PDA

View Full Version : Freightworks/Allied-Pickfords/Crown

The Outlaw
19th Feb 2018, 01:17
This seems like a reasonable forum to ask considering the outbound traffic.

Can anyone offer any experiences or opinions on any of the moving companies above?

FuelFlow
19th Feb 2018, 04:06
I used Allied at the end of 2015. No complaints.

G SXTY
19th Feb 2018, 13:13
I used Allied Pickford a couple of years ago. Highly professional, excellent service (I know, a rare thing for this place) and everything arrived on time and in one piece.

JNPS
19th Feb 2018, 19:18
We used Freightworks in 2017. Cheapest quote, very efficient from the admin side. We had a 40’ container for contents and car. All went exactly to plan. Minor shipping damage to car, was reimbursed for repair by the insurance we took out. No complaints whatsoever!

keep_her_lit
20th Feb 2018, 05:10
Can anyone post a rough ballpark £££ figure & time taken for a container UAE-UK? & Who with?

:ok:

SOPS
20th Feb 2018, 07:56
We used Conway (I think thats what they were called). Excellent service from door to door.

Dubaian
20th Feb 2018, 11:17
Can't help with a rating for your 3 but suggest you give eMovers a chance to quote also.

CAT3A
20th Feb 2018, 13:35
I used Pickfords. A little disorganised Dubai side plus few damages but covered under insurance with no hassle

Cantbebothered
21st Feb 2018, 04:40
Used Crown Relocations in November 2017. They were good (although the Dubai move manager they first assigned me to was rubbish (filipina named Cleo), so they reassigned me to another south african lady that was brilliant.Their packers are great. No damages and no losses and everything arrived when they said it would arrive. They also give you a tracking link so you can literally track your cargo container.
They were expensive though compared to a few other quotes I got but I took them as their reputation is so good.

A lot of people are also very happy with Santa Fe Relocations and their quotes are reasonable and they are international as well.

The Outlaw
1st Sep 2018, 10:55
Update:

Stay away from Crown.

1. They under quoted the volume required which lead to additional charges and some goods being left behind.
2. The entire container was stolen from the Crown facility the day before it was due for delivery at destination.

Remember, its all your personal items, keepsakes, kids movies and sentimental items they lose while its in their care and they don't have any more or less interest in your goods over any others. Even with insurance, you never re-gain what you lose and the items above can never be replaced at any cost.

We will seek legal advice as we believe that there is negligence at play, there where a host of measures that could have been taken to protect the shipment that were not in place. Crown does not use fenced or secured storage areas, do not have GPS tracking on their trucks and trailers and did not have security cameras at their facilities under their control. So far almost everone one I have spoken to insist it was an "inside job" although I cant see what a thief would want with household items. There will be an investigation.

When you move make sure you get the above points confirmed in writing.

gtaflyer
1st Sep 2018, 11:36
Guys be aware of scam artist see my sticky post above

Trader
1st Sep 2018, 17:09
FreightWorks was great - used them just last year. They know the EK allowance and will quote to stay within it. Great service - the Irish lady who organizes is fantastic.