PDA

View Full Version : Drunken behaviour on Canadian VIP trip

rotornut
17th Feb 2018, 07:29
Sorry... maybe this should be in Jet Blast but it happened on an aircraft:
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2018/02/16/peeing-in-the-seats-military-eyes-air-force-alcohol-ban-after-troubled-vip-trip.html

JV
15th Mar 2018, 02:20
Just goes to show you what our public servants are really all about. Integrity in those ranks have departed the building a long long time ago.

Helena Handbasket
15th Mar 2018, 05:50
Tiger Williams is a public servant? I thought that he was a geriatric hockey enforcer. It seems that the Canadian military acted appropriately.

JV
28th Mar 2018, 01:08
My apologies, got the article mixed up with a recent national post article that really did have top public servants totally wasted and painting the town red.

AngrywithTC
25th Apr 2018, 03:11
It has become bizarre, now because of actions like this and of course the sunwing pilot has drawn attention on pilots as well.
So after finishing a 42 day period in an undesirable location, I of course had some liberation’s and as is comomon they as for a bribe or would not let me board a KLM flight as a passenger stating I was unfit.
This got back to Transport Canada from the employer and medical has been revoked. So as a pilot one must now practice abstinence.
Did all as required but found a RAMO who has an obstructionist agenda, abuse of Authority? Three separate assessments sating that it is not problematic.
What can a person do, it is unconstitutional at the least.

JV
27th Apr 2018, 00:38
I am really sorry to hear that, and for my part, since you were not flying an airplane or even driving a car, I see no call for it. You can be as jolly as you want when you are off duty.

I guess that Transport generally does their job in a reasonable fashion, however they have indeed abused their authority every once in a while. Somehow, if something is aviation related, ''the minister'', as they refer to TC, has sweeping powers that transcend the law as we know it, written in policy, and even reasonable judgements that reasonable people would normally make simply do not apply.

I guess you can take the decision to the federal court for appeal. No guarantees of course, since the federal court also seems to be reluctant at times to interfere with ''the minister's'' decision. Read some cases where the judge actually said that it is not the decision he would make, but hey, since procedure was followed, too bad....Makes your head shake. The constitution really does not seem to mean much in Canada.

A Squared
27th Apr 2018, 03:27
So after finishing a 42 day period in an undesirable location, I of course had some liberation’s and as is comomon they as for a bribe or would not let me board a KLM flight as a passenger stating I was unfit.

Well, solution is pretty simple; Don't pitch up for an airline flight so drunk that they won't let you on. Problem solved.

Bend alot
27th Apr 2018, 07:44
Well, solution is pretty simple; Don't pitch up for an airline flight so drunk that they won't let you on. Problem solved.

In some places 2 beers at the airport bar - can call for a bribe to be asked.

The poster said he had some liberations, did not say he was drunk.

Some times it is best to pay the bribe even if it was ginger beer.

J.O.
27th Apr 2018, 18:12
I think he meant "libations".

There are always two sides to a story and right now we have only one (very biased) side. Excuse me if I choose to take it with a big grain of salt.

JV
28th Apr 2018, 01:11
Not so fast to judgement. Been an expat and while mostly OK, have encountered unsavoury types who will attempt to blackmail just for a few bucks to pay for food. When you are poor, you will do anything for a few bucks.