PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly losing pilots

ksummers
9th Feb 2018, 07:57
Look out for this company as they've had several pilots who have not been paid perdiems on time, some of them have waited months. And anyone who is thinking of applying for a job make sure you get a written contract, as most don’t. 7 pilots have left or been sacked in just over a year. You have been warned !

sascha410
10th Feb 2018, 07:56
This was rather mild way of putting it.
From my point of view and in my humble opinion Dragon Fly was second to worst place that I worked for in my entire life. The worst one was on Balkans. I simply do not understand how they can operate as they operate and how they can treat their employee as they do in the UK, in the EU?! There will be pages of material to write about irregularities and especially about working climate in the company but it is rather inconvenient to do this on phone...
You have been warned!

ksummers
11th Feb 2018, 19:02
Yeah I have to say this was the worst company I’ve worked for, shame as it could be nice but for the nasty managers. The old saying Penny Wise Pound Foolish comes to mind.

Daifly
12th Feb 2018, 17:15
Did they win the EZY contract again?

ksummers
12th Feb 2018, 21:49
They have major problems recruiting pilots with the bad name that the company has. The owners operate the company like a novel of Charles Dickens, it’s that bad. Pilots being owed money for months running into thousands. The wife of the owner seems to take great delight in annoying the pilots withholding monies owed. I’m amazed the CAA don’t take some action against the managers.

CatchThePigeon
13th Feb 2018, 09:14
Dragon Fly as in Cardiff airport? Do they still have the same "chief pilot" as they did a year or two ago?

Ivor1off
13th Feb 2018, 13:17
Ha Ha, Dragon who? They are a Joke.This company is another Example of a little Fish In the Big Fish pond, Another useless Charter company pretending to be an Airline. The King- Airs they Operate are Old and antiquated.

To Any future would be pilots, My mind would say Do not go there,as Previous comments suggested, they will steal your Money, They will not pay you what you are owed,Then They will give you a bad reference and threaten you with legal action for wanting to better yourself and progress up the aviation ladder. The Owners Wife, is a control Freak. She,s like the Smiling assassin. I cannot stress enough how bad this company is to its pilots,So unless you like being over a barrel and them showing you the raggedy end of a pineapple, them avoid them like the plague.

Right Hand Thread
18th Feb 2018, 16:16
C'mon Ivor, don't beat about the bush.

Tell us what you really think. :)

eyeinthesky
4th Mar 2018, 08:15
It's always a bit sad, I feel, when a previous employee of a company who was dismissed under a large black cloud feels the need to start a thread on a public forum some months later to rubbish that company.
I would imagine the impact upon his future employability might be somewhat negative if prospective employers knew what he is liable to do to their name.

EatMyShorts!
4th Mar 2018, 08:31
One former employee??? Several have been warning us here. Where there's smoke...

hobbit1983
4th Mar 2018, 20:34
PPRUNE isn't the only place you hear rumours.