PDA

View Full Version : "Trail of chaos cause by earthquake"

Sallyann1234
17th Feb 2018, 16:27
Things were really serious in Plymouth this morning, but residents displayed typical British stiff upper lip in the face of disaster. :ok:

"I was genuinely scared and thought there was something under the bed."

"toothpaste fell into the sink"

"TV remotes fell on to the floor"

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/pictures-trail-chaos-caused-earthquake-1228547 (https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/pictures-trail-chaos-caused-earthquake-1228547?utm_source=google_news&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=google_news&utm_content=sitemap)

barry lloyd
17th Feb 2018, 18:03
Let's hope we never get a real earthquake in the UK.

Perhaps now a few people will begin to realise what it's like to live in Greece, Mexico or Chile - just a few of the countries where they have proper earthquakes!

WilliumMate
17th Feb 2018, 18:15
Epicentre some 20km NNE of Swansea. Note to God. Must try harder.

:E

charliegolf
17th Feb 2018, 18:22
Epicentre some 20km NNE of Swansea. Note to God. Must try harder.

:E

Cheeky git! Some other cheeky bugger reported 150 houses demolished at a cost of about 50! Also a git!

I'm about 15 miles from the centre- it was a good old bang! On the plus side, the earth shook for my wife. It was a big enough bang to have me go and check that the roof or some solar panels hadn't gone south though.

CG

WilliumMate
17th Feb 2018, 18:47
Sister-in-Law living on The Mumbles was on the dog to the Missus saying it was a bit scary. Also reported that Shaylene Phillips, a 19 yr old single mother of five from Sketty, was so traumatised she found it impossible to roll her breakfast spliff.

;)

Windy Militant
17th Feb 2018, 19:16
Hmm 20 miles North North East of Swansea that's not far from Sennybridge.
Looks like area 25 has gone for a burton.👽 :suspect:

Tom Cundall
17th Feb 2018, 19:36
Aftershocks in Bridgend have caused an estimate 1M in improvements.

racedo
17th Feb 2018, 19:48
On the plus side, the earth shook for my wife.

Surprised she remembered what it was like :p

mikemmb
17th Feb 2018, 19:52
Brexiteers misslead the country again, no mention of earthquakes in the Vote Leave campaign literature!

TWT
17th Feb 2018, 20:14
https://vashonlandtrust.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/B6skusgCYAA2hN8.jpg

Grayfly
17th Feb 2018, 20:37
Just hope that Oxfam doesn't turn up.:}

sitigeltfel
17th Feb 2018, 22:16
Just hope that Oxfam doesn't turn up.:}

They did, took one look at the women and skeddadled!

Windy Militant
17th Feb 2018, 22:44
Just been looking at Wales online, according to them the Epicentre was directly below Cwmllynfell which is 13 miles or 20 kilometres from Swansea so nearer to Dan yr Ogof showcaves than Sennybridge so our little grey buddies are safe after all. ;)

Hydromet
17th Feb 2018, 23:01
Meanwhile, a severe earthquake in (insert town here) caused hundreds of thousands of dollars of improvements.

charliegolf
17th Feb 2018, 23:04
Ouch ouch, feeling like that painting of St Sebastian here Boyos!:(

CG

Standard Noise
18th Feb 2018, 00:09
Wish I could remember how to post a picture here, the devastation in Shepton Mallet this afternoon was just unprecedented...................then a lovely earthquake came along and tidied it all up.

neila83
19th Feb 2018, 17:42
Let's hope we never get a real earthquake in the UK.

Perhaps now a few people will begin to realise what it's like to live in Greece, Mexico or Chile - just a few of the countries where they have proper earthquakes!

Indeed, I live in Mexico City and we've had 14 above 4.5 since Friday, including one at 7.2. The alarms went off at 1am last night which was nice, actually maybe I should change my regular alarm ton that one - I sure as hell won't be hitting the snooze button!

Luckily nothing major, just the shame of being out in the street in my kecks - You don't stop to get dressed here when the alarm goes. I might have to start wearing a bit more to bed...

Yeh, the UK really has no idea, which is good. I'm from there and rather liked having no idea until last September.

vapilot2004
19th Feb 2018, 22:13
Cwmllynfell

The quake was so bad, vowels were seen tumbling out of municipal signs. :cool:

llondel
20th Feb 2018, 04:45
We had a 3.4 a couple of miles away last year. It was a bit of an eye-opener compared to the usual 2.5 Bang! Rattle-rattle we get from that bit of fault line. No doubt we'll have a really big one around here before long.

Tankertrashnav
21st Feb 2018, 00:15
I should imagine that the anti-fracking brigade are furious that there is no activity of this kind anywhere near the seat of this earthquake which they can blame!

charliegolf
21st Feb 2018, 09:39
The quake was so bad, vowels were seen tumbling out of municipal signs. :cool:

As a Welshman, I found that one really funny VAP:ok:

CG