PDA

View Full Version : Online evermore?

Tashengurt
16th Feb 2018, 19:59
Today my sons managed to upload a video of themselves to YoofToob.
This got me wondering, given that their images are now out there pretty much for ever, is there software or is it fanciful that such may be invented, that can take an image of an adult and search backwards for younger images of that person?
In short, is 'sharenting' going to limit our kids chances of being 007?

MG23
16th Feb 2018, 22:04
If there isn't now, there soon will be. AI is getting pretty good at matching faces.

Linedog
17th Feb 2018, 12:11
If you have it enabled, Google reverse search is pretty good at finding similar images and video's. Right click on an image and reverse search should be one of your options.

racedo
17th Feb 2018, 12:57
Its why I stay off facebrook and refuse to post images / videoa online.

funfly
17th Feb 2018, 22:16
We had a Christmas party a few years ago with my son (who doesn't get on with my daughter) and pictures were posted on a webpage (not facebook) without my knowledge, daughter saw them and this created (yet another) family rift.
I subsequently sent a picture of myself privately to my daughter by email which she put on facebook.I took this to be an invasion of my privacy and was very annoyed (although I never told her) I wonder if she realised how stupid it is to do this after the previous event - I doubt it.
Facebook is public domain.

G-CPTN
17th Feb 2018, 22:35
Is there software (or is it fanciful that such may be invented), that can take an image of an adult and search backwards for younger images of that person?

Claims that AI is getting very 'intelligent'.
I have sported a beard since I was aged 30 (and, obviously, not whilst I was a schoolboy), yet I have met people with whom I was at school (and have not seen in the intervening years) who, nevertheless, recognise me and identify me correctly.
Can Googoo do that I wonder?

Gertrude the Wombat
18th Feb 2018, 08:54
yet I have met people with whom I was at school (and have not seen in the intervening years) who, nevertheless, recognise me and identify me correctly.
I can't do that, I've no idea how other people can! But what I can do is recognise the voice after not meeting someone for decades.

Denti
18th Feb 2018, 11:33
Claims that AI is getting very 'intelligent'.
I have sported a beard since I was aged 30 (and, obviously, not whilst I was a schoolboy), yet I have met people with whom I was at school (and have not seen in the intervening years) who, nevertheless, recognise me and identify me correctly.
Can Googoo do that I wonder?

I would be surprised if google couldn’t do it, my iphone already can do it without using external computing power.

Bull at a Gate
19th Feb 2018, 10:23
Google photos has a feature which allows you to search your photos for those which show a particular person. It knows that my wife aged 6 months is the same person as my wife aged 62. Be very afraid.

broadreach
19th Feb 2018, 22:05
Rather not, thanks!

G-CPTN
19th Feb 2018, 22:36
Google photos has a feature which allows you to search your photos for those which show a particular person. It knows that my wife aged 6 months is the same person as my wife aged 62. Be very afraid.

Did Google assume this information by monitoring a discussion?

Bull at a Gate
20th Feb 2018, 00:27
There was no discussion for Google to monitor. Nor are the photos saved as "Mrs Bull at 6 months" for example. The only way Google can work out that the photos are of the same person is through facial recognition. As I said before - be very afraid.