PDA

View Full Version : Britannia conference at Oxford

OBK!
21st Jul 2002, 20:57
Everyone,

Oxford have released the summary of the conference that Mike Underdown, Cheif Pilot with Britannia, gave. It concerns such things as recruitment, salary (which looks very nice!) and status etc.

Also, anyone think Britannia are biased to Oxford? I sent them an email regarding second officer requiment, and I got there standard auto=response type email, which at the end says "If you would like anymore information with regards to becoming a commercial pilot, please contact .....Oxford (Oxfords adress and telephone number)".

Also, why did they go to Oxford for the talk? Just thinkin'

Bluebaron
22nd Jul 2002, 10:04
Strange since they have signed a contract for a sponsered course for February in Jerez?

Bluebaron ;)

one 2 go
22nd Jul 2002, 10:50
Hello all,

just a quick note to point out that Mike Underdown is not the chief pilot of Britannia (would hate anyony to get the easy stuff wrong in an interview). Good luck

OBK!
22nd Jul 2002, 11:34
Sorry, I meant so say he is a Captain, Pilot Manager. Came out wrong.

bluebaron, where did you find the sponsorship information!? This is great news!

Bluebaron
22nd Jul 2002, 11:55
Thought it was common knowledge, whoops ;)

BB

Suggest you give them a call, or BAE for the details as i donīt think itīs been offically released yet.

JT8
22nd Jul 2002, 14:45
Well, I emailed Jerez a few days ago regarding the Britannia sponsorship. They replied saying there was a possibility but nothing is confirmed as of yet.

Speaking to other FTO's however, its looking very likely. :)

tigershark1
22nd Jul 2002, 16:51
Had a look at their website and so far there is no news! When do you think they will start advertising for this? Also will they be part-sponsored or full sponsored? I think in the 'good old days' they were part sponsoring students.
If anyone could do some digging that would be great!

TS1

monkeyboy
23rd Jul 2002, 08:08
A little dicky bird told me adverts and recruitment for the sponsorship would start in September. :)

LJ.543
23rd Jul 2002, 14:44
I know just how keen you are - been there myself.

However.........

Brits is about to contract with CTC for 6 co-pilots on a six month contract. Any adverts that appear shortly will probably want 757/767 qualified pilots.

There is also a list of pilots from Brits German subsidiary who are waiting to join.

But keep your fingers crossed.