PDA

View Full Version : EC225

Helic
11th Feb 2018, 19:05
Hey guys,

Quick question - does the EC225 have an intermediate power rating available? If I am not mistaken it's just 5min takeoff power & MCP but would like to confirm. Thank you!

birmingham
12th Feb 2018, 13:07
Hey guys,

Quick question - does the EC225 have an intermediate power rating available? If I am not mistaken it's just 5min takeoff power & MCP but would like to confirm. Thank you!

Only on the OEI settings which I don't think is what you are getting at.

Capt. Phuong
12th Feb 2018, 21:06
Hi.
I think It has the margin bigger power on the take off time until the speed reach V1 then the Margin power back to normal. So the reason when A\c reach V1, we need reduce power, other ways, the HUM will record exceed.

HeliComparator
12th Feb 2018, 22:49
Hey guys,

It's slightly complicated because there is a takeoff rating, a rating when the airspeed increases above 45kts - 60kts*, and a continuous rating for >5 minutes at low speed. But of course the aircraft calculates the limit and displays it on the FLI so you don't have to worry to much about it. And also a 110% transient of course.

* sliding scale from 100% at 45kts to 82.7% at 60 kts and above. Which is daft because the torque meter only reads in increments of 0.5%!

In case anyone is wondering, this is because of the torque distribution between the main rotor and tail rotor. In the hover / at low speed, the tail rotor takes a lot of torque so less is available for the main rotor, but at higher speeds most of the torque goes to the main rotor so it's necessary to reduce the overall torque so that the main rotor isn't over-torqued.

HeliComparator
12th Feb 2018, 22:53
Hi.
I think It has the margin bigger power on the take off time until the speed reach V1 then the Margin power back to normal. So the reason when A\c reach V1, we need reduce power, other ways, the HUM will record exceed.

V1 is 45kts for CAT B but may be something else for CAT A!