PDA

View Full Version : The kind of thing that can lose bizjet sales

JammedStab
7th Feb 2018, 16:39
There is no confirmation of this story that was told to me by someone in the bizjet industry but.......

A major international manufacturer with a name that everyone is familiar with has a fleet of Gulfstreams. They decided at some point to try a Global Express. They may or may not have liked the aircraft but decided to not continue using it ans of course, have not used the Global since.

Why?

Quite simple. The wife of the top boss was taking a shower en route......and the pipes had frozen leading to an unhappy customer. That is what can cost an aircraft manufaturer hundreds of millions of dollars in this business.

Daifly
7th Feb 2018, 21:58
Or just don't install a shower? That's what most sales people would tell you anyway.

Miles Magister
8th Feb 2018, 14:38
I understand that has been a problem on the GLX since it was first built. Test pilots told me of it and when I surveyed the type for someone many years ago it was a known problem. I thought they had fixed it.

galaxy flyer
8th Feb 2018, 20:54
The latest shower worked pretty well, that said, the “take” rate was’t high. The earlier showers on “Classic” GLEX wasn’t all that good.

GF