing my pants. :ok:

Yes Gruntie gave us a good one. :D

mickjoebill
23rd Feb 2018, 22:39
Should be charged with ass-ault?