PDA

View Full Version : So I suppose....the Florida 'Thing'

Fliegenmong
15th Feb 2018, 20:08
Is not being talked about because it always ends up the same? ....... Ho hum...just another slaughter of innocent people then...

wiggy
15th Feb 2018, 20:12
Is not being talked about because it always ends up the same? ....... Ho hum...just another slaughter of innocent people then...

It is being discussed in the US politics hamsterwheel thread, but I think Gertrude the Wombat summed up very well how it all appears to many of us non-Americans in a very recent post...

Look, this is a pointless discussion. We already know all the answers. From last time. And the time before that. And the time before that. The answers are:

(1) Americans think that if he's white he's not a terrorist.
(2) Americans think that a few dozen children killed every now and then is a price worth paying for the god-given constitutional right to wave willy extensions.
(3) Americans like it like this, otherwise, as they claim to be a democracy, they'd fix it.
(4) It's none of the rest of our business, and if we don't like it we don't have to visit America.

End of. There's nothing further to say.

vapilot2004
15th Feb 2018, 20:31
The American democracy is damaged. Special interests and the recent US Supreme Court's flawed (5/4) decision to allow unlimited, untraceable dark money into electioneering have led us to this place where being a political moderate is no longer viable.

Responsible governing requires moderates in power, instead, we lurch from crisis to crisis with shrieking extremists on both sides, and no solutions in sight. Logical, fact based debate has left the building.

Espada III
15th Feb 2018, 20:43
Not only in the US. It is happening in the UK right now, with right wing Brexiteers and left wing fascists.
Luckily for us the judiciary is currently independent. Corbyn won't let that stay for long.

Trump seems to think it is easier, quicker and better to solve all the mental illness issues facing the youth of the US than simply making it harder for those with murdurous intentions to get hold of lethal weapons. Deluded and in the pocket of the NRA.

If you go around Israel for instance you will see young people with M-16 rifles, both in and out of military uniform, although all will be in the military at the time. They will be on buses, at the beach or even the nightclub. The rules for carrying these weapons and their ammunition in public are strict, and clearly they work, as there have never been any Columbine type attacks. You simply cannot buy guns in Israel unless you have a very good reason to own one, and the vast majority of people do not have a good reason, despite the situation vis-a-vis the Palestinians. The result is, like in the UK with no visible guns in public ever, no massacres. Simples.

However, people say don't go to the US. Why? I am unlikely to visit a public school in the US so the risk is very much reduced.

tartare
15th Feb 2018, 20:52
A Miami Herald reporter interviewed here last night on the ABC made the same point as Gertrude.
Many Americans regard mass shootings as an acceptable price to pay for preserving their second amendment rights.
Will American schools be forced to become like the Masada Jewish College here in Sydney?
A fortress, with anti-climb fences, metal detectors and armed guards at a gatehouse?
And I suspect even that would not stop a kid with a grudge and an AR-15.

Gertrude the Wombat
15th Feb 2018, 21:01
If you go around Israel for instance you will see young people with M-16 rifles, both in and out of military uniform, although all will be in the military at the time. They will be on buses, at the beach or even the nightclub.
Yup, I was at a disco in somewhere on the shore of Galilee in 1973 and one of the dancers was in uniform with a rifle across his back.

On the one hand, if anything happened he'd have been on my side, but on the other hand he was pissed out of his brain so I'm not entirely convinced he could have been relied on to aim straight.

NutLoose
15th Feb 2018, 21:21
It's a typical American sickness, If they insist on the right to bear arms I for one can not see how and why they do not remove military grade assault rifles and larger style weapons, you can maintain the right to carry arms with a .22 pistol, it won't get rid of the problem but it sure as heck will reduce the amount of damage an individual can do. To arm teachers is barking.

galaxy flyer
15th Feb 2018, 21:26
Special interests and the recent US Supreme Court's flawed (5/4) decisio

In vapilot’s world a majority opinion is flawed, if it doesn’t favor his political temperament. It’s fine, if it does. Just clearing that up.

GF

WingNut60
15th Feb 2018, 21:30
...... If they insist on the right to bare arms I for one ....

I hate to be pedantic on such a serious subject, but please fix the above.

fujii
15th Feb 2018, 21:34
I hate to be pedantic on such a serious subject, but please fix the above.

How about their right to wear T-shirts.

Jetex_Jim
15th Feb 2018, 21:36
https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/president-trumps-victim-blaming-response-to-the-mass-shooting-in-florida

And Victim Blaming from the Donald, who said this"So many signs that the Florida shooter was mentally disturbed, even expelled from school for bad and erratic behavior. Neighbors and classmates knew he was a big problem. Must always report such instances to authorities, again and again!”

One result is that American children drill—again and again—for mass shootings. Anyone with a child might be in the position of hearing awful, alarming reports on the news, and then rushing to text sons or daughters, wondering if even that is safe, or if the sound of the alert might reveal their child’s hiding place to a shooter. As my colleague John Cassidy notes, students around the country have been trained to turn their phones to silent at the start of a drill. They have been told what to imagine. Do they also have to take on the role of policing teen-agers who may live in houses with multiple, legal weapons? How can they tell the difference between the pathology of their parents, who have done nothing to make the gun laws in this country more sensible, and that of their peers?

What a prospect for American schoolchildren.

PDR1
15th Feb 2018, 21:39
This illustrates the crass misdirection which the sentient world simply doesn't understand:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWB5rDEVoAAgGRX.jpg

This is a response to the 2nd amendmenter's usual rationalisation:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWE0fiqVAAA0BGM.jpg

This is not an attempt at humour - that would be completely inappropriate. This is just a "a picture tells a thousand words" thing.

PDR

PDR1
15th Feb 2018, 21:43
In vapilot’s world a majority opinion is flawed, if it doesn’t favor his political temperament. It’s fine, if it does. Just clearing that up.

GF

No, I believe he was just suggesting the legal argument used bt the 5 to explain their judgement was flawed - if there was a 5/4 vote that 2+2=5071 it is still a flawed judgement regardless of the majority.

PDR

NutLoose
15th Feb 2018, 21:51
Totally agree with her comments

Student calls Trump a 'piece of s**t' after Florida school shooting | Metro News (http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/15/student-calls-donald-trump-a-piece-of-st-after-florida-high-school-shooting-7314848/)

NutLoose
15th Feb 2018, 21:53
Wingnut, it's the iPad, it does predictable spelling and I sometimes miss it.

Jetex_Jim
15th Feb 2018, 21:59
https://twitter.com/joeeboyd/status/964230364657983489

charliegolf
15th Feb 2018, 22:03
Kinder Eggs are banned in the US. 'Cos they MIGHT be dangerous. Ironic eh?

CG

Highway1
15th Feb 2018, 22:40
Its getting tiresome that the first reaction of some in these situations is to blame Trump - they cant stop playing politics even for a day.

FWIW Obama introduced 2 Gun Control Laws in his 8 years in charge and both of those loosened regulations on gun ownership - but lets all blame Trump.. :rolleyes:

Espada III
15th Feb 2018, 22:45
Its getting tiresome that the first reaction of some in these situations is to blame Trump - they cant stop playing politics even for a day.

FWIW Obama introduced 2 Gun Control Laws in his 8 years in charge and both of those loosened regulations on gun ownership - but lets all blame Trump.. :rolleyes:

No one is blaming Trump for the killings but his crass solution.

rotornut
15th Feb 2018, 22:48
A simple solution: let teachers carry guns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m-kJe_cB-Q&spfreload=10

Highway1
15th Feb 2018, 22:49
No one is blaming Trump for the killings but his crass solution.

Trump has the same solution as Obama and Shrub and Slick Willy - do nothing..

Takan Inchovit
15th Feb 2018, 23:00
Pity the previous Pres. couldn't manage a solution either, as well as the FBI who had an opportunity to prevent this shooting.

wishiwasupthere
15th Feb 2018, 23:17
A simple solution: let teachers carry guns

And bar staff at nightclubs, ticket sellers at cinemas etc. America is one f$*ked up place.

rotornut
15th Feb 2018, 23:52
Have teachers train and carry these in their desks and they might only shoot a few students instead of the ones killed in these shootings: https://hk-usa.com/hk-models/sp5k-2/

wishiwasupthere
16th Feb 2018, 00:26
Ha. Surely you're taking the p!ss? :eek:

TWT
16th Feb 2018, 03:00
Have teachers train and carry these in their desksAwesome solution :rolleyes:

Kids don't even need to procure their own weapon and take it to school now. Just relieve your teacher of theirs.

megan
16th Feb 2018, 04:44
Reports are that this is the 18th school shooting this year, defined as any time a firearm discharges a live round inside a school building or on a school campus or grounds. 300 events since 2013, average of one a week. Seems plenty of kids are carrying.

TWT
16th Feb 2018, 04:47
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no-there-havent-been-18-school-shooting-in-2018-that-number-is-flat-wrong/2018/02/15/65b6cf72-1264-11e8-8ea1-c1d91fcec3fe_story.html

Not arguing whether it's 2, 3, or 17 because 1 is too many, but it's interesting that this story was even written.

PDR1
16th Feb 2018, 07:25
Trump has the same solution as Obama and Shrub and Slick Willy - do nothing..

Maybe. But Obama didn't try to rally "2nd Amendmenters" into a posse to murder his election rival. But that's irrelevant - this shouldn't be a partisan issue.

It could get to a time when the rest of the world needs to step in and impose regime-change in the USA over the humanitarian crimes being committed by gun-maniacs.

Americans keep claiming that this is somehow "normal", and no changes are needed. But despite there being many other countries where guns are as easily available these incidents only happen in america. There are ionly two possible conclusions which can be drawn from this:

1. American society actually prizes child-murder as a core part of the american dream

2. Americans are just basically too puerile to own guns responsibly

But it does seem strange that they react so violently to others (eg Moslems) killing their citizens when killing their own children almost seems to be a national sport.

PDR

ORAC
16th Feb 2018, 07:33
Pointless blaming Trump, Obama tried to change things and, at the end, his only reaction to each new shooting was just to cry.

Even assuming the Comstitution could be changed, it can decades. If you take the 19th Amendment, on the vote for women, it took 41 years between being presented in Congress before being passed to the states for ratification.

It also ignores the fact that there are now somewhere around 400m guns in circulation in the USA, of which the majority are in private collections with no official register.

Taking the above as given, even if the Constitution could be changed, what would be the result? May I point out the case their neighbour, México, and their gun laws (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Mexico) and the level of gun violence they experience.

I give this example because yesterday on Sky the report which followed that on the latest Florida shooting was on Acapulco (https://news.sky.com/story/acapulco-the-resort-killed-by-drugs-guns-and-gangs-11250906).

And of course....

But despite there being many other countries where guns are as easily available these incidents only happen in america.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Iguala_mass_kidnapping

PDR1
16th Feb 2018, 07:43
Even assuming the Comstitution could be changed

I am always bemused by the claim* that you can't take guns away from Americans because it's a constitutional right and the constitution can't be changed. I actually had someone tell me that it would be unconstitutional to amend the 2nd Amendment, which generally shows the gibberingly low intellect of a large part of the pro-gun lobby.

Do you really think it's a rational act to allow people that stupid to have anything more than a toy which shouts "bang" when he pulls the trigger? To the rest of the sentient world this isn't rocket surgery...

PDR

* which I appreciate you are not making, but it's related to what you said

PDR1
16th Feb 2018, 07:45
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Iguala_mass_kidnapping

Kidnapping for organised financial gain or organised terrorist purposes isn't really the same thing, is it. The fact that you conflate the two is rather proving my point.

PDR

vapilot2004
16th Feb 2018, 08:00

GF

Actually you have muddied the waters, GF. In fact, there have been many times where Supreme Court decisions were proven to be on the wrong side of history. Citizen's United is one of those decisions.

Allowing secret, unlimited, untraceable money to further muddy the waters during American elections is clearly a bad decision, not unlike Dred Scott, where the court decided black people didn't have the same rights to citizenship as whites (although I suppose this president and far too many who support him don't have a problem with that).

ORAC
16th Feb 2018, 09:22
I would argue to the contrary PDR1, the current argument in the USA is that it just about the age and mental health of the killer, the case I point out has neither excuse.

The point I was making was not in defence of the status quo, it was to point out the simplistic call for more gun control would not solve the problem, it is much more complex and will take generations to fix.

To put it another way; simply changing US gun laws is as likely to produce a México as a Canada.

Captivep
16th Feb 2018, 09:31
I once asked, on one of these depressingly familiar threads, how gun owners in the States would react if, miraculously, the 2nd Amendment were changed.

Would they abide by the law, or not?

I never got a clear answer which, I think, is related to my theory that there's something in the american psyche (buoyed, no doubt, by the plucky settler and freedom fighter backstory) which means that they have a deeper connection to guns than anybody else. To be clear, I'm not knocking the backstory - every country has myths and stories...

I once said to an american colleague that I thought her countrymen had a strange relationship with guns. She replied, "not strange, just different."

WingNut60
16th Feb 2018, 09:49
....... it is much more complex and will take generations to fix.

In fact it will take much, much longer, perhaps an infinite amount of time to "fix" it, if no change is ever made to initiate the fix.

Bob Viking
16th Feb 2018, 09:52
I cannot offer any solutions but the bit that constantly grates for me is how everyone always states their 2nd amendment rights as if they are sacrosanct and unchangeable.

Remind me what the word amendment means?

As if by example may I quote some amendments myself. What about the 18th and 21st amendments?

The 18th banned the production and consumption of alcohol throughout the USA in the early 20th century. The 21st repealed it.

You see the constitution can be AMENDED!

I know American folks like their guns (hell I like them too and would love to be able to own them) but is any hobby worth the deaths of children?

There are far better arguments for gun ownership than siting a document written hundreds of years ago.

BV

ORAC
16th Feb 2018, 09:55
There is a very good book pointing out the frontier gun myth was the first truly successful marketing campaign by the gun manufacturers.

Before the Civil War the problem for the government wasn’t limiting guns, it was trying to get the citizenry to buy and maintain them - a rifle costing a substantial part of a year’s wages.

The introduction of mass production of guns during the war lead to a major problem for the manufacturers when it ended, but also had reduced the price to where it was affordable to the man in the street. So the manufacturers paid writers to crate the entire Wild West genre with the gunman as a hero and had the distributed almost for free whilst advertising their guns for sale.

Arms and the man | The Economist (http://www.economist.com/node/218080)

https://dianerehm.org/shows/2016-04-25/pamela-haag-the-gunning-of-america

Fliegenmong
16th Feb 2018, 09:57
Yeah...well...I've posted this before....but my Sister moved from the States back to Australia because she did not want (naturally) to have her children shot at school.....she probably made the right decision...

...But as I have also said in the past....it's simply the price of visiting the US....Look at all those poor souls shot dead in Vegas last year....It's what it is to be in the States...

...I accept if I was in Iraq I am perhaps likely to be shot by a dark skinned terrorist.....equally....there exists the chance if I was ever back in Vegas I could be shot by a wealthy white American terrorist....

They both induce terror....

charliegolf
16th Feb 2018, 09:58
I cannot offer any solutions but the bit that constantly grates for me is how everyone always states their 2nd amendment rights as if they are sacrosanct and unchangeable.

Remind me what the word amendment means?

As if by example may I quote some amendments myself. What about the 18th and 21st amendments?

The 18th banned the production and consumption of alcohol throughout the USA in the early 20th century. The 21st repealed it.

You see the constitution can be AMENDED!

I know American folks like their guns (hell I like them too and would love to be able to own them) but is any hobby worth the deaths of children?

There are far better arguments for gun ownership than siting a document written hundreds of years ago.

BV

Interesting pov. On amendments... I am an observer, not an expert, but am I right to believe that that the first x amendments are referred to as The Bill of Rights? If so, perhaps a constitutional scholar (or an American Ppruner:E) might explain whether or not the Bill of Rights has some special protection against further amendment. Is it a further impediment to change?

CG

funfly
16th Feb 2018, 10:05
is any hobby worth the deaths of children?
But it's not a 'hobby' they see it as a right, part of their 'manhood'
I assume it makes them feel like cowboys.
You can legally buy one age 17 although you cannot buy alcohol until 21 (I think)
Funny people.

Fliegenmong
16th Feb 2018, 10:27
Dunno if this opens for you....??

Mick Hawi: Execution could trigger gang war (http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/crime/mick-hawis-public-killing-could-lead-to-titfortat-mayhem-says-expert/news-story/1b62c6095c4cc6177f05fb14227c0e53)

....but this quote stands out..

“It is not surprising that someone has done this in public, because this new generation pick up these American ideas about public shootings and the drive-bys from the media.”

I've long said were becoming the 51st state....but at least now the general populace do not have access to guns....school shootings and the like do not occur...

hiflymk3
16th Feb 2018, 10:32
Sorry Americans, but if you see gun ownership more important than the lives of your children then you get what you deserve.

Tankertrashnav
16th Feb 2018, 11:25
I've been thinking - wouldn't it meet the conditions of the constitution (or Bill of Rights) if all American citizens were still given the right to bear arms as long as these were flintlock muskets or pistols?

VP959
16th Feb 2018, 11:35
The gun ownership thing will never change in rural America, in my view. It's so deeply ingrained, and has so much influence politically, that nothing whatsoever, no matter how horrific, will change it.

The slightly odd thing I found when working in the US is that gun ownership wasn't as prevalent in big cities as I expected it to be (and I accept that my expectations were largely influenced by the media, which we know is not representative). I don't recall anyone I met when working in Washington owning a gun, for example, yet when working in Idaho everyone seemed to have several guns.

It's almost as if the "Wild West" is still alive and well in rural America.

Over the years I've become a bit ambivalent about the US position on gun ownership and control. My only real concern is that it keeps being reported here that the majority of Americans would like to see some form of gun control. If that is the case (and again, I accept that's media reporting, so may well not be true) then I would ask the obvious question:

"If it's true that the majority of Americans would like to see some form of gun control, why doesn't the supposedly biggest democracy on the planet accede to their wishes?"

Curious Pax
16th Feb 2018, 12:05
"If it's true that the majority of Americans would like to see some form of gun control, why doesn't the supposedly biggest democracy on the planet accede to their wishes?"

In a word - money. The vested interests of the arms industry and their fellow travellers such as the NRA spend so much supporting politicians the result is inevitable.

I wonder if the child of a major figure was caught up in one of these shootings whether anything would change. I wish no harm whatsoever to Barron Trump, but god forbid something happened at his school would his father just be offering thoughts and prayers?

NutLoose
16th Feb 2018, 12:09
Pity the previous Pres. couldn't manage a solution either, as well as the FBI who had an opportunity to prevent this shooting.

How???
Until he carried out this act he had done nothing wrong... true people thought he was a threat, but I bet people are saying that about 100,000's in the USA every year. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

yotty
16th Feb 2018, 12:30
My condolences to the family and friends of all those killed and injured. WRT the second amendment , the genie is well and truly out of the bottle. With so many illegally held weapons in the hands of criminals and nere'do wells how could you honestly ask a citizen with a legally held firearm to give it up?

Highway1
16th Feb 2018, 12:36
Maybe. But Obama didn't try to rally "2nd Amendmenters" into a posse to murder his election rival. But that's irrelevant - this shouldn't be a partisan issue.

Well stop making partisan digs then.

Obama only signed into Law 2 new rules on gun ownership and they both relaxed controls. As there is absolutely no prospect of any significant change in the short term as regards gun control Trump decides to focus on treatment for the metal illness that drives these people to act like this - and is then roundly condemned.

Funny old world.

Dan Gerous
16th Feb 2018, 12:50
One of the best comments I read about guns in America was on this site a while back, concerning Sandy Nook. I can't remember it exactly but it was along the lines of when America was prepared to accept the slaughter of toddlers to keep their gun laws, there was no longer any point in trying to change minds.

Sadly when I heard this on the news my first thought was, so what, another one, nothing new and nothing will change.

clareprop
16th Feb 2018, 13:35
Train Teachers to Shoot'

I'm envisaging the above for the faculty of my children's school. Try as I might, in my mind Miss Hobbs the music teacher, does not instantly transform to a steely-eyed dealer of death. Mr Bain, the English teacher, throws his Wordsworth to the floor, reaches under his cardigan and pulls out his Glock 17. Flicking the safeties as he dives to the..., no..not really.
Meanwhile in her office, as the alarm bell rings, Ms Constance the headmistress opens the locked cabinet and yanks out her Mossberg 590. Sprinting down the corridor towards the sound of gunfire, she thumbs-in five shells and pumps the piece as she kicks the door down ...,hmm..possibly not.

Fliegenmong
16th Feb 2018, 14:00
I'm over this...really.... you need to ACCEPT that this will continue to happen.....as barbaric as it sounds... as distressing are the scenes...It IS THE USA...and it is what it is...and it will continue......the only real question is when...not if ....there is another mass shooting...school or otherwise

And the perpetrators ARE terrorists! They inflict terror on the general populace....

Think the Vegas victims were not terrified?... Think these children were not terrified? Think their parents were not terrified? The perpetrators are terrorists pure & simple..they inflict terror whilst killing innocent civilians....muslim terrorists inflict terror whilst killing innocents..

What is not so clear is why seemingly well adjusted American middle class citizens choose to lay to waste (By acts of terrorism) fellow American citizens??

Crazy crap the developed world fails to understand...

Maybe the next act of terror that targets innocents can be explained awsay?

Hempy
16th Feb 2018, 14:14
A few points:

1. Obama tried to have people who claim social security for mental health issues added to the list for background security checks, making it harder for some people with mental health issues to legally purchase firearms. It wasn’t much, but it was one step down the path to reducing these sorts of terrible events. Like all journeys, it needs a beginning.

Donald Trump, whose campaign received ~$40million in donations from the NRA, revoked that regulation in Feb last year. The pro gun lobby has the Republicans in their back pocket, bought, signed and paid for.

2. Nikolas Cruz was a member of and did paramilitary style training with a far right white supremacist group whose stated intention is to turn Florida into a ‘white ethnostate’. The right have been responsible for more murders in the US since 9/11 than ISIS/al-Quaeda/Muslims/Socialists/name your hate group here combined. Exponentially.

Yet, again, this is not considered a ‘terrorist’ act...presumably because he didn’t shout ‘allahu akbar’.

3. Again, we have people claiming ‘guns don’t kill people, people kill people’. These people also praise attempts to deny North Korea nuclear weapons.

Surely nukes don’t kill people?

4. Again, we have people claiming that knives etc kill people just as dead as guns do. These same people own a firearm, rather than a knife, for ‘home protection’.

6. As Jim Jeffries says, despite all of the arguments the pro gun lobby put forward, there is really only one reason for owning a gun that isn’t complete and utter bullshit...”fk off, I like guns”

Fliegenmong
16th Feb 2018, 14:17
Accept this.....children laid to waste whilst attending school...don't believe me?...then tell me how long till the next school massacre? You MUST ACCEPT this..Life in the US is perilous....there are mANY HOME GROWN PERPETRATORS OF TERRORISM TO BE WARY OF...

Sallyann1234
16th Feb 2018, 14:21
I expect this thread will soon be locked or removed like all the previous ones on the subject.

Since all the opinions are the same every time, wouldn't it be easier just to rename the thread title after each month's slaughter? It would save everyone a lot of effort.

Fliegenmong
16th Feb 2018, 14:34
It doesn't happen in the rest of the free world.........so i guess its not my problem

Highway1
16th Feb 2018, 15:49
What is not so clear is why seemingly well adjusted American middle class citizens choose to lay to waste (By acts of terrorism) fellow American citizens??

Not sure that anyone would claim that this kid is well adjusted. Well adjusted people dont tend to claim on youtube that they want to be professional school shooters.

Katamarino
16th Feb 2018, 15:52
Ah yes, the usual "idiots who know nothing about the USA spouting off about the USA" thread. The only sensible comment in the otherwise typical GtW drivel quoted is that perhaps the rest of the world should worry about their own issues. I'm not even American and still can't stand the self righteous drivel you lot spew.

Ultimately each country makes its own choices. Europe chooses to restrict everything to cater for the lowest common denominator. The USA accepts more risk in return for more freedom for the law abiding 99.99999999%. Different countries are different, so suck it up.

If you want to go on moral crusades try addressing the Middle East, Africa, "honour killings" in Asia, and so on. Oddly, nobody on here seems to give a hoot about anything bad that doesn't happen in the USA though...

charliegolf
16th Feb 2018, 15:59
Kinder Eggs are banned in the US. 'Cos they MIGHT be dangerous. Ironic eh?

CG

Post 17. Presumably 99.99999% of Americans need to be protected from... confectionary? Not guns tho'.

Go figure.

CG

T28B
16th Feb 2018, 16:05
Thank you all for expressing your views and your condolences.
Sallyann1234 is correct that there is nothing new under the sun.
The suggestion to merge various "American Gun threads" won't be taken, but it wasn't a completely bad idea, beyond the fact that JB already has a US Politics hamsterwheel. Adding another US Politics hamsterwheel won't add value to the forum.

This thread is now closed, like 17 coffin lids soon will be. :{