PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening with Emerald?

HighandTight
21st Jul 2002, 16:16
Does anyone know how to get a reponse from Emerald regarding F/O positions?

Despite being type-rated on the Shed, I cannot manage an acknowledgement letter for my CV or get anywhere on the phone.

I'd like to try and find out what the prospects are there and if anyone on the inside knows the best way to approach them.

So does someone out there know??;)

P.Pilcher
23rd Jul 2002, 08:16
They are just as uncommunicative with fully type rated and experienced captains.

doubleu-anker
23rd Jul 2002, 09:30
Yes, once again we are made aware there is a surplus of pilots, by some of these companies.

my view is, if they cannot extend the common courtesy of a reply to an application, then they are probably not worth working for.

Even the standand "5 line reply" is much better than nothing.

Dumb insolance i think it's called in the military.

HighandTight
23rd Jul 2002, 13:18
The usual excuse for not acknowledging letters is that they (or a similar airline) is 'a small company without the resources to send out replies to the constant large volume of enquiries'

One day, I'd love to know just how many CV's from qualified pilots they really receive, not including those from spotty sixteen year olds.

Still, there is a surplus of pilots so if anyone on the inside knows anything, or what its like to work for them, let me know.

dada
24th Jul 2002, 04:14
crap.

you're better off addressing envelopes from home.

Cup B
24th Jul 2002, 13:58
I have absolutely no clue.

I applied for a job twice (met their requirements) and called several times with no luck to get through.

I don't know, working for such a company that doesn't even have the courtesy to admit that they had advertised without having an opening?

cruiseczechs
31st Jul 2002, 14:32
I guess Simon Rawcliffe is the best person to contact ref jobs on the shed, he's the flt ops director. You can see his piccy on the company website emerald-airways.co.uk, he seems to be doing all the hiring and firing right now.
I wouldn't bother trying to coldcall as you're unlikely to get past the switchboard operator anyway.
What are they like to work for ?
Well they're not that bad if you can fly manually ,be up all night and accept the Emerald ethosthat they only spend any money when they really have to.

canberra
26th Aug 2002, 12:39
it does say on their website that they dont reply to cvs. personally i wouldnt touch the company with a 10 foot pole!