PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Executive

trancada
15th Feb 2018, 22:06
Any information about Qatar Executive.
I am considering to change my career to fly Business Jets, to make something different .

Can you give me a feed-back?

Klimax
16th Feb 2018, 10:37
Details on current up to date; salary, bonuses, pensions, tax, days off (consecutively) etc., would be awesome, thank you.

dan1165
16th Feb 2018, 11:10
If u want no life try them :E ...

Klimax
16th Feb 2018, 12:41

That doesn't sound very appealing. Would you mind to share a bit, thanks mate?

dan1165
16th Feb 2018, 14:19
PM Klimax ...

PPRuNe Towers
17th Feb 2018, 14:06
Too few postings for Klimax to send or receive PM's

Rob

Globally Challenged
17th Feb 2018, 17:03
How about sharing the knowledge publicly?

GLF74
18th Feb 2018, 21:19
Am too interested to see what info may be shared please?

Downwind_Left
20th Feb 2018, 17:03
Can anyone give any current (or recent) experiences of lifestyle? What's the current roster pattern on offer?

Specifically the G650 fleet. Already involved with a similar job in corporate so interested how Qatar Exec compare to other operators in this sector.

Thanks in advance.

alkor
20th Feb 2018, 18:07
The last time i heard; 24/7 stby and 57 days of yearly leave.

Not sure if still the same though.

Rgds

dan1165
21st Feb 2018, 07:33
Yes no change ... Enjoy :E

GLF74
21st Feb 2018, 13:30
any advice on the recruitment process? Thanks

Global_Global
26th Feb 2018, 09:20
The last time i heard; 24/7 stby and 57 days of yearly leave.

Not sure if still the same though.

Rgds

When talking to a crew member the other week he mentioned that they have a new FTL? Is that correct? I thought they were EASA?

McMax
26th Feb 2018, 09:41
I heard a rumour about a new rostering practice... something along the lines of 22on/8off, 22/8, 22/21 and then all over again. Any truth in that?

trancada
26th Feb 2018, 16:39
It would be interesting to know the kind of roster that can be expected

CaptainProp
26th Feb 2018, 22:03
McMax I’ve heard same thing but only second hand info.

CP

A-V-8
27th Feb 2018, 01:54
What does it take to get an interview? I am typed in the 7X and G280.

LimaVictor
17th Feb 2019, 13:20
Hello,
I would very much like to start flying exec.jets and the fact Qatar operates G650s makes it very tempting.
I have no experience in the Buss.Jets world, only airline time. Does anybody know if it is even possible to land a job without the experience on it?

cheja
18th Feb 2019, 09:29
Hello Lima Victor..PM sent. Cheers (Saludos)

Aso
18th Feb 2019, 09:49
It would be interesting to know the kind of roster that can be expected

As this is business aviation the word roster is ehh flexible. You end up in a hotel in Moscow most of the time and will find out last minute when to deice the aircraft :)

RedBelt
10th Mar 2019, 04:11

do you mind PM me? Thanks

SoFarFromHome
11th Mar 2019, 13:11
I heard recently that guys spend very little time in Doha itself and tend to commute home using the mainline staff travel to their home bases ( where ever that may be )

If that is the case it makes the job a lot more attractive.

Can any one confirm that crew can position to the aircraft assigned for that week, where ever it may be rather than flying to Doha to be repositioned?

Klimax
11th Mar 2019, 19:32
I heard recently that guys spend very little time in Doha itself and tend to commute home using the mainline staff travel to their home bases ( where ever that may be )

Can any one confirm that crew can position to the aircraft assigned for that week, where ever it may be rather than flying to Doha to be repositioned?

Can´t wait to see the insiders reply to that! What is actually the roster patters for this sandy outfit with the funny nosed CEO.

Aso
12th Mar 2019, 08:41

You end up in a hotel in Moscow most of the time

mmm maybe the answer was there already :}

FlyingBE
21st Mar 2019, 20:02
Hi guys,

I can't find any infos about Qrex, and i would like to know a bite more. I'm a 320 FO in Europe in a orange low-cost , quite interested by the NON TYPE RATED FO G650 that Qatar executive advertise at the moment. But to be honest is very hard to find any informations about Rotser Patern, Salaries, ... I don't mind to be on 20/10, if at the other side i've "Staff ticket", Accomodations and a decent salary ... Just i would like to find a correct informations. Maybe someone of you know a bite more about the life as a Qrex pilot, and would be happy to send me a private message.

HappyLandings

Brian304
21st Mar 2019, 23:48
hey guys

i’m Currently also flying the G280/G450/G550 in Asia and am considering a move to QR exec. Any information on recruitment, rosters, benifits e.t.c would be gratefully welcome.

happy landings...

Slippery Moth
22nd Mar 2019, 01:23
Hi All,

I have a buddy working there, let me drop him a note and see what information I can get out of him.

Cheers
Mothy

C212-100
22nd Mar 2019, 11:27
Hi guys,

I can't find any infos about Qrex, and i would like to know a bite more. I'm a 320 FO in Europe in a orange low-cost , quite interested by the NON TYPE RATED FO G650 that Qatar executive advertise at the moment. But to be honest is very hard to find any informations about Rotser Patern, Salaries, ... I don't mind to be on 20/10, if at the other side i've "Staff ticket", Accomodations and a decent salary ... Just i would like to find a correct informations. Maybe someone of you know a bite more about the life as a Qrex pilot, and would be happy to send me a private message.

HappyLandings

Hi,

The roster type in QE is 22 ON /8 OFF, 22 ON /8 OFF, 22 ON /16 OFF. On you ON days you are on 24/7 full SBY and on your OFF days (8 or 16) you can travel wherever you want using ID tickets on QR mainline and some partner companies. Your are entitled to a company accomodation or an accomodation allowance. I believe you also get a (small) compensation allowance to cover for the 24H SBY you are supposed to be during your ON days.

I love business aviation and if you manage to get into one of the good type - like Gulfstream large cabins are - it is as good as it gets. Nevertheless, to jump ships from the Orange LoCo as an FO and not waiting for your command is a bit of a nonsense. Wait for your command, grab some experience on the LHS and only then think about trying Business Aviation. Aviation is all about command experience on a proper aircraft, even more when we are talking about the large cabins business aviation.

To move to QE as a non-rated FO is not a very smart move, in my humble opinion.

Regards,
C

FlyingBE
23rd Mar 2019, 09:01
Hi,

The roster type in QE is 22 ON /8 OFF, 22 ON /8 OFF, 22 ON /16 OFF. On you ON days you are on 24/7 full SBY and on your OFF days (8 or 16) you can travel wherever you want using ID tickets on QR mainline and some partner companies. Your are entitled to a company accomodation or an accomodation allowance. I believe you also get a (small) compensation allowance to cover for the 24H SBY you are supposed to be during your ON days.

I love business aviation and if you manage to get into one of the good type - like Gulfstream large cabins are - it is as good as it gets. Nevertheless, to jump ships from the Orange LoCo as an FO and not waiting for your command is a bit of a nonsense. Wait for your command, grab some experience on the LHS and only then think about trying Business Aviation. Aviation is all about command experience on a proper aircraft, even more when we are talking about the large cabins business aviation.

To move to QE as a non-rated FO is not a very smart move, in my humble opinion.

Regards,
C

Super Thank you very much for your time and clear informations. I think you are right about command process, just sometimes I think that when you have your command in a good company on the 320 are you really willing to move somewhere else, to try a new adventure.
Thank you very much for your time :)

C212-100
23rd Mar 2019, 10:45
No experience in both business aviation and G4/5.
NO chance they call you.
Sorry

I’m afraid johndifool is correct. Without experience on the Gulfstream large cabin the chances are slim, if you add absolutely no experience in flying HNWI, then the chances are close to zero.

FlyingBE
23rd Mar 2019, 12:54
I’m afraid johndifool is correct. Without experience on the Gulfstream large cabin the chances are slim, if you add absolutely no experience in flying HNWI, then the chances are close to zero.

Thanks for your answer guys, i really appreciate :).

RedBelt
26th Mar 2019, 02:27
Did the interview in Doha on the 18th and 19th of March, everything is as described in TPJ.

The recruitment team introduced a new event: Group Interview
The purpose is to make candidates more relax before the individual interview. The ask a question to one candidate and he answers, then he discuss with the others his answer at the end he confirms his answer or changes it based on everything the others says.

Simulator on the B787. All as described on the LPJ. No debrief after the Simulator.

Waiting for the next communication from Qatar Executive.

Anybody interviewed lately has any time scale for the next events?
Do they move us to Doha with enough time to settle in the house/apartment?

Any information from anybody is highly appreciated

vmo340
31st Mar 2019, 14:49
Hi, Could you share some info on the type of questions and more info on the sim chk?

corporatepilot71
1st Apr 2019, 05:59
Did the interview in Doha on the 18th and 19th of March, everything is as described in TPJ.

The recruitment team introduced a new event: Group Interview
The purpose is to make candidates more relax before the individual interview. The ask a question to one candidate and he answers, then he discuss with the others his answer at the end he confirms his answer or changes it based on everything the others says.

Simulator on the B787. All as described on the LPJ. No debrief after the Simulator.

Waiting for the next communication from Qatar Executive.

Anybody interviewed lately has any time scale for the next events?
Do they move us to Doha with enough time to settle in the house/apartment?

Any information from anybody is highly appreciated

Did you go for Capt or FO? Gulfstream?

tomuchwork
1st Apr 2019, 23:47
As a former QR(so the MAINLINE) Skipper.

Only advice - stay away from the Qatary suckers. Mainline was already bad, heard terrible stories about QR exec(of course, such a surprise). And yes, all the bad rumours are actually NO rumours.

Worked up a bit in this thread - was an airliner from the beginning, did a 8 year gig in the hellhole called GA and returned crying to airlines. Now C212 whatever thinks that GA command hours are worth anything in Airlines. Well, in high demand times(which are just ending right now, so forget about it for the next 6 years+) it is true. Airlines will take EVERYONE who can prove that he did command anything with wings. If the **** hits the fan(which usually happens every 6-7- years and everyone in aviation business is surprised about it, yes, did already a couple of this cycles) nobody cares about bizz jet drivers. Be it left or right seat. Only (limited) way of getting a job is being an actual airliner with tons of hours on the LEFT seat. Point. Right now it is a good time to get a job WHERE you actually want to stay for the next couple of years. Because winter is coming(lol).

C212-100
2nd Apr 2019, 11:00
Now C212 whatever thinks that GA command hours are worth anything in Airlines. Well, in high demand times(which are just ending right now, so forget about it for the next 6 years+) it is true. Airlines will take EVERYONE who can prove that he did command anything with wings. If the **** hits the fan(which usually happens every 6-7- years and everyone in aviation business is surprised about it, yes, did already a couple of this cycles) nobody cares about bizz jet drivers. Be it left or right seat. Only (limited) way of getting a job is being an actual airliner with tons of hours on the LEFT seat.

Dear tomuchwork,

For the sake of clarity, at no point have I said that GA Command time are worth anything in airlines. What I said was, at most, exactly the opposite. And that was one of the reasons why I've advised against the move to GA as an F/O.

For the rest, I agree with most of what you said, and would like to reiterate that I was lucky enough to have a wonderful experience in GA (flying a privately-owned Global Express for a great owner). Point.

Cheers,
C

EatMyShorts!
2nd Apr 2019, 13:00
Actually, tomuchwork (I can sell you an "o" :) ), GA is pretty rotten and one needs to be pretty lucky to find a decent employer in this field. But they do exist and if you succeed you'll have a better life than the boring WORK at an airline.

C212-100
2nd Apr 2019, 18:17
Actually, tomuchwork (I can sell you an "o" :) ), GA is pretty rotten and one needs to be pretty lucky to find a decent employer in this field. But they do exist and if you succeed you'll have a better life than the boring WORK at an airline.

Couldn’t agree more. Exactly my thoughts.

cheers,
C

RedBelt
3rd Apr 2019, 01:46
Did you go for Capt or FO? Gulfstream?

I went for BD700 captain but during the interview they asked me if I would accept a Gulfstream since I have G550 experience.

corporatepilot71
7th Apr 2019, 04:36
I went for BD700 captain but during the interview they asked me if I would accept a Gulfstream since I have G550 experience.

Any replies yet from them? I am in the holding pool for Gulfstream Captain since December.

RedBelt
8th Apr 2019, 14:28
Any replies yet from them? I am in the holding pool for Gulfstream Captain since December.

No reply yet!

From the info I have it will take more than 6 months! I have heard pilots in the holding pool for over a year

corporatepilot71
10th Apr 2019, 04:14
No reply yet!

From the info I have it will take more than 6 months! I have heard pilots in the holding pool for over a year

I called them and they say nothing will happen till end of April, which is the end of their financial year. There will be some news after that. Good luck.

RedBelt
19th Apr 2019, 05:01
I called them and they say nothing will happen till end of April, which is the end of their financial year. There will be some news after that. Good luck.

That is good news....I wish they said that during the interview...
The recruiting team does not realize business aviation pilots do not work with the same rules as airline pilots....

RedBelt
3rd May 2019, 23:21
Any information if Qatar Executive is still doing assessments in Doha?

Anybody in the “successful” pool been contacted lately for a Date of Start?

It seems everything is very quite regarding hiring and new admittances lately

corporatepilot71
5th May 2019, 11:05
Any information if Qatar Executive is still doing assessments in Doha?

Anybody in the “successful” pool been contacted lately for a Date of Start?

It seems everything is very quite regarding hiring and new admittances lately

Still is quiet. No contact from them yet.

Brian304
24th Jun 2019, 15:49
Has anyone had any news from Qatar Exec. for the G650/G500 non type rated F/O? I am also wanting to know of hold pool times, upgrade times, pay scale, benefits e.t.c.

thanks all, happy landings...

Mehta Silvia
12th Nov 2019, 11:43
Hello Lima Victor..PM sent. Cheers (Saludos)
I'm working in the airline industry for 1 and a half years in srilankan airlines and 3 and a half in ek, would it help

worldwanderer90
5th Feb 2020, 06:15
PM Klimax ...
hi dan1165,

any chance you can send me a PM with those details too?

CPTA2020
20th Feb 2020, 17:08
I’m looking for some info on QE, Thanks!

Dajeaermitomane
19th Feb 2021, 00:26
Heard Strong Rumors about the entire G500 fleet been grounded since last September due to unsatisfactory reliability and performances. Anyone can confirm please?

PilatusDriver23
4th Mar 2021, 07:56
If there were any airworthiness issues, I think the crew would know about it.
Instead the G500 remain Gulfstream top selling aircraft and every other operator around the world continues to fly.

Dont worry
5th Mar 2021, 06:06
And yes, the G500 fleet is grounded. The crews have been left on the ground with no information about the reason or how long this will be last.
But the crews have been send to the Sim for their recurrent events and they get paid the basic salary. Nevertheless, sitting around without knowing what to do in Doha is not a burner.
Looks like, Qatar wants to give the G500 back to Gulfstream for some reason. Nobody knows.

PilatusDriver23
5th Mar 2021, 21:53
And yes, the G500 fleet is grounded. The crews have been left on the ground with no information about the reason or how long this will be last.
But the crews have been send to the Sim for their recurrent events and they get paid the basic salary. Nevertheless, sitting around without knowing what to do in Doha is not a burner.
Looks like, Qatar wants to give the G500 back to Gulfstream for some reason. Nobody knows.

And Qatar Executive was launch customer for the G500 and now they want to give them back! Do you think Gulfstream will still let them be launch customer for the G700? I don't think so. If I were Gulfstream I would tell them to keep what they bought and be happy... like everyone else.
I heard crew are going to the recurrent courses just to take the aircraft back to US. Gulfstream is not even coming to collect the aircraft with their rated pilots which would be a lot cheaper. There pilots would only need QCAA validation to fly A7 reg. Sounds like there is a big fight with Gulfstream.

Dajeaermitomane
17th Apr 2021, 00:56
And Qatar Executive was launch customer for the G500 and now they want to give them back! Do you think Gulfstream will still let them be launch customer for the G700? I don't think so. If I were Gulfstream I would tell them to keep what they bought and be happy... like everyone else.
I heard crew are going to the recurrent courses just to take the aircraft back to US. Gulfstream is not even coming to collect the aircraft with their rated pilots which would be a lot cheaper. There pilots would only need QCAA validation to fly A7 reg. Sounds like there is a big fight with Gulfstream.

(Un)official reason: aircraft serviceability.

All 5 aircraft are now back to the US under N reg, owned by Gulfstream.

SMT Member
19th Apr 2021, 11:00
And yet the aircraft (G500) is still listed on QE's website as available for charter.

tophe
28th Apr 2021, 12:54
All 5 G500's have been re-registered on the 23rd of April under their original registration.
https://registry.faa.gov/AircraftInquiry/Search/NNumberResult?nNumberTxt=511GD or https://rzjets.net/aircraft/?typ=153678

Springbok614
26th Aug 2021, 12:19
I see QR Exec is hiring NTR DECs.

Any idea on which fleet they have a demand at present?

Conditions still similar to what was mentioned earlier in this thread?

Any idea about frequent destinations across the fleet?

Speed1 Bird
9th Sep 2021, 03:45
Hey Springbok614, I’d be interested to know too. Any idea when candidates would be shortlisted?

TheColonel
7th Feb 2022, 02:43
Hey everyone,

Question regarding Qatar Executive - Has the roster changed post Covid or does 22/8, 22/8 and 22/16 still remain valid?

Of the 22 days spent on - how much of that time can be expected to be spent in Doha?

Many thanks for the insights!

TC

Klimax
8th Feb 2022, 07:37
Hey everyone,

Question regarding Qatar Executive - Has the roster changed post Covid or does 22/8, 22/8 and 22/16 still remain valid?

Of the 22 days spent on - how much of that time can be expected to be spent in Doha?

Many thanks for the insights!

TC

Every single time I go to FSI FAB for training I always meet QE pilots. One group are QE pilots leaving the "dump" the other group of ex airline pilots are joining the "dump" - always funny to see them meet and greet each other. Must be some kind of a circus.

My Rifle and I
14th Mar 2022, 13:52
Any QE pilots care to share any gen on the operation please? I have the same questions as TheColonel.

Roster, salary, route network, company sentiment, staff travel benefits...etc.....

Thank you. :ok:

simon266
4th Apr 2023, 20:11
Has anyone got any up to date info in the recruitment process?

I got to the invited for PSA stage afyer the online test but now word after that.

Has anyone been through it and been hired?

theaviator2005
12th Apr 2023, 11:49
Has anyone got any up to date info in the recruitment process?

I got to the invited for PSA stage afyer the online test but now word after that.

Has anyone been through it and been hired?

Same here, Did the Online Testing Back in Jan Still nothing, saying the same PSA stage! I recon were just in a holding-pool if they need they will call

alkor
14th Apr 2023, 11:16
Any QE pilots care to share any gen on the operation please? I have the same questions as TheColonel.

Roster, salary, route network, company sentiment, staff travel benefits...etc.....

Thank you. :ok:

Thats copy paste from ppjn: (regarding benefits- I hear same as Qatar mainline)

18 days on / 14 days off. Also some leave blocks will be used for work. You will be informed the 20th of the month before. You also have 2x 14d assigned as training. You will technically have 8x 14d off a year. The rest of the leave days will be a day here assigned in your training block. Sounds good but doesn't work. Many leave since this roster is an illusion.

donPablo
18th May 2023, 19:33
And same here. Applied and did PSA in March. And then… unfortunately nothing. Status says Invited for PSA.

I saw new adds lately over the internet but they lead to the same job code in their application so… obviously cannot re-apply.

ACJDriver
21st May 2023, 14:47
And same here. Applied and did PSA in March. And then… unfortunately nothing. Status says Invited for PSA.

I saw new adds lately over the internet but they lead to the same job code in their application so… obviously cannot re-apply.

Same in my case. Did mine in Mar as well.

theaviator2005
17th Aug 2023, 10:16
Anyone know what to expect for the Interview itself? I can see on other forums the following!
-Welcome Video
- Various assessment tests
- ATPL General questions test
- Panel interview
- Technical interview!

Anyone any idea if the above is correct, and if so what to expect when it comes to the technical interview?

Thanks

simon266
17th Aug 2023, 15:17
I did mine back in March now but didn't hear anything except the initial email 'invited for PSA'

Has anyone else heard anything?

desertcamel
24th Sep 2023, 00:42
Hello,
Anyone knows the package they offer for Direct entry Capt?

Thank you

AVGeek101
21st Nov 2023, 18:07
Has anybody got some feedback on Teams interview questions?
Any roster update and what’s the pay?
Thanks for sharing

Klimax
22nd Nov 2023, 20:50
This is an industry known joker company. No more ability to hide reality. It´s basically a company that accepts and provide the opportunity for ex-airline pilots to enter the biz aviation world on the prime segment of "large cabin" (not wide body! - hold your horses!) airframes. So, yeah, opportunist pilots join, get rated, get the hours and leave these clowns. Going training at FlightSafely Intl., say Farnborugh, you meet these disillusioned Qatar Executive pilots, who are overworked and under appreciated. Ghost like types. As soon as their type rating bonds ends they´ll look to escape this ****hole operation. Like my comments or not (does it hurt Felix? dumb f@ck management tool?) - it´s just the (very) unfortunate (or perhaps simply the fact) reality. Deal with it!

AVGeek101
22nd Nov 2023, 21:06
Thx… i hear your rant and I read it..
my question was the pay and roster…
thx

Klimax
23rd Nov 2023, 09:10
Thats copy paste from ppjn: (regarding benefits- I hear same as Qatar mainline)

18 days on / 14 days off. Also some leave blocks will be used for work. You will be informed the 20th of the month before. You also have 2x 14d assigned as training. You will technically have 8x 14d off a year. The rest of the leave days will be a day here assigned in your training block. Sounds good but doesn't work. Many leave since this roster is an illusion.

I have to say, this must be one of the most expensive run training organizations in BizAv. Obviously, this company needs to hire non type-rated pilot, because type rated pilots in the industry already knows what type of crap operation this is, so they couldn´t be bothered going there - unless of course they reach point of desperation, and join with only one purpose (and we all know what that would be!). So, yeah, go get the type rating - and the get out as quick as you can! QE is purpose build for that training part.

an5931
16th Jan 2024, 11:19
For non-type rated guys, what is the Type-Rating/Training bond ? How does it work?

IndiaNovember
6th Mar 2024, 13:06
hello,
applied for QE non type rated fo in january, no news at all since then....application still "under review", any tips? any of you in the same situation?
thanks

NewJob1
13th Mar 2024, 10:56
Hi all,
FIrst post on here and have applied for NTR FO...

Just wondering what the accommodation situation is. I'd be coming with wife and 2 kids so is it apartment or villa? Company provided or self sourced? I've heard Airways guys are put in Company housing. Is that the same at Executive?

Also is the roster still 18/14. Assuming it's a lot of time away from doha. Flown corporate so know the drill.

Thanks

IndiaNovember
14th Mar 2024, 08:09
i think is a sort of copy paste of qatar airways conditions if you talk about contract.
The only differences are about the training bond, type rating more expensive, you have 4-5 years bond from what i heard.
did already call you? my application still under review..

PropDude
25th Apr 2024, 08:33
Just out of curiosity and because it drives me crazy. Does anyone else need to keep changing his/her password every time you log into the QR careers portal or is it just me...?

alkor
25th Apr 2024, 12:59
Just out of curiosity and because it drives me crazy. Does anyone else need to keep changing his/her password every time you log into the QR careers portal or is it just me...?
yes....same here.

PropDude
26th Apr 2024, 12:16
:ugh:

PropDude
26th Apr 2024, 12:17
My status after 5 months just changed to "Meets Basic Requirements"...any idea how long will it take to call me after that?

IndiaNovember
26th Apr 2024, 12:25
same story!

alkor
26th Apr 2024, 14:18
rated or non-rated? they removed advert for non-rated. So no idea.

IndiaNovember
26th Apr 2024, 16:17
rated or non-rated? they removed advert for non-rated. So no idea.
non rated

alkor
26th Apr 2024, 21:03
i am not sure what s the deal herel.....a budy of mine got in in 5 months or so....non-rated

IndiaNovember
27th Apr 2024, 07:16
i am not sure what s the deal herel.....a budy of mine got in in 5 months or so....non-rated
i applied in january and my application still "under review"

PropDude
29th Apr 2024, 16:04
The ad is still there