PDA

View Full Version : 2018 UK start ups?

aileron
9th Feb 2018, 15:24
As it’s a new year I was wondering if any new airlines were headed our way.

All I could come up with was Odyssey and Firnas Airways. Any news on these two? Any other start ups?

gilesdavies
9th Feb 2018, 16:29
I've just looked at Firnas Airways...

If anyone has some money to burn, they are looking for crowd funding!

So they want to offer something different from the low cost carriers, with the frills, but upset the expensive legacy carriers.

They want to start flights to under-served destinations including South East Asia, North America,Eur-Asia, Midddle East and Africa, but for now will be starting under-served routes in the UK and then move onto Europe.

I wonder if they have a map on the wall and throw darts at it, to ascertain their routes?! :ok:

They are clearly dreaming big with the animations of their livery on an A350, but for the moment will be operating the Jetstream 31!

daz211
9th Feb 2018, 17:15
Don’t forget FlyPop think they are already a year or so behind predicted launch.

Buster the Bear
9th Feb 2018, 17:48
They have a Jetstream 31 in full colours at Hurn.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47285512@N06/26133711838/

pug
9th Feb 2018, 18:06
As if the Jetstream 32 didn't give it away, look who's on the board... Whiff of Linksair anyone?

It'll fizzle out without a spark.

Callum Paterson
9th Feb 2018, 18:34
Makes you wonder why he has started so many airlines...

Jerbourg
10th Feb 2018, 08:15
I can't see Odyssey ever getting going, their website & Facebook page are stagnant with no recent updates , I've even e-mailed them to ask as to their proposed start date & surprise surprise got no reply.

rob39
10th Feb 2018, 13:35
They have a Jetstream 31 in full colours at Hurn.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/47285512@N06/26133711838/

Formerly Links Air G-LINKS

pug
10th Feb 2018, 13:54
...and where is it registered? Must ask the question why.....

Global_Global
10th Feb 2018, 15:25
Firnas makes me laugh... All over the social media.. Goes for an aircraft first without a proper business plan.. Wants to add 20+ differenant aircraft types.. Get me some popcorn please :)

pug
10th Feb 2018, 15:55
They didn’t even check the spelling and grammar, unless they defiantly are going to meet their ultimate goal.

Seems very dodgy to me.

DB6
10th Feb 2018, 16:29
Thistle Airways - the new Scottish Airline?
Might be interesting given the recent empirical evidence that it is not really a market that can sustain competition.
Not holding my breath....

Husky One
10th Feb 2018, 17:31
Irelair :
https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/11146070-irelair-ltd
Also available on Facebook. Does not appear to have any professionals behind it.

ajdm
10th Feb 2018, 21:38
Not strictly UK, but Air Alderney were granted their first first route licences last week - pax & freight between ACI & JER, and freight only between ACI & GCI.

78Whiskey
10th Feb 2018, 22:17
As far as I know there is an ex REA/STK head involved.

El Bunto
11th Feb 2018, 09:43
...and where is it registered? Must ask the question why.....

And why registered to an individual, Mr Ibbotson himself, rather than a company...

rob39
11th Feb 2018, 11:43
Registered in Guernsey

2-LCXO Jetstream 3102 772 Jonathan Ibbotson 19 May 2017 G-LNKS

LGS6753
11th Feb 2018, 12:18
Irelair :
https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/c...70-irelair-ltd
Also available on Facebook. Does not appear to have any professionals behind it.

From their record:
Service activities incidental to air transportation (52230)

...so maybe not an airline.

flying phil 2007
11th Feb 2018, 18:27
Odyssey is a strange one..

Bombardier still lists them as having 10 C Series on order.. but company website not updated for ages.. supposed to be flying out of London City by now,,

Companies House in the UK still shows them as an active company.. and the money came from crowd funding apparently.. oh well another start up down the plughole..

Cautious Optimist
11th Feb 2018, 18:37
Firnas looks like a school project that somehow made it one step further. Apparently Air Alderney will use a Dutch AOC so debatable as to whether or not they're a UK start-up? There's also that Waves based in the Channel Islands but they might be more a GA operator? I'm also aware of one more but it may have fallen through due to politics

The Hypnoboon
12th Feb 2018, 06:56
There's also Orbital Aviation, a spin off of Orbital Access.
They plan on a range of destinations from Prestwick.

Aviation ? ORBITAL ACCESS (http://www.orbital-access.com/aviation/)

TimmyW
12th Feb 2018, 10:45
The crash landed Links J31 is still next to the runway at DSA.

Donkeygone
13th Feb 2018, 18:58
Registered in Guernsey

2-LCXO Jetstream 3102 772 Jonathan Ibbotson 19 May 2017 G-LNKS

Which happens to be one of the clapped out Jetstreams which flew the Cardiff Anglesey route until Links Air lost its AOC

UKflyer2018
16th Feb 2018, 11:24
Have a look at Atmosphere Airlines UK if anyone fancies a laugh.

https://atmosphereairlinesuk.com/

LGS6753
16th Feb 2018, 13:32
Chairman's relevant experience seems to be sitting in someone else's aeroplanes.
Priceless!

DaveReidUK
16th Feb 2018, 15:29
The CEO's CV is even more hilarious:

I am a well Organised Person that works well in a Team and also on my Own when Required to, My Objective is to Build a Successful Major Leading Airline/Travel Group that will be The Biggest and Safest Most Secure Airline In the World, With a Very High Level of Customer Service Staff and Security Marshals, Reassuring Our Customers with Fully Trained Security Dogs On Board Aircraft and At Check In and Boarding!

Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines Uk Will Aim to be Safest and Eventually Be The Worlds Biggest Airline that will Cater for Everyone, from Economy to Business Class Travellers, Rich and Famous Poor and Disadvantaged, Royals and Governments, and Sporting and Army Groups.

It Will be the most Safest Secure Airline Worldwide, with High Levels of Customer Service and Security to Open Up the Tourism Industry In The United Kingdom, Thailand, Philippines and Bangladesh, and Many Popular Worldwide Destinations.

It will Create Jobs In The Uk, East Anglia and Essex, Thailand, Bangkok, and Phuket, Bangladesh, The Capital City Dhaka Philippines, Manila. I will be Producing a Survey to gain Feedback as to What Passengers Require from an Exciting New Airline Group, We will be looking for Staff Members with lots of Suitable Experience, Anybody Interested In Being Involved Get In Touch with Myself, To be Considered

Bless.

PAXboy
16th Feb 2018, 15:57
That spluge of poo could have been spoken by Trump! :} I would neither join, nor travel with, a company whose CEO cannot write a couple of paragraphs of joined up English. Further, exclamation marks are not part of a CV or promotion. Certainly not one that I would believe.

I'd suggest that 2018 may see closures rather than startups. Startups tend to be generated in the 'good years' but, often, by the time they are launched - it is 'bad years'. Eos and the like are examples of the last cycle.

Cautious Optimist
16th Feb 2018, 16:51
I'd suggest that 2018 my see closures rather than startups.
The CAA for purposes of repatriation flights must keep an eye on the health of airlines and Flybe went to the top of their list after Monarch.

Can't find it now but someone dropped the famous "If you want to make a small fortune in aviation, start with a big one" line, I think Desmond Norman said it better:

"You can make fortunes out of aviation -I am proof, having made three. You can also lose fortunes out of aviation. I have lost four."

DaveReidUK
16th Feb 2018, 18:09
Still, fundraising is going well. They have already raised £2,000 towards their £500,000,000 target.

https://www.gofundme.com/atmosphereairlinesuk

El Bunto
16th Feb 2018, 18:20
Dammit they're £2,000 ahead of my planned airline! Though I think I might have a more rational fleet plan than 737, A320NEO, 777 and 787.

I was going to discount it as a school project but they've registered a company which seems a lot of annual hassle. 10841994 at Companies House.

Maybe it's some form of performance art.

AerRyan
17th Feb 2018, 01:29
That's truly embarrassing, who in their right mind would fund them? The 'CEO' (pfft) can't even form coherent sentences.

I shudder at the thought of it.

DaveReidUK
17th Feb 2018, 06:57
Or, come to that, fly for them?

We are accepting applications of Captains and First Officers experienced or training on the following aircraft types, B787 B777 B767 B757 B737 A380 A350 A330 A320https://atmosphereairlinesuk.com/careers

Interesting bit of fleet planning.

TartinTon
17th Feb 2018, 19:48
I love the fact that his dad is the chairman and he's travelled a bit, his mum is one of 2 MDs, one of his mates who he did cabin crew training with is head of cabin crew and is a "security expert" (CAA will love that) his wife is apparently the 2nd MD and they did have some Eastern European guy who looked like he had some real experience as COO but that now has been removed so I can only assume they lifted a photo and resume from someone legit who has now threatened legal action if they don't remove him (purely my assumption). As for the CEO...it looks like he's checked in all sorts of airlines prior to completing his cabin crew training. Still, it looks like he's as qualified as the guy who's heading up Firnas...give me strength....

Oh and the London city address phone number is a Thailand phone number.

Callum Paterson
17th Feb 2018, 23:41
The Hypnoboon

Prestwick to Cardiff? Flying from one airport in the middle of nowhere with zero demand to another. Either substance abuse is taking place or this is yet another student project. Either way, it won't happen.