PDA

View Full Version : I don't know why, but this clip makes me feel gravity more than . . .

Loose rivets
12th Feb 2018, 23:55
Sandra Bullock.

What a wonderful shot, the world looking so real, and so small. All that aggression and love, all that ignorance and science. So much on that paper-thin surface. Why am I here to question this?

Trump budget US cash for International Space Station - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43038329)

Sallyann1234
13th Feb 2018, 08:20
Sandra Bullock.

What a wonderful shot, the world looking so real, and so small. All that aggression and love, all that ignorance and science. So much on that paper-thin surface. Why am I here to question this?

Trump budget US cash for International Space Station - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43038329)
Sandra Bullock? That looks more like Thomas Pesquet to me.

Pontius Navigator
13th Feb 2018, 08:55
Democrat Senator Bill Nelson said the White House would have a "fight on its hands" if it wanted to pull out in the mid-2020s.

And where does the good Senator come from?

Was rail and track exploration and exploitation in UK and US Government sponsored?

Was aviation experimentation Government sponsored?

Space has generally been the exception with Government sponsorship throughout. As a policy, is it so wrong for a Government to give way to private companies?

Loose rivets
13th Feb 2018, 11:17
Sandra Bullock? That looks more like Thomas Pesquet to me.

Just a clumsy attempt at a gripping headline.

Actually, it was just an excuse to say, Gravity! I was banned from talking about it at home and my few remaining pals are really not interested.

It was just that clip seemed oddly real - and by that I mean not just against the lovely Sandra's film, but all real shots I've seen many times. Perhaps it's just me, since I study, as best as a layman can, astrophysics late into most nights.

Knowing what makes that ball spherical-ish and struggling to understand what is (apparently) holding that vessel in orbit is one of the great mysteries utterly resistant to mankind's determined research.

Forty years of kicking my hypothesis about and very few people are willing to allow the inflow of spacetime as the prime mechanism. Yet, concepts of a holographic 2D projection are along with Emergent Gravity, and also . . . well, lots of very difficult comprehend proposals.

This minute pseudo-force shapes the universe, or at least the energy we perceive as matter. Endlessly fascinating, and an absolute burden when one is trying hard to remain awake during the day.

funfly
14th Feb 2018, 08:36
Loose,
Remember we, humans, can only understand what our brain can understand.
Does the humble ant have any concept of the building it helps to create and maintain?