PDA

View Full Version : Netjets Europe hiring FO's

b1900flyer
8th Feb 2018, 15:12
https://jobsite.netjetseurope.com/servlet/CheckSecurity/JSP/jobsite_g/generico_login.jsp?zStandar=CO&zSociedad=0001#

Globally Challenged
8th Feb 2018, 16:09
Still just €56k per year (same starting salary as 10 years ago)

Needles Crossed
10th Feb 2018, 09:06
Any hints of rotation structure/selection process?

Catans
7th Mar 2018, 09:36
Some answers in this thread:
https://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/605361-netjets-2018-a.html

Professor Plum
21st Mar 2018, 09:31
Does anyone have any info on what UK airports are considered as gateway airports for netjets Europe?

How close do you have to live to the gateway?

Many thanks in advance

EatMyShorts!
21st Mar 2018, 09:59
Live within 60 minutes travelling time to your gateway.
LHR, LGW, LTN, MAN, EDI, BHX (not sure), GOW (not sure). Somebody from the UK will hopefully chime in and correct/amend my information.

Professor Plum
21st Mar 2018, 10:08
Eat my shorts,

Thanks for the info-greatly appreciated.

Do netjets and corporate operators tend to allow you to have a “crash pad” I,e a second house near a gateway that you can use in order to be 60mins away?

Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question. I’m currently in the military, and live in Lincolnshire. Looking to jump ship within the next few years, so I’m very new to the civilian world, with a lot to learn!

It would be handy if I could keep the family in Lincolnshire.

Thanks again.

what next
21st Mar 2018, 11:06
Hello!

It would be handy if I could keep the family in Lincolnshire.

AFAIK they do not care where you actually live as long as you do the proceeding between your assigned/chosen gateway and your home in your off time. Netjets have a fixed roster which makes that very easy. I know at least two pilots from NJ whose family homes are quite far away from their gateway.

That can be totally different with other corporate or bizjet employers, especially when standby duties at your home base (or gateway) are required. In that case you must guarantee to be at the airport within an hour (or 30 minutes with some ambulance flyers I know of) which would require some kind of "crash pad" as you call it. Which of course is usually not cheap so close to major airports and therefore often not possible on an FOs pay...

EatMyShorts!
21st Mar 2018, 13:17
In Netjets we have a fixed roster indeed. In the event of being assigned standby duty "at home", you'll have 45 minutes to leave your house from the time that you have been activated, another 60 minutes to arrive at your gateway airport terminal and another 60 minutes to the ETD of your airline: 2h45min.

If you have some friends/family near your gateway airport, you can possibly use that address. HR have been a bit picky on that in the past, but eased it in recent times. The bottom-line is: if you make your assigned airline, no questions will be asked. And nobody will get a verbal or written warning for missing an airline because of traffic on the road or a delayed train - as long as it does not happen every month.

Professor Plum
21st Mar 2018, 14:06
Guys,

Thank you for all the info.

buzzc152
21st Mar 2018, 16:59
For what it's worth there are quite a few ex mil (and non mil for that matter) guys at NJ who live in the Lincolnshire area. They have used Luton as a gateway for many years with no issues at all.

RAFAT
21st Mar 2018, 17:39
I would suggest that in Lincolnshire, EMA would be a suitable 'Gateway'.

Jetscream 32
21st Mar 2018, 17:51
ProPlum,

You will often be outbound from your gateway via scheduled airline to collect your aircraft for the next rotation period and just hurry up and wait and hop around Europe / MEA - depending on what type you get streamed for... bottom line is its all good fun and choose LTN or LHR and find a mate locally till you get the gig in order and your happy with it.

When you get there say hello to Millsy the tart from Kent for me :)

trancada
21st Mar 2018, 17:59
How pilots are chosen for each type? Always start on Phenoom 300 then progress to the larger ones?

How long for commander upgrade?

binzer
21st Mar 2018, 20:09
What does "gateway" mean? There is no legal term. It was invented by NJ. The legal term is "homebase" which means an airport. NJ like to use London as a "gateway." So depart LHR and step off the aircraft 6 days later at Biggin Hill? That's your problem! Just saying.

Kelly

What are you "just saying"

London is not a gateway, the nominated airports around London are gateways. Netjets will get you back to your gateway irrespective of where you finish.

If you don't know what "gateway" means with reference to Netjets you're not really well informed to give advice on this thread.

Just saying

EatMyShorts!
21st Mar 2018, 20:29
@Kelly Hopper: indeed you don't seem to be well informed. As a crew member you choose your gateway (homebase) in the London area: LHR, LGW or LTN. When you happen to finish your tour in the London area anywhere else but your designated gateway airport, then you'll receive ground transport to get you to your starting point.

Globally Challenged
22nd Mar 2018, 08:08
What does "gateway" mean? There is no legal term. It was invented by NJ. The legal term is "homebase" which means an airport. NJ like to use London as a "gateway." So depart LHR and step off the aircraft 6 days later at Biggin Hill? That's your problem! Just saying.

Disregard the above - it is nonsense

733driver
22nd Mar 2018, 08:57
How pilots are chosen for each type? Always start on Phenoom 300 then progress to the larger ones?

How long for commander upgrade?

Difficult to answer. Generally speaking it looks like new joiners would be assigned one of the least attractive types (Phenom, XLS). In the past this was not always true but I understand that this is the intention now. It's also how NJA in America do it. There career progression including fleet changes is by seniority. It looks like it's going that way at NJE, too.

Same for upgrades. Seniority based. No significant demand for new captains in the foreseeable future. Both NJA and NJE have plenty of 10+year FOs. At NJE there will be 200+ FOs in front of you for an upgrade

There is also no significant salary progression except for inflation correction.

Expect to still be an FO 10+ years after joining. Possibly on a Latitude by that time instead of on the XLS or Phenom that you would be likely to join today.

this is my username
25th Apr 2018, 13:26
I had a PFO from Netjets along with an offer of feedback - anyone else had that and taken them up on it?

Dan_Brown
26th Apr 2018, 09:14
Not very secure job wise, with fractionals.

This lot got the axe out with obsene hast and fired a lot of people, a few years ago. Flexjet Europe dont have a very good record in that department either.

EatMyShorts!
26th Apr 2018, 10:35
Netjets (USA) did not fire a lot of people, they got furloughed and all have been called back in recent years.

You cannot compare Flexjet Europe with Netjets Europe. Are they even operating?

Cheers from a 14+ year employee at NJE. I am so scared, the job is so insecure.

CL300
26th Apr 2018, 10:56
@DAN, if you think Frax are insecure try GA operators..

Reverserbucket
26th Apr 2018, 13:33
NJE ran some form of sponsorship scheme about ten years ago and I know that many of the cadets were not taken on at the time in flying roles. I had a discussion with NJE HR that until even recently not all had been absorbed and I'm curious if I missed something in translation, meaning that either some had gone elsewhere or that there were still cadet's waiting for placements?

Lionel Lion
26th Apr 2018, 14:32
I was there in 2009 when the doodah hit the fan. Although it was a difficult time, the company did treat us all well, there were many options open to leave/stay etc. Many of us left and I can't comment on conditions now but I can at least say we were treated very fairly by NJE and BH. Nobody was given an ultimatum (besides some management I'm sure!)

I enjoyed my time there but aviation is a cruel mistress....

OTA Warrior
26th Apr 2018, 15:35
"Nobody was given an ultimatum"??? Apart from over 100 crew made "voluntarily" redundant - many despite having taken significant pay cuts to help out, I guess you're right.....:(

Lionel Lion
26th Apr 2018, 15:47
OTA - not in 2009, I think things changed in 2012 ish though which I think is what you're referring to?

CL300
26th Apr 2018, 16:03
Not an ultimatum ? Seniority list top to bottom: you leave with this amount or you leave with this amount.. sign below before that date ...

EatMyShorts!
26th Apr 2018, 21:30
Still better than "no amount"...

The Netjets cadet scheme produced a number of ab-initio pilots. Due to the economic situation and some f****ups only a few made it into Netjets and are still with us. The others were later offered a full lump sum to help them pay off a big part of their training mortgage/debt, in return for leaving the Netjets contract. I know one of them, he's now a captain on a very nice business jet in his hometown, hopefully still with very nice contractual conditions etc.

CL300
27th Apr 2018, 07:17
Well, when you have no choice but to leave anyway from the top of the seniority list, you take whatever you are given. you quote people whom found a job, there was a lot whom did not..

EatMyShorts!
27th Apr 2018, 08:06
P, I am fully aware that the actions of 2012 were a disgrace, but these times are behind us, we are signing our new CBA today.

Your should have been invited for the last round of hiring a few weeks ago, haven't you applied?

Dan_Brown
27th Apr 2018, 08:18
Let me get this straight. Had the skids put under you in'12, supposed to hang around or drop what you are doing now and reapply? How delusional.

CL300
27th Apr 2018, 09:10
Well I did reapply, but since they subcontracted this to a third party, i am not sure about the criteria of choice. These are the communications :

This from the ivory tower:

Dear Candidate,

We acknowledge your application for the First Officer position at NetJets Europe and sincerely appreciate your interest in our company.
We are now starting the selection process. We have engaged a third party, KURA Aviation, to support us throughout this process. You will be given feedback on your application by KURA within the next month.
If you have any concerns or questions please let us know. If you object to us sharing your data with KURA Aviation or to KURA Aviation being involved in the process, please let us know by 23.59h Lisbon time on Wednesday 28 March 2018. Otherwise we will assume that you do not object to your details being shared with KURA Aviation and we will share your details with them.
Best wishes for success!

Kind regards,

Answer form the contractor:

Thank you for your interest in the role of First Officer with Netjets.
The response to the opportunity has been overwhelming and the standard of all the applications received extremely high.
Having now had an opportunity to carefully review your application however I regret to inform you that we are unable to take your interest forward on this occasion.
We appreciate that flying with Netjets is an amazing opportunity and the outcome of your application will be a disappointment to you. We are, however, happy to provide feedback if you wish. If you would like to avail yourself of this offer, please call on +44 (0) 1789 XXX XXX.

Meantime thank you for your interest once again.
Kind regards

I believe that this is a tick in the box , business as usual..

I called three times for the debriefing, and finally I have a slot for the 7th May...

CL300
27th Apr 2018, 09:16
P, I am fully aware that the actions of 2012 were a disgrace, but these times are behind us, we are signing our new CBA today.

Your should have been invited for the last round of hiring a few weeks ago, haven't you applied?

These times are behind for the ones whom stayed, for the others it is still there, they fired people on long term disability leave, with no licence, no loss of licence insurance, no insurance whatsoever, people whom six years later are still paying the bill...

six-sixty
27th Apr 2018, 10:29
I had a PFO from Netjets along with an offer of feedback - anyone else had that and taken them up on it?

Me too. Booked my slot for early next week with interest. Gutted really, as NJ was my original target when I got into commercial aviation >12y ago but before I had the hours to apply! With 000's of hours of European operations airline command time and and a succesfull business career before that, I know I'm not gods gift to aviation but I thought I at least ticked all their boxes enough to get myself a chance to sell myself in person. Hopefully it's because they were inundated with applications from biz jet guys/gals already rated on their types. From talking to other ex-corporate pilots, the lifestyle at NJ seems pretty much up there in terms of work/life balance in this sector.

CL300
9th May 2018, 10:05
Ok guys, just got the debriefing from Kura.
Very nice people, although they are clueless about the specifics of business aviation, example, one of the reason my CV did not pass the cut was because I did not have a MCC certificate.... I have an ATPL since 1993...MPO operations on CS25 aircraft on my license with thousands of hours, but no MCC certificate....
Second, my english level is only 5 on my license although my certificate is level 6 ( french politics)....
and too many hours for applying for a first officer position
and that was it !

So Netjets played it very well with this provider, asking them criterion that would not be accessible to former captains ( at my time you would need 3500 hours to join the company)

Fly safe everyone !

dan1165
9th May 2018, 10:10
A complete joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan_Brown
9th May 2018, 19:31
Seems things have improved in one aspect, as a few of you were given the exceptional honour of a response to your application. Whoopee.

Dusty_B
16th May 2018, 09:48
Interesting to learn of the PFOs. I’ve only recieved the initial ‘we love you for applying and promise feedback’ automated response. Twice. Still waiting for the return love!

Journey Man
6th Jun 2018, 22:51
Rumour has it that NetJets are quite busy at the moment. I've seen some base training on the Falcon 2000; does anyone know if there is any command recruitment ongoing, and if so what the potential opportunities would be like for rated Falcon 2000 commanders?

redsnail
6th Jun 2018, 23:01
Unfortunately NetJets Europe doesn't hire DEC pilots. There are occasionally office opportunities.

EatMyShorts!
7th Jun 2018, 07:41
....and the rating is not relevant for being selected as future employee.

Journey Man
7th Jun 2018, 09:22
Good to hear about the rating - it is reassuring that a company is willing to hire the right person, not the rating.

Journey Man
7th Jun 2018, 09:24
No DEC? Surely demand dictates that policy?

OvertHawk
7th Jun 2018, 10:14
No DEC? Surely demand dictates that policy?

Yes it will, but when you've got a huge number of Senior First Officers with 10 years+ service just waiting for the opportunity for a command and ready to go in virtually every respect then demand for DEC is likely to be limited!

OH

EatMyShorts!
7th Jun 2018, 11:54
Even in the great years (2004-2008) nobody (to my knowledge) was hired as DEC. Everyone had to start as an F/O, but some did one or two tours as F/Os only before being sent to their upgrade courses. Normally it was a couple of months before that happened. Good old days...

CL300
7th Jun 2018, 13:37
correct, everyone through the right seat first, and indeed 2 to 3 months to the left seat

buzzc152
8th Jun 2018, 08:59
Anyone joining today will have a upgrade time of at least 10 years, unless something dramatic happens.

RAFAT
11th Jun 2018, 02:43
Anyone joining today will have a upgrade time of at least 10 years, unless something dramatic happens.

I'm afraid you're just being daft with that comment!

buzzc152
11th Jun 2018, 20:54
How so ?
Based on the age demographic, number of people leaving, upcoming retirements, number of FOs, current rate of upgrade, I'd say that 10 years is a very reasonable estimate. What's your take on it ? I've been in the company for 11 years and like to think I have a reasonable handle on things though I'm happy to be corrected.

EatMyShorts!
12th Jun 2018, 15:10
I'm afraid you're just being daft with that comment!
Buzzc was spot on with his estimate. Let's hope that the fleet will grow significantly in the foreseeable future and conditions will improve.

Marlon Brando
16th Jun 2018, 11:50
Why such a difference between Netjets Europe and Netjets USA salary ?
according to the figures i found online, US pilots make twice the salary of a Europe Netjets pilot.
and the cost of living in the USA is globaly cheaper than here...

any ideas ?

Joe le Taxi
16th Jun 2018, 12:53
European biz jet pay has fallen behind massively in recent years, both against airline pay, and of course against the US. What's more, EU operators generally require type ratings, (not netjets) so I'm surprised they can find anyone. My impression was that quality has correspondingly dropped, on average.

EatMyShorts!
16th Jun 2018, 23:27
according to the figures i found online, US pilots make twice the salary of a Europe Netjets pilot.and the cost of living in the USA is globaly cheaper than here...Are you sure? The last few times that I have been to the US I have paid a **** load of money for food, transportation etc.. Europe is still cheaper, in many places. Don't limit your view to cities like London, Paris, Munich....they are expensive, no doubt.

In Europe we still have too many pilots out of jobs or in basic/poor jobs who'd do almost anything to join a more organized outfit like Netjets (this is not limited to Netjets, there are other good contracts around!). Look at all the Air Hamburgs, Globeairs and whatever names they have. Many of their employees do not see their future there, that's a fact. Many would even accept a position as F/O and a paycut in order to get their lives back - don't forget that in Netjets you are OFF when you are OFF. No home standby during your off-days, or so.

Stupidbutsaveable
15th Aug 2018, 10:55
Add with Kura Aviation.

Mike Oxbig
16th Aug 2018, 09:00
The company has recently announced the intention to recruit 50 FOs before the busy season starts in May 2019, all for the Phenom 300 or the XL. 3 Indoc courses have been planned for pilots this year but I think the places have already been filled for those courses. I am not sure of the application process - perhaps still through Kura?

EDIT just looked at the Kura website - applications opened 15 Aug. Good luck.

trancada
16th Aug 2018, 12:10
I have been considering as a change to move from Airline Operation- Airbus to Corporate. To make a new challenge.

The working schedule attracts me.

It is à permanent job?
What are the salaries ?

Catans
17th Aug 2018, 10:32
Yes, permanent job, I starting pay is in the mid-50k Euro/year plus per diem, other benefits as in the Kura ad (https://www.kuraaviation.com/netjets/).

Also, fairly accurate information here: Netjets Europe pilot jobs (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Netjets_Europe)

Starting as an FO on the Phenom 300 or Citation XLS.

TugaFly
17th Aug 2018, 11:22
I guess the €56500 are gross, so how much tax would one pay and where?
Whats the monthly take home pay after tax?
Leave?
Kura is asking for a PBN license, what’s one of those? Lol

CL300
17th Aug 2018, 13:55
PBN endorsment is type specific, therefore this requirement is useless. Another KURA BS...

EatMyShorts!
17th Aug 2018, 16:31
You need to have a PBN-endorsement on your current type, that's the main thing.

The starting salary will be above the one mentioned here and after 2 years you'll get even more. PPJN does not reflect the new figures from our CBA yet.

Arthur1815
18th Aug 2018, 11:10

The starting salary will be above the one mentioned here and after 2 years you'll get even more. PPJN does not reflect the new figures from our CBA yet.

Mostly correct, a PBN/IR endorsement will do nicely. However, there may be suitable candidates who do not yet have a PBN endorsement. For example, if your previous type was not approved and your operator has derogation until 2020. All NetJets types are approved for PBN ops so as of 25 August all crew members must have a PBN endorsement.

The link provided in the add is good to obtain proof of theoretical knowledge training. The rest you would get during an Initial.

Suggest asking Kura to clarify if uncertain. This requirement should not be an issue for suitable candidates. It looks like an attempt to solve a regulatory task early in the process if you are not already PBN/IR endorsed.

it is certainly not BS so give CL 300 a good stiff ignoring to.

If applying, good luck. Looking forward to seeing new faces on the line.

Moonwalker
18th Aug 2018, 17:01

What is the new starting salary? I was told 56000 EUR starting salary and after 2 years it would go up to 64000 EUR.

TugaFly
19th Aug 2018, 13:05
Are the taxes paid in Portugal or somewhere else? What’s the monthly take home after tax?

CL300
19th Aug 2018, 14:14
It is BS, since like said above, this is part of your initial type rating from the 25th of August, since you renew your IR as well.
I have IR-PBN on my previous type, but not on the new one, since the simulator was not approved for PBN checking, and, to date there is no exemption yet approved to do this in the plane ( it will come, but not yet.) As a consequence ( not at NJE) you may fly a plane certified to do RNP 0.3 and LPV's; but your simulator not, and stuck there into RNAV 5 and RNAV1.

EatMyShorts!
19th Aug 2018, 16:56
First Officer (FO): EUR 58,500 - until the completion of 24 months of
employment, EUR 66,300 onwards
Tax at source paid in Portugal, however national taxes on top this may apply, depending on your country of residence. In the UK you pay regular taxes and NI.

papazulu
19th Aug 2018, 17:54
First Officer (FO): EUR 58,500 - until the completion of 24 months of
employment, EUR 66,300 onwards

Is that all-in or are there any more bits floating around?

PZ :confused:

TugaFly
19th Aug 2018, 19:57
Tax at source paid in Portugal, however national taxes on top this may apply, depending on your country of residence. In the UK you pay regular taxes and NI.

How much is the tax at source (percentage)?

Are the per diems tax free?

Thanks for your helpful info EMS

EatMyShorts!
19th Aug 2018, 21:14
Usually tax at source is 25%, I was under the impression this was the same everywhere. Per diems are tax free in some countries.

To be clear: if you are interested in an easy job and a quick upgrade then you'll be wrong here. 3 to 4 flights on many of your duty-days throughout the year, quite a few years on the right side. No overtaking career-wise, we are going back to 100% seniority. Some more changes coming up in the next 12 months, I'd say.

oz_faf81
20th Aug 2018, 05:46
Are the per diem still only 70 EUR ?

EatMyShorts!
20th Aug 2018, 10:27
Yes, as per PPJN.

buzzc152
20th Aug 2018, 12:49
Is that all-in or are there any more bits floating around?

PZ :confused:

Crew profit share is currently being restructured so not really sure what it will look like in years to come but you could probably expect €4000-6000 annual bonus. Other extras included loss of license/disability insurance, health insurance. Per diems are tax free expect for U.K crews where it is taxed (I think) at 5%.
There is also a rumour going around that they are looking at ways of offering empty ferry legs for family use though I can't personally see how that could ever work in any practical sense.

Overall, as an FO after a few years at the company you would expect the cash element to be around €75-80k and benefits in kind worth £5k plus.

The other big benefits are top notch training, huge ops support from HQ in Lisbon and a great bunch of folks to work and play with.

Bon chance.

Piloto Maluco
20th Aug 2018, 14:03
I'd love to fly for Netjets... but the 1500h total is too much for me...
I don't understand why a guy that have 1500h of SE like a C152 will be better than a guy that is just fresh from ATO...

trancada
20th Aug 2018, 22:01
Usually tax at source is 25%, I was under the impression this was the same everywhere. Per diems are tax free in some countries.

To be clear: if you are interested in an easy job and a quick upgrade then you'll be wrong here. 3 to 4 flights on many of your duty-days throughout the year, quite a few years on the right side. No overtaking career-wise, we are going back to 100% seniority. Some more changes coming up in the next 12 months, I'd say.

In Portugal you receive 14 salaries per year.

55600(gross)/14 month=€ 3972-25%= 2979€+1260€(per diems approximately)=€4239 per month;
2 years after
66300/14=4735-25%=3552+1260=€4812

According to some comments,if you work one extra-day the company pays €450 more.

Correct?

trancada
20th Aug 2018, 22:03

What are the rumors , for these changes?

TugaFly
21st Aug 2018, 08:53
I thought that taxes in Portugal were 45% for annual salaries between 40,522 - 80,640?

I understand the job is 6 on / 5 off, is there any leave days on top of that?

Thanks

Miserable Old Git
21st Aug 2018, 11:45
Tax is a personal responsibility, but as an EU resident (not going to say where), I pay my tax in Portugal at the non-resident rate = 25%
if you are resident in the UK, you pay your tax there. If you are resident in Portugal, you pay tax at the resident rate.

Many answers to your questions are here:https://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/612431-netjets-europe-conditions.html, but as I said, tax is a personal issue and you should take professional advice as I only know these three cases.

MOG

TugaFly
21st Aug 2018, 12:17
Tax is a personal responsibility, but as an EU resident (not going to say where), I pay my tax in Portugal at the non-resident rate = 25%
if you are resident in the UK, you pay your tax there. If you are resident in Portugal, you pay tax at the resident rate.

Many answers to your questions are here:https://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/612431-netjets-europe-conditions.html, but as I said, tax is a personal issue and you should take professional advice as I only know these three cases.

MOG

Thanks for the info MOG,

i was quite sure that the Portuguese tax rate for non habitual residents was 20% flat rate.

From what you said am I right to think that Netjets will pay you a gross salary and you will pay your taxes?

Thanks

buzzc152
21st Aug 2018, 13:27
Thanks for the info MOG,

i was quite sure that the Portuguese tax rate for non habitual residents was 20% flat rate.

From what you said am I right to think that Netjets will pay you a gross salary and you will pay your taxes?

Thanks

No. Netjets HR will pay you your nett salary and pay the taxes where
appropriate. However, any additional taxation in YOUR country of residence might be your responsibility.

EatMyShorts!
21st Aug 2018, 17:09
There used to be a reduced tax at source of 20%, but that went back up to 25% during the financial crisis. There are no signs that it is going to come down again.

In addition there are a few countries in Europe where residents will be taxed at their national rate, minus the tax paid at source in PT. Social security will be paid in the country of your residence - so your net pay will depend on the country you live in. As buzzc mentioned, Netjets will wire the net pay to your account, 12 times a year.

@trancada: I cannot comment on the rumours of possible changes, I hope you understand. The only "positive" thing that can mentioned is that we are losing more pilots than expected and there are less pilots that would like to work for us (under the current conditions) than we thought. You'll have to think for yourself what the outcome might be, right?

Let me be clear to all candidates: you won't get rich at Netjets, you won't be a captain quickly - those days are long gone. The pay is okay and the vast majority of crew members are here, because the enjoy the stable roster of 6/5 or 7/6 (longhaul fleet), the professional training and cockpit work (no cowboy-nonsense) and the camaraderie. If you are looking for a fast career and the big bucks, then NJE won't be your place to go to! If you don't mind becoming a F/O on a Phenom 300 or Citation XLS for the next 5 to 10 years, if you accept a moderate paycheck of 58,5k and later 66.3k EUR, if you enjoy hanging out with fellow crew members for 6 or 7 days in a row, if you don't mind flying 3 or 4 legs a day during most months of the year: yes, then NJE will be for you.

papazulu
21st Aug 2018, 20:11
Crew profit share is currently being restructured so not really sure what it will look like in years to come but you could probably expect €4000-6000 annual bonus. Other extras included loss of license/disability insurance, health insurance. Per diems are tax free expect for U.K crews where it is taxed (I think) at 5%.
There is also a rumour going around that they are looking at ways of offering empty ferry legs for family use though I can't personally see how that could ever work in any practical sense.

Overall, as an FO after a few years at the company you would expect the cash element to be around €75-80k and benefits in kind worth £5k plus.

The other big benefits are top notch training, huge ops support from HQ in Lisbon and a great bunch of folks to work and play with.

Bon chance.

That's pretty exhaustive re. salary terms, thanks for your efforts.

5-6 years back I would have sold my mum to the devil in order to join NJE. I ended up instead selling my soul at an even cheaper price! Now on an aircraft that I hate (320), doing a frustrating + shambolic job (LOW LoCo!!!) for a ridiculous salary (which starts just now to show signs of improvement). Oh...there are also some bad news: I live in a fantastic country, truly blessed wx-wise, work with a great bunch of guys and gals and have some decent travel perks. :}

What puts me off is the long way to LHS and the ups and downs of the fractional/corporate market. The 320 is a sort of "life insurance" job-wise and command could be just 2 years away or so. No longer a spring chicken, I might be shooting myself in the foot or worse by making the wrong call at the right time...

Happy landings

PZ :)

Journey Man
22nd Aug 2018, 02:39
Just out of curiosity, what do current NJ folk make of seniority?

It seems odd to me in an industry that has moved to competency-based performance.

EatMyShorts!
22nd Aug 2018, 08:39
As mentioned before, we are now moving back to pure seniority, the only objective way to build a career without too much cheating the system.

Tesh84
22nd Aug 2018, 10:21
Good morning folks,
has anybody received any invitation for stage 1 yet?
Cheers

TugaFly
22nd Aug 2018, 11:34
Good morning folks,
has anybody received any invitation for stage 1 yet?
Cheers

Tesh84, according to Kura's website "You will be advised no later than 28th August".

Application window closes on the 27th August, so they might wait for all the applications to be in and then start inviting people.On the same note does anyone know what a "crew capacity" test is?

Journey Man
22nd Aug 2018, 17:22
As mentioned before, we are now moving back to pure seniority, the only objective way to build a career without too much cheating the system.

it seems odd when we, as an industry are embracing competency. I disagree with your assumption, but glad it works for you. All the best, JM.

Flyer_123
22nd Aug 2018, 18:38
Hi, I am also interested in this crew capacity test...is it similar to any of the PAT tests that can be found online? Anyone has any experience with Kura selection in the past?

EatMyShorts!
22nd Aug 2018, 20:06
it seems odd when we, as an industry are embracing competency. I disagree with your assumption, but glad it works for you.Why would a performance-based career system be fairer than a seniority-based system? How do you make sure that "more liked" people would get an unfair advantage? We have had lots of discussions about these and many other points and the conclusion was always the same: you'll get your chance to upgrade by order of seniority, you'll get your preferred fleet by order of seniority. You can still mess up those tests and training courses and not make it - it is all about getting your turn on this. And then it is seniority that is the only transparent means. There's not much to discuss about this, it is very simple.

Tesh84
28th Aug 2018, 11:26
Good day folks,
anybody who attended the first stage of the recruitment process? will appreciate any feedback specially the "crew capacity test".
Thanks in advance

ALPHA 69
1st Sep 2018, 07:52
Hi,

Is there anyone who has gone recently to the Netjets assestement with Kura that can share his experience? , That would be highly appreciated.

TugaFly
2nd Sep 2018, 10:34
Anyone been through the assessment day that can share some info.

thanks

Valerio1
2nd Sep 2018, 20:43
Anyone been through the assessment day that can share some info.

thanks

yes... i will be at KURA aviation tomorrow for NETJET crewtest and panel test ( :confused: )

Just arrived today in Stratford

I can give you some informations maybe tomorrow night...

Good day folks,
anybody who attended the first stage of the recruitment process? will appreciate any feedback specially the "crew capacity test".
Thanks in advance

tomorrow...

Application window closes on the 27th August, so they might wait for all the applications to be in and then start inviting people.

I was advise the 20th of august... 2 days after the alplication.

ALPHA 69
3rd Sep 2018, 20:57
Hi Valerio, can you share a bit about your experience. How was it?

TheHack
5th Sep 2018, 19:58
yes... i will be at KURA aviation tomorrow for NETJET crewtest and panel test ( :confused: )

Just arrived today in Stratford

I can give you some informations maybe tomorrow night...

I was advise the 20th of august... 2 days after the alplication.

How was it?
Any news about the selection process?

Mike Oxbig
12th Sep 2018, 18:09
Valerio1 - any news? Or are you too busy doing the sim test? :O

EatMyShorts!
13th Sep 2018, 10:18
Well, in the first place Valerio1 should have known the correct name of the company. It is not "NETJET", but "NetJets" or "NETJETS". But, yeah, these are just details that the company does not take too serious. Or does it? ;)

Klimax
13th Sep 2018, 22:12
Well, in the first place Valerio1 should have known the correct name of the company. It is not "NETJET", but "NetJets" or "NETJETS". But, yeah, these are just details that the company does not take too serious. Or does it? ;)

W@nker springs to mind.

EatMyShorts!
14th Sep 2018, 13:02
In what sense? Would you apply for British Airways and send them a letter, explaining that your dream has always been to work for "British Airway", without even checking on their website about correct spelling etc.? Guys, we are looking for quality, not quantity. If you can't be bothered to pay attention to detail, then you are at the wrong place.

His dudeness
14th Sep 2018, 15:55
In what sense? Would you apply for British Airways and send them a letter, explaining that your dream has always been to work for "British Airway", without even checking on their website about correct spelling etc.? Guys, we are looking for quality, not quantity. If you can't be bothered to pay attention to detail, then you are at the wrong place.

Is it totally unreasonable to think that a non native english writing person just made a mistake ? Is jumping to conclusion a sign of quality ("without even checking on their website about correct spelling" - how would you know? ) these days at NJE ?

Klimax
14th Sep 2018, 18:31

One of the airlines that I used to work for had training captains and simulator instructors who were seriously bothered by the difference between calling it "Flap XX" or "Flaps XX" . The majority of these clowns only spoke one language. Whatever it important to you and makes your boat float mate.

EatMyShorts!
14th Sep 2018, 23:03
I can assure you that the majority here won't be bothered whether you say "speed 180" or "speed 180 knots"...

Non-native speakers: yeah, I am one of those, too. I speak 3 languages. But come on, it is common sense that you should at least know the correct name and spelling of your potential employer. I am used to fuel truck operators writing our company name as "Net Jet" or similar, but I expect a pilot to prepare more thoroughly. First impressions count a lot, but I am also convinced that he will make it through the selection process if he's a nice and competent person, who you could imagine hanging out for 6 days in a row, no matter whether he calls us Netjet or Netjets.

TugaFly
20th Sep 2018, 13:39
It looks like Netjets didn’t get enough candidates, as they’re opening recruitment on October the 8th.

Anyone fancy sharing the recruitment experience?

Thanks

SanHor
20th Sep 2018, 15:38
My company, turboprop operator.

Three guys applied, 2 PIC 1 F/O.

All three, thanks but no thanks by Kura.

Did receive a month later an offer to enroll on a program with Kura for BA Cityflyer.
First Officer career development program specially designed for aviators with 1000+ hours at aircraft <10tonnes...

buzzc152
21st Sep 2018, 09:49
I don’t know the answer. I do know that we have increased the requirement from 50 to 60 new hires. I have no idea why we are using Kura or any other third party. Good luck to those that want to work here.

Journey Man
23rd Sep 2018, 08:07
https://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/408

Seems like NetJets do take direct entry commanders. Recruiting direct entry onto the 7X.

buzzc152
23rd Sep 2018, 11:42
No. That job is with EJME. A different company and contract.

TugaFly
8th Oct 2018, 11:55
Any Netjets Portuguese based FO's fancy sheding some light on your monthly take home pay?

You can private message me.

Thanks in advance

EatMyShorts!
8th Oct 2018, 14:11
Well, you will pay regular taxes in PT, so I guess you'll have to pay 45% of your gross salary, don't forget the social security/health insurance on top of it, that would be another 11%.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/work/taxes/income-taxes-abroad/portugal/index_en.htm
https://tradingeconomics.com/portugal/social-security-rate-for-employees

Flyer_123
8th Oct 2018, 16:30
Does Portugal tax salary of pilots who live in other EU states?

TugaFly
8th Oct 2018, 18:55
Thanks EMS,

That makes it a very low salary.

EatMyShorts!
8th Oct 2018, 19:21
If you live in Portugal, you will be on the Portuguese contract and you will pay full PT-taxes and insurances. If you live in another EU-country you will only pay 25% tax at source in PT and, depending on your country of residence, no or a bit more tax at your place. You will also pay social contributions in your country of residence.

Flyer_123
8th Oct 2018, 19:24
Thanks for the answer!

Globally Challenged
8th Oct 2018, 22:44
Thanks EMS,

That makes it a very low salary.

nobody gets rich at netjets - you will likely just about manage on that salary.

Depends how long you are happy in the RHS and how much you value the lifestyle which is (was at least) very good.

trancada
10th Oct 2018, 11:31
KURA returned back to the recruitment

EatMyShorts!
10th Oct 2018, 12:34
...please explain?

trancada
10th Oct 2018, 13:29
KURAVIATION opens recruitment again

EatMyShorts!
10th Oct 2018, 21:45
Ah, now I understand! That's really interesting. Either it is because Netjets could not find enough suitable candidates who would be interested in this contract, or because we are looking for an additional 10 pilots (60 in total). Or both :E

CL300
11th Oct 2018, 05:05
or the 500 words essay ? :)
or the box have you been employed by NetJets before ?

They have my address, I come back on my fleet, my position and seniority no problems :); even my salary would do ...

Daddy Fantastic
11th Oct 2018, 12:34
Yes, as per PPJN.

Is that 70 Euro per day or per duty period of 6 days, so 11 euro per day and some change.

buzzc152
11th Oct 2018, 12:41
€70 per day and tax free for most countries.

Globally Challenged
11th Oct 2018, 13:32
Is that 70 Euro per day or per duty period of 6 days, so 11 euro per day and some change.

Also it is an automatic payment of €70 when away from home (so you don’t have to claim it)

Arthur1815
11th Oct 2018, 16:43
nobody gets rich at netjets - you will likely just about manage on that salary.

Depends how long you are happy in the RHS and how much you value the lifestyle which is (was at least) very good.

Latest best estimate based on Fleet plan and the beginning of retirements is 5-6 years for an Upgrade.

Globally Challenged
12th Oct 2018, 00:34
Latest best estimate based on Fleet plan and the beginning of retirements is 5-6 years for an Upgrade.

Is that 5-6 years for the highest seniority FOs to upgrade or for new entrants.

My guess is the former but if it’s the latter than that’s not too bad.

CL300
12th Oct 2018, 04:48
The truth is they do not know and it is unpredictable. Ask the F/O whom been there since 2007... glued on the R/H seat. In 2002 Right to Left was a matter of months ( even weeks).
Their criteria are a bit outdated for the actual market, and the company is even more into politics than it used to be.
Best of both worlds with no rules.....

SanHor
12th Oct 2018, 12:21
Received a rejection letter in April by Kura.

Today I received an e-mail to re-apply.

First you don’t qualify, now all of a sudden I need to re-apply. Maybe they forgot everybody has been hiring this year...
See my post #102, all three of them have another job...so no more NetJets...

However, I would like to make you aware that the application process, entry requirements and package now on offer have all changed in recent months. If you meet the entry requirements and remain interested in a First Officer position with NetJets you are encouraged to reapply.

TugaFly
12th Oct 2018, 13:24
I know it’s not set in stone, but does anyone know roughly how many hours would an FO fly a year?

Thanks

Globally Challenged
12th Oct 2018, 13:26
I know it’s not set in stone, but does anyone know roughly how many hours would an FO fly a year?

Thanks
Used to be around 250 per year

Catans
12th Oct 2018, 15:59

Thanks

FO on the Phenom/XLS, expect about 400 hours of flight and 13-1400 duty hours per year. You don’t fly a lot, but you work a lot.

CL300
12th Oct 2018, 20:11
Received a rejection letter in April by Kura.

Today I received an e-mail to re-apply.

First you don’t qualify, now all of a sudden I need to re-apply. Maybe they forgot everybody has been hiring this year...
See my post #102, all three of them have another job...so no more NetJets...

However, I would like to make you aware that the application process, entry requirements and package now on offer have all changed in recent months. If you meet the entry requirements and remain interested in a First Officer position with NetJets you are encouraged to reapply.

Same for me, My answer was exactly the one I posted above.. been there 10 years, give me my fleet, my position and my salary and I come back :-)

doglegfinal
23rd Oct 2018, 21:14
Same for me, My answer was exactly the one I posted above.. been there 10 years, give me my fleet, my position and my salary and I come back :-)
https://www.pprune.org/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif https://www.pprune.org/images/buttons/report.gif (https://www.pprune.org/report.php?p=10272381)
No Philippe, please stay where you are right now and you will be doing all of us a favor ;-)

CL300
24th Oct 2018, 08:02
No Philippe, please stay where you are right now and you will be doing all of us a favor ;-)

NetJets Spirit :-)

dan1165
24th Oct 2018, 14:01
Same 4 me ... PFO received before summer then invitaion to reapply and second PFO ... TOTAL BS :yuk:

ARNAUD71
3rd Dec 2018, 16:54
Hi there,
Is there any French colleagues invited for the first stage in Stratford-avon (17-21 december) ? Post in MP if so ... :)

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.

safelife
12th Dec 2018, 22:05
https://jobsite.netjetseurope.com/

Looking for captains? :uhoh:

EatMyShorts!
12th Dec 2018, 22:46
For EJME only.

atalanta89
13th Dec 2018, 11:30
As stated already, NetJets is not able to find enough suitable candidates. That's what i have been told at the interview.

The whole assessment process was great, supported by very qualified people. Can't wait to start!

deltahotel
13th Dec 2018, 12:48
Just curious - what is EJME (Executive Jet Management Europe) and how does it fit into Netjets and what is a ‘Lead Pilot in Command’?

no nonsense
13th Dec 2018, 13:53
@ dogleg : There were many very qualified people left without a job in 2013 without any good reason. Therefore I understand CL300`s remark and not yours. You might receive an Email as well friday evening to tell you all NL based pilot will be fired for no reason. Let's see how you will feel.

TugaFly
13th Dec 2018, 14:59
Does anyone know what aircraft is EJME recruiting for?
Are the terms and conditions same as Netjets Europe?

Thanks

redsnail
13th Dec 2018, 17:03
@ deltahotel. The lead pilot will be the one sorting rosters and leave and generally managing his/her pool of pilots for the aircraft they've been hired onto at EJME. EJME is the managed aircraft arm of NetJets Europe. If someone has their own aircraft and wants it managed, eg in a similar vein to TAG, then they can put it with EJME.
@TugaFly I believe there's some vacancies at EJME for an Excel. Best check the NetJets Europe careers/job offers page. No, the T&Cs are not exactly the same, broadly similar but not exactly the same. No, I don't know what the differences are, that is done per aircraft team.

Pilot35
16th Dec 2018, 19:00
Hello dears,

Any feedback from the assesment at Kura's? Especially the Computer Based Crew Capacity Test?

Many txs and good luck to everybody applying!

Miserable Old Git
21st Dec 2018, 13:53
Hi 35,

I see from your profile that you are in FR. I'm not sure if you know, but I don't think NJE has a gateway there anymore

bully85
24th Oct 2019, 16:08
Hi guys, does anyone know when NJ is going to hire again in 2019?

Also the KURA website isn’t working anymore, you have to login ( but you can’t create a new account :/ )

733driver
24th Oct 2019, 16:49
Hi guys, does anyone know when NJ is going to hire again in 2019?

Also the KURA website isn’t working anymore, you have to login ( but you can’t create a new account :/ )

No need to post this exact same question in two separate threads.

NJE is not hiring pilots this year. I read elsewhere that KURA went out of business.

Oh gaim
25th Oct 2019, 04:50
Possibly no recruiting next year either.

Kura appointed liquidators in July of this year.

bully85
25th Oct 2019, 12:17
Thanks guys.

That’s a shame :(

Fokker 100
10th Nov 2019, 16:07
Don 't expect any new recruitment in the nearby future. With the new CEO now in place you will soon see cost cutting and maybe even worse... Parts of the business transfered to EJME, with less pilots needed per aircraft.
Don 't waste your time by sending your resumé to them...*

Klimax
10th Nov 2019, 18:38
The roster of 6/5 is attractive, the cash.....meah not so much. If you're out of school, fulfilling the minimum requirements and need a good "upbringing" within GA, this seems like a great outfit. When you've got the time and a better paid private jet job comes up, it's and opportunity to leave NJ and move on.