PDA

View Full Version : Air Commodore David K. Norriss R.I.P.

M.Mouse
12th Feb 2018, 20:38
David Norriss died in hospital on 27th January 2018 as a result of unforeseen complications following a successful operation.

I did not know David in the Royal Air Force but as a friend and colleague while working for Boeing Flight Services in Crawley.

He was well liked and will be sorely missed.

His funeral will be in Horsham, West Sussex on 27th February.

Barksdale Boy
12th Feb 2018, 23:17
Desperately sad news. He and Nancy were a charming and, indeed, glittering couple at Waddington in the early 70s. He was, quite simply, the most distinguished and polished AEO I can remember. RIP Dave.

DGAC
14th Feb 2018, 09:21
M Mouse
Please check private messages

t7a
16th Feb 2018, 11:48
Dave was a bit of a rarity - he abandoned the world of wiggly amp manipulation to become a Jaguar pilot. Possibly a unique achievement? Farewell my friend.

M.Mouse
16th Feb 2018, 15:59
A short funeral service for David Norriss will be held at St Mary’s Church, Causeway, Horsham, RH12 1HE on Tuesday 27 February at 1330.

X767
16th Feb 2018, 22:38
Sad to hear of the passing of a fellow 41 Squadron Jaguar member - I fondly remember many happy times with Dave and Nancy - may God be with you in your loss, Nancy.

tlightb
17th Feb 2018, 17:06
It's a long time ago, but we joined the RAF on the same day. I have the photograph here of 204 Course, 1 ITS South Cerney, remember it well. Dave was a good mate, he would give me a lift in his Mini when he went home to Grantham, and I would get the train, and we would reverse the task on return. I knew he had done the conversion to pilot as I saw another 204 man and AEO, Neil Flowerdew, wandering down the street in Bawtry (must have gone over the wire from 1 Group HQ), and he told me Dave had done this. Recently down at Coningsby I saw his name on the board as the boss of 41 Sqn Jags at some point, so I knew he had done well, but he did very well. Good to see, good man, good friend. Sad news, condolences to the family.

newt
17th Feb 2018, 17:50
Lived on the “patch” at Coltishall near to Dave when I was doing my time in Oman! Lovely guy! Fly high and fast old friend. You will be remembered!