PDA

View Full Version : Effecting change at The CAA through BALPA

Superpilot
9th Feb 2018, 07:56
...with regards to Flight Crew Licensing charges/fees and procedures. Has this ever been done? Can it be done?

I ask after experiencing being ripped off twice in 2 months for license verification and going through an incredibly backwards process. Why is a letter about MY license not allowed to be sent to me direct so I can use it as I wish? :ugh:

JB007
9th Feb 2018, 15:57
Since EASA, I understand the UK branch is now somewhat skeleton staffed - 6 FOI’s for the entire UK airlines?!?

I’ve also just been on the receiving end of shocking customer service from FCL, albeit non of it at my expense but had to wait nearly a month for a rating to be added to my licence...

I understand for an extra cost (£100!) you can arrange for a 1 day service at the next available window - I recommend those submitting ratings to do exactly that!

NutLoose
9th Feb 2018, 17:09
The whole place is the same, not enough staff and a lot of those with no real experience, just look at the GA unit, that started up to look after the whole of the U.K. GA industry with about 6 staff, and that included doing audits of companies, though staffing has improved since...
My engineering licences were sent in a month before due but there was nothing to say on the web etc the turnaround time was much much longer, I only found out when I called them up as it had days until it expired, luckily they managed to rush them through as I would have been stuffed.

And post Brexit and EASA it's just going to get worse as I have read elsewhere we may have to leave EASA.