PDA

View Full Version : solo landing

maples
7th Feb 2018, 11:31
Any inside regarding BKK/SYD Cpt. being locked out and FO solo landed?

TooLow
7th Feb 2018, 11:44
Just to throw out a few things I heard about this (remember it's a rumour forum)...

- Allegedly put on street clothes and left cockpit during flt
- Allegedly went on a rant through the cabin, verbally abusing ccrew
- FO locked him out, landed solo (allegedly)
- Since removed from Roster

Some interesting things to discuss, if true, for sure.

donpizmeov
7th Feb 2018, 12:14
Almost all that information is incorrect. If you don't know what happened don't spread :mad: anonymously.

Wizofoz
7th Feb 2018, 12:49
don,

Be reasonable! Clearly something happened, so you can't expect there to not be speculation!!

donpizmeov
7th Feb 2018, 12:53
We don't like it when the muppets turn us, but it's OK to eat our own? The names of the guys can be easily found. Ring them and ask. Or is it more easily done anonymously?

TooLow
7th Feb 2018, 12:56
Like I said, its a rumour forum. That's the stuff going around, like it or not.

donpizmeov
7th Feb 2018, 13:01
Watsapp rumours, which have no source name, are a bit different to pprune rumours. I hope you are shown more respect if something was to happen to you.

LivingINtheDream
7th Feb 2018, 14:12
Almost all that information is incorrect. If you don't know what happened don't spread ****e anonymously.

“Almost”?

Even if 1% of what’s been alleged is true there is a real cause for concern! Don’t you think?

BigGeordie
7th Feb 2018, 14:28
Whatever happened, the other 4,000 pilots will somehow be made to suffer for it.

Jack330
7th Feb 2018, 14:33
For sure it happened since they’re both removed from roster ��
WTF guys, the bottom of the barrel

You rock
7th Feb 2018, 14:36
Dear Too LOW

I think its time you retracted what you said, I don't care if its true or untrue, but types like you are simply trying too defame people without foundation. Yes I have seen the WhatsApp photos going around and although its extremely disappointing your post is just down right dumb if it proven to be without conviction. I don't clearly condone what may have occurred but your dumb remarks about a rumor network are just that dumb

You do realize some people may take offense and call the police.

delete the post champion

SOPS
7th Feb 2018, 15:39
So..either it did or did not happen.

If it did happen...we will soon have Harry on here telling us how the kind and caring company you work for, has given this poor individual 6 months off on full pay, and the CPB was very understanding....

Or the poor guy was sacked.....and nobody thought why the hell is this going on ....

Or it did not happen at all....

donpizmeov
7th Feb 2018, 16:00
So asking that unproven accusations about someone be removed is hurting the anonymous accusers human rights and dignity bonway? Interesting planet you live on.

ironbutt57
7th Feb 2018, 16:19
So asking that unproven accusations about someone be removed is hurting the anonymous accusers human rights and dignity bonway? Interesting planet you live on.

dont think anybody was necessarily "accused" of anything, normally an accusation is leveled at a specific person or organization, neither of which is named here...it is a rumor, and this is a rumor network...possibly an inaccurate rumor, but no need to bite anyone's head off over it, rumors are most often inaccurate..

You rock
7th Feb 2018, 16:24
dont think anybody was necessarily "accused" of anything, normally an accusation is leveled at a specific person or organization, neither of which is named here...it is a rumor, and this is a rumor network...possibly an inaccurate rumor, but no need to bite anyone's head off over it, rumors are most often inaccurate..

Ironbutt

Just too clarify. We all know whT may have been done or not done but it's way too low too post the magnitude of such an event if in fact it did happen on a forum especially as it's unproven and also has been used against people.

Yeah I hate what may have occurred but isn't this forum about other issues. Like pay rises or a ek rant but too rubbish a pilot member especially when it may or maybe not true is just downright silly

ironbutt57
7th Feb 2018, 16:31
Ironbutt

Just too clarify. We all know whT may have been done or not done but it's way too low too post the magnitude of such an event if in fact it did happen on a forum especially as it's unproven and also has been used against people.

Yeah I hate what may have occurred but isn't this forum about other issues. Like pay rises or a ek rant but too rubbish a pilot member especially when it may or maybe not true is just downright silly

some of you folks here are all to happy to rubbish pilot members of certain nationalities of which you hold in contempt, this must have been a member of one of then"good" nationalities...

Jack330
7th Feb 2018, 16:32
you rock, who the **** do you think you are ? This is a rumor forum and everything can be posted and discussed! I understand that you’re ashamed like me to be working in a sinking airline like emirates but apparently this is the new reality.
This event, if true, is just the revisited version of the other one, I think entebbe, where a crewmember snapped and was restrained, not to mention the accident and numerous incidents that someone is desperately trying to hide UAE style.
Face the truth, emirates is becoming dangerous and ridiculous at the same time, your pathetic effort to hide things not only is useless but counterproductive... We need changes before the unthinkable will happen..

harry the cod
7th Feb 2018, 16:34
Then how about we put the first rumour to bed. There were TWO pilots in the flight deck when that plane landed.

SOPS/Bonway

Considering you've both left this Company, you share an almost unhealthy obsession with your continuous little digs at those that remain. Sad that you and others still feel the need to post constant derogatory comments about your ex airline and ex colleagues. Trying too hard to justify the move perhaps? Time to move on gents and get on with your new life, especially you SOPS.

Haven't you got your big train set to play with and dogs to walk?

Harry

ironbutt57
7th Feb 2018, 16:40
thanks Harry, thats all anybody needed to say rather than attacking the fellow that posted a rumor on a rumor network...I fail to see any intention to rubbish anybody..

You rock
7th Feb 2018, 16:55
Jack
Everything is not open to discussion when it ain't the truth.

Jack330
7th Feb 2018, 16:58
Do you even know the meaning of the word “rumor” ? Google it and rest assured that something happened for real, there’s nothing to laugh here, it’s a serious matter.

harry the cod
7th Feb 2018, 17:15
Then if it's THAT serious, perhaps better posted on the dedicated Emirates Forum. Stating there was only one pilot on the flight deck on a public forum helps nobody....especially if it's based on some flimsy evidence.

The lack of maturity and awareness shown by so called professional pilots is staggering at times.

Harry

Jack D
7th Feb 2018, 17:16
Something definitely happened, no doubt ! probably somewhere between truth & rumour .. embarrassing but not a total surprise
A sort of “ here we go again “ moment ; and yes this is a rumour site, and the virtue signallers should calm down .

sealear
7th Feb 2018, 21:06
To be fair to too low.... He/she did put a disclaimer in the post and listed allegedly at least twice. Can't ask for much more than that around here.

maples
8th Feb 2018, 00:08
Ok,I ‘llbrephrase it then.
Does anybody here know anything regarding the event that lead to a solitary landing recently?

Praise Jebus
8th Feb 2018, 03:48
Short answer...no

A strange trait of pilots that I have observed over the years is that many tend to find no greater pleasure than witnessing the failure of their peers... Never quite understood that myself....

donpizmeov
8th Feb 2018, 04:03
Ironbut going by their names, (I don't know them) they are not from any master race.

Jack 330 have a Google and find out what professional pilot means. Thats the bit just before the rumour you were confused with.

Praise Jebus
8th Feb 2018, 08:55
Morally imperative....which particular moral could you possibly be referring to? I didn't comment on Jet Airways Bonny because I don't work for them. Importantly however is the difference between two people having an argument in flight and this issue which I have zero knowledge of btw. If, hypothetically a pilot in my company left the flight deck and behaved erratically to the point where his colleague locked him out I would be concerned for his mental health and wish them well. It's the moral associated with concern for my work colleagues and respect for their privacy. Guess you and I differ on that but I respect you have an opinion.

SOPS
8th Feb 2018, 16:15
Then how about we put the first rumour to bed. There were TWO pilots in the flight deck when that plane landed.

SOPS/Bonway

Considering you've both left this Company, you share an almost unhealthy obsession with your continuous little digs at those that remain. Sad that you and others still feel the need to post constant derogatory comments about your ex airline and ex colleagues. Trying too hard to justify the move perhaps? Time to move on gents and get on with your new life, especially you SOPS.

Haven't you got your big train set to play with and dogs to walk?

Harry

Harry, i have to say, i find your comments a bit harsh.. I went out today and "played with my big Train set' as you chose to call it...I then got home, after 6hour 30 shift including a 50 minute ' afternoon tea break' to yes..walk the dogs.

why do I remain interested on this forum? Because just because you leave EK, does not mean you leave your friends behind you. I am in constant contact at the moment with a friend about to upgrade...he is asking many questions....and im wondering if he is a bit too soon, too early...but we will see.

So Harry, please dont knock those of us who have chosen to leave but keep active on these forums..when we leave, we leave ( at least some of us) good friends behind and we remain concerned for their welfare....

RK Blue sky
9th Feb 2018, 00:43
What’s a worse condition?
Someone who has left the company and has a look on pprune or a pilot still at EK telling himself and everyone else that Emirates is a great airline?
The autocratic style and work environment here does severe damage to ourselves and I think this is reflected in some posts defending the indefensible.

misd-agin
9th Feb 2018, 01:54
Two pilot or three pilot crew?

givemewings
9th Feb 2018, 09:33
I thought the 'individual in question' on this post was flight crew not CC? Or are you talking about the 'other' in flight incident with the purser/capt?

Regardless, EK being EK the full story will probably never come out and the Whatsapp brigade will distort it to be more entertaining/shocking

WakeTurb_69
9th Feb 2018, 14:12
If the "news" on the CC facebook page is untrue then I feel deeply sorry for the individual. Such a vicious rumour (if untrue) will stick like mud and ruin the individuals career.

MacSheikh
10th Feb 2018, 08:36
There's something missing here. It's called Professional Respect.
You could also add Integrity.
I only know the rumours I've heard and if true, this person probably needs medical assistance but as I'm a pilot, not a qualified practitioner, I'll hold my peace.

BigGeordie
10th Feb 2018, 09:19
With 4,000 (overworked) pilots and 20,000 (equally overworked) cabin crew there are bound to be a number with mental health issues. If we had the kind of caring company culture where people weren't afraid to make such issues known the airline would be a better and safer place.

Emma Royds
10th Feb 2018, 11:13
With regards to the other topic that has generated discussion concerning our colleague prior to him joining EK, can I suggest you carry out your own research and then you will be able to establish for yourself if these allegations have any truth to them, or not.

givemewings
10th Feb 2018, 13:07
Well Airdancer, some people don't bail on supporting their friends just because they've moved away and/or left the company...

It's a good a reason as any and more productive than just being there for an A vs B argument as is so often the case :E

SOPS
10th Feb 2018, 13:38
Sorry Airdancer...you have lost me there. Any conversations I have with friends in EK is done by phone or email..not on here...I fail to see your point.

Givemewings...check your PM

Craggenmore
10th Feb 2018, 14:19
why do I remain interested on this forum? Because just because you leave EK, does not mean you leave your friends behind you. I am in constant contact at the moment with a friend about to upgrade...he is asking many questions....and im wondering if he is a bit too soon, too early...but we will see.

So Harry, please dont knock those of us who have chosen to leave but keep active on these forums..when we leave, we leave ( at least some of us) good friends behind and we remain concerned for their welfare....

SOPS, what Harry and Airdancer are trying to say is please keep on helping your friends in Private but please leave the Public PPruNe.

You are out to grass now.

SOPS
10th Feb 2018, 14:23
Sorry Cragg..must have missed that rule on Pprune

Craggenmore
10th Feb 2018, 14:31
Sorry Cragg..must have missed that rule on Pprune

You are quite right, there is no rule.

Try relying on your social radar instead?

SOPS
10th Feb 2018, 14:54
Ah.....no...Airdancer that is not the case. In fact the reverse is true..I am very very happy and not bored at all. In fact, I am having a ball. But if my posting on her gets you so worked up....I will give it a break and let you guys "enjoy" life.

dubaigong
10th Feb 2018, 15:11
Keep dancing in the air then and leave the right to EVERYBODY to voice his/her opinion on this PUBLIC forum

LivingINtheDream
10th Feb 2018, 15:41
So then, back the guy who’s been stood down by fleet and features on a “honey our neighbour is mentally ill” website list...

mmmbop
10th Feb 2018, 23:34
..... but using PPrune to give that friend advice is just rubbish.

Airdancer, SOPS never stated that he was using PPrune to give advice. You completely misread and mis-interpreted what he wrote, and so when you wrote My point is that remaining with friends in EK is fine but using PPrune to give that friend advice is just rubbish. you look like a fool, because at no stage did he state or imply he was.

He's on PPRUNE because like others of us who have left, we remain interested in seeing what is happening at a place where we spent a substantial period of our lives. And due to time zone differences we can't always get in contact with our friends. Hence, a read of PPrune to see what is apparently happening, and a chat to our friends to hear the validity of it.

Telling people they can't post on Prune is something that always amuses me. Those who do it seem to have been in the ME too long and under the influence of that Locals mindset. If you want to start dictating to people that they can't come here, why don't you move to North Korea, because you have a lot in common with their mindset?

SOPS
10th Feb 2018, 23:56
mmmbop....I wish pprune had a like button.:ok:

fatbus
11th Feb 2018, 02:20
Put airdancer on your ignore list , it feels good

SilverSeated
11th Feb 2018, 03:05
So then, back the guy who’s been stood down by fleet and features on a “honey our neighbour is mentally ill” website list...

Surely this is of greater concern?

There's a reason for websites such as this and yet we seem to overlook this fact. The information is published and clear for all to see, so I don't think Im being mailcious or spreading rumours.

Am I missing something here?

SOPS
11th Feb 2018, 11:16
Is this the alleged guy who did alleged things at the start of this post?

g109
11th Feb 2018, 11:29
That I don’t know, but he was the operating capt on that particular flight

jack schidt
11th Feb 2018, 12:01
Firstly, please be very careful posting names, numbers and identification details of individuals. You are liable for legal action should someone think your post has disadvantaged them in any way.

I agree that these intolerable people live amongst us, but beware and be careful of your own self preservation first. I’m not overly familiar with the rules but calling out identities could be an issue.

SOPS and other oldies, most welcome here to post opinions and thoughts, always goo to get a broad perspective and many viewpoints.

J

sealear
11th Feb 2018, 12:02
Just when you think this place can't get any more bizarre...

But yeah, probably shouldn't be posting that stuff it could really come back to bite you one day

motley flight crue
11th Feb 2018, 12:26
Oh c’mon. The US government has a public web site with all the pedo creeps on it so US citizens can see who live amongst their community. Since in EK a huge amount of families live in close knit communities ( DSO / Meydan )with kids everywhere, I would like to know if a colleague is a rock spider!

Talparc
11th Feb 2018, 12:49
The question is why didn’t anybody pick up an eventual problem here?

nakbin330
11th Feb 2018, 13:02
This guy was off the roster and gone from this country within days of the 380 ‘incident’.

LivingINtheDream
11th Feb 2018, 13:08
Is this the alleged guy who did alleged things at the start of this post?

And fiercely defended at the start of this post.

SilverSeated
11th Feb 2018, 14:43
This guy was off the roster and gone from this country within days of the 380 ‘incident’.

Up till yesterday his roster was clearly available to all, as of today he's still listed as an employee although roster has been set to private!

The incident happened over 2 weeks ago!

And fiercely quietened down since the truth started leaking out. Is he an Emirates Airlines captain as claimed HERE?

Yep, recent upgrade as well. So that'll be two sets of industry leading psych tests and profiling nailed then!

donpizmeov
11th Feb 2018, 15:53
Bonway, I still defend all EK pilots rights to privacy and justice and lament anonymous posters who post otherwise. Why not use your real name?

Weren't you the one complaining about human rights and civil liberties?

Jack D
11th Feb 2018, 17:30
Did he ever operate to the US ? A possibility during his EK career I would say . For that a visa is required
would a visa be issued if these allegations are true ? unlikely .
I really don’t know but it’s a thought .
I also don’t know why Bonway is waging a mini crusade against EK based on the alleged record of one individual ? The slavery aspect rings a little hollow, I mean there are bigger fish to fry in that respect . What provoked this interest did you ever work in the ME ? Perhaps a bad experience ?

ironbutt57
11th Feb 2018, 17:34
once you've been convicted they actually stop looking for you

convicted in absentia, or didnt report to custody after the trial as ordered? both can place an already convicted person on fugitive status, not everybody is immediately incarcerated.. most likely any passport would be cancelled (the physical passport is not required....and this would likely reflect on any countries' immigration computer

Jack D
11th Feb 2018, 17:37
Or if a US citizen on some sort of wanted list surely being detained at a US port of entry would be inevitable?

Xiamen
11th Feb 2018, 18:43
The Guvnor also had a group of die hard supporters.
Just saying... For those who remember.

Emma Royds
11th Feb 2018, 18:57
I posted earlier in this thread that for those who were interested, to conduct their own research and so that they could make up their own mind as to if there is any truth to the matter involving this individual, prior to his tenure at EK. I had taken some time to dig deeper, as I was amazed that an individual with such a history could make it to the LHS of a widebody here in the Gulf. I was going to keep what I had found to myself but given that the matter has been brought out into the open, I feel that perhaps what I had found may be of interest to fellow colleagues.

Firstly my understanding is that an individual will only appear on any state sex offender register if the state can verify that they are residing in that same state. In other words, it's pointless for a crime in California to be documented in records for California, when the individual is no longer residing there. This will explain why no searches are showing anything with anyone with the same name, as the records being searched are current and not historical. My understanding is that part of the conditions for being on the sex offenders register is that you have to report to the authorities of where you live at set time intervals as well as any planned change of address. Someone living in Dubai will not appear on any current sex offender register as they are not living in the US. Based on California DOJ records that I accessed online via a third party, there is an individual with the same full name as in a FAA ATP Certificate issued with the same DOB that matches from a copy of the old seniority list, as well as a photo of a striking resemblance, of an individual that was listed on the California DOJ - Sex Offenders Absconders list. There was no date from when this record was generated but it did state that charges were filed in August 2008. This alone is rather compelling in its own right. The definition of an absconder within the context of a sex offender as I understand it, is that it is someone who is in violation of their release conditions or that their whereabouts are unknown. If moving abroad is not reported then this may be classed as absconding?

I could not find any information concerning any court case or any sentence that was handed down but there was a ID number for the entry that was made in the California sex offenders registry. I would suspect that a conviction has to be made before a entry is made in the register.

However there are some conflicting questions that I could not answer myself. Firstly, wouldn't US immigration be keen to speak to the individual concerned when they were entering the US if they were an absconder, as I suspect anyone in this category would be flagged to US CBP? Perhaps his whereabouts were eventually known and the record of being an absconder is now out of date? Secondly if a prison sentence was imposed, then how would a gap in ones flying records be accounted for when applying to EK and the time between any court case and joining EK seems to be less than three years. If a probation order was imposed, would this still allow someone to fly commercially in the USA? Would a criminal record involving such a crime as this, preclude someone from gaining a airport/airline pass in the USA? I know that in many European countries at least, such a conviction will result in a ban on holding any airport pass regardless of the job involved and in the UK at least, the ban period appears to be commensurate with the severity of the sentence imposed.

Should we be dealing with the same individual, then it will be highly embarrassing for the company that someone with such a history can make it to EK and never mind to the LHS. If it is the same person, then it shows that security checks performed by the company on any new pilot are not particularly invasive and perhaps are only designed to highlight an individuals threat to local security? With the company employing expats from all over the world, the task of performing such arduous background checks will be onerous in terms of time and manpower and I would suspect there is not enough of either resource! There will be some countries that may restrict such information being circulated and the circulation of valid information maybe restricted due to corrupt practices in less scrupulous countries. Therefore the company is placing a lot of trust in the candidate being honest with any criminal history but should honesty be compromised, then the company will probably have little recourse to know otherwise. I suspect that EK would never employ anyone as a pilot with a conviction of this nature, so if it is the same person, then it raises the question of the accuracy of the data provided at the application stage. Any falsification that can be proved will (and quite rightly too) probably end up in immediate dismissal.

Finally I have spoken to two colleagues who have flown with the individual concerned and he claimed to both of them on separate occasions, that he is a active reservist in the US Military. Firstly I find it amazing that someone could still serve with a such criminal record, as I am sure the same offence would disqualify anyone at the application stage of joining the military. If we are dealing with the same person and if serving with such a record is not possible then it raises the uncomfortable question of what else may be not all it seems? Again, perhaps one of our American colleagues can provide some clarity as to if one could still serve with such a conviction.

Perhaps some colleagues maybe able to fill in the blanks that I could not find answers to but perhaps what I found out may dispel a myth or two and add some clarity to what is a rather bizarre situation. I stand to be corrected should anyone have more accurate information and I shall edit accordingly.

Jack D
11th Feb 2018, 18:59
Airbubba thanks for that . As I mentioned there may be bigger fish to fry a little closer to home & yes I remember the guvnor ... don’t genuine mug shots also show a profile view ? Or have I been watching too much bad tv ?

Jack D
11th Feb 2018, 19:14
Interesting post Emma thanks !

pilotguy1222
11th Feb 2018, 19:21
Wow. A lot of cases for people needing Midol and/or Preparation H. Never on this site have I seen so many people whining and crying!!! Got all my laughs in on one thread today!!!
Much defense on this thread and the opposite on others. hmph.

Just the fact that someone's name appears on one of those websites tells enough of a story, conviction or not. That makes the cc accusation extremely believable. civvies, solo landing? who cares. I land all by myself once per trip.

pilotguy1222
11th Feb 2018, 19:25
Airbubba thanks for that . As I mentioned there may be bigger fish to fry a little closer to home & yes I remember the guvnor ... don’t genuine mug shots also show a profile view ? Or have I been watching too much bad tv ?

They do take both, but oddly the database for these people usually only show a front shot. We had one in my flight school who was arrested in the middle of the day in his office.
Here is one site. https://www.nsopw.gov/en

Airbubba
11th Feb 2018, 20:12
For Americans, expat flying has traditionally been a chance to escape something back home and start again.

One coworker from years ago had a DUI on his record. I wondered why he wasn't anxious to repatriate with the rest of us when jobs opened up back home.

Turns out that back then DUI's scrolled off the National Driver Register after three years and he was counting the days before he put out applications.

His timing was correct, he finally interviewed and got a job with one of the major U.S. airlines. He's a check airman and management pilot, eats lunch at the Barbecue Kitchen on Virginia Avenue (they don't serve beer ;)).

sealear
11th Feb 2018, 21:43
I'd be really careful starting Reddit threads and posting on here claiming that your colleague is a sex offender when you have no real concrete evidence. At the very least I hope you've taken appropriate precautions so that you can't be traced in case it turns out this guy is innocent.

Mob justice never was a good thing.

givemewings
11th Feb 2018, 23:16
Airbubba, interesting post.

Your theory brings up some possibilities that
a) they were not aware and somehow he hid this from the company if it is indeed true (easy enough to apply with a second passport, plenty of the cabin crew do especially those who may have been let go from other airlines)

And/or b) someone knew about it and approved him anyway, as we know the clique can be strong in the sandpit and morals are only as strong as the weakest member of the group. *if* this person had a friend on the inside at the time of application that could also explain why he got into the position he did.

So either it isn't true, the background checks are inadequate, or someone in the company is passing people through who are unsuitable. How many more are there?

On the subject, not a sigle one of my references were actually contacted prior to my being employed. I know because I asked them. So they were going by whatever databases they had access to and checked (if they actually checked)

General Dogsbody
12th Feb 2018, 04:19
Same Character claims to be an Native American ex USAF and claims to have been at various times a B-1, F-16 and F-22 Pilot

TOGA!
12th Feb 2018, 06:04
I have heard of someone claiming of flying in the Reserves while at EK, not a chance. Under US law employers are required to let you off with Military Leave, I doubt the same would apply while working for a foreign company.

I always wanted to meet "this guy" and ask a few questions. I could have shot him down rather quickly. I also heard he had flown an assortment of jets that made the lie completely out to lunch.

Airbubba
12th Feb 2018, 12:54
Same Character claims to be an Native American ex USAF and claims to have been at various times a B-1, F-16 and F-22 Pilot

And the airlines are hiring like crazy back in the States. Why doesn't he get a job in the U.S.?

Lemme guess, relatives in Lahore, DXB is a garden spot, a man of his abilities must be in command, those folks at Delta, United and American wish they could fly for Emirates etc., etc., etc...

From past experience when an American passes up job opportunities at home to remain in an expat job there is often a back story. ;)

cerbus
12th Feb 2018, 14:53
I flew with an American who flew the F-22 and went to Stanford. I forget his name but I could look it up.
He claimed he was still in the Reserves and went to Bahrain one weekend a month for Drill Weekend. I asked how he gets off that weekend and he said the US and UAE have an agreement that allows Reservist to attend Drill Weekend.
I was surprised but everything sounded in the ballpark. I never checked his claims but I wonder if this is the same guy.
A bigger question should have been what’s a guy from Stanford and was smart and good enough to fly the Raptor doing at Emirates? If I wasn’t so tired and fatigued I guess that should have set off alarm bells but at the time I didn’t really care.

Airbubba
12th Feb 2018, 15:16
I knew a Navy pilot who went to Stanford. His name is Auburn Calloway.

He flew for Gulf Air. Not the one in the Middle East though, it was the L-188 operator in Biloxi Mississippi.

Auburn is a household name over at FedEx, just ask around. :rolleyes:

inverter
12th Feb 2018, 15:33
Airbubba,
Lahore is a few miles on western side of Indian border, that place the concerned originally is from.
I thought to correct you & its just for your benefit & nothing more.
Inv

And the airlines are hiring like crazy back in the States. Why doesn't he get a job in the U.S.?

Lemme guess, relatives in Lahore, DXB is a garden spot, a man of his abilities must be in command, those folks at Delta, United and American wish they could fly for Emirates etc., etc., etc...

From past experience when an American passes up job opportunities at home to remain in an expat job there is often a back story. ;)

Jack D
12th Feb 2018, 15:57
Ah but it was once ...

Airbubba
12th Feb 2018, 15:57
Airbubba,
Lahore is a few miles on western side of Indian border, that place the concerned originally is from.
I thought to correct you & its just for your benefit & nothing more.
Inv

Yep, I've been there. Judging from the name, I would say that this guy possibly has plenty of relatives on either side of that Punjabi border.

Sounds like you do as well, thanks for the 'correction'. :ok:

Old King Coal
12th Feb 2018, 18:53
Xiamen: yes indeed, some of us have certainly been here long enough to recall 'The Guvnor' (aka. that nonce Neil Duncan Robertson (https://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/545977-guvnor-article-today-s-aberdeen-press-journal.html)<-- click link).

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/1/590x/Robertson-Paedo-501307.jpg

RK Blue sky
12th Feb 2018, 19:47
Maybe even they got tired of defending the indefensible.

fliion
12th Feb 2018, 20:00
WTF happened to Harry and the rest of his f:mad:g shoal?

Watching with amusement as your dramatic crap - amongst others - has failed to produce a link to a govt site, DOJ wbsite, Cal state felony database, local media link - etc etc, validating a conviction.

Once produced, we old fellows will be happy to park our suspicion and celebrate the downfall of a convicted sex offender-

harry the cod
12th Feb 2018, 22:51
I'm still here Bonway but tiring of your constant negativity and repetitive verbal aggression to non dissenters!Perhaps you need to calm down and look at the thread title. Nobody was defending this indivudual, merely discussing matters related to the rumour of solo landings.

The thread has now moved onto something completely different, of which I know nothing about. His guilt or innocence is not for me to comment on or defend nor should it be given the seriousness of the allegations.

And for the record, the vast majority of EK pilots are not 'stuck' here, we choose to be here. Otherwise we would leave. I know that's a difficult concept to grasp but the sooner you do, the less desperate your posts will appear.

Harry

harry the cod
12th Feb 2018, 23:58
No, I don't speak for the 4200, merely responding to Bonway's assumption that EK pilots are 'stuck' here. Nobody forces anyone to stay, as evidenced by an attrition rate of around 5%. Given also that it is always the same proportionally small number of negative posters, would it be wrong to conclude that a large number who don't read PPRune, let alone post, are generally content to stay? Being content to stay is also somewhat different to being content with all T&C's.

Perhaps it's Bonway you need to be lecturing about assumptions, not me. Really? You speak for 4200 pilots Harry? I didn't hear of the poll distributed to the pilots.

Don't make all-encompassing statements that you can't validate. The moment you do, any credibility you had as the (somewhat skewed, pro-EK) voice of reason dissipates into the ether.

M.

perthbound
13th Feb 2018, 06:12
Google:
Freedom air
fired
(use his name)
Saipan

The Zohan
13th Feb 2018, 06:32
I flew with an American who flew the F-22 and went to Stanford. I forget his name but I could look it up.

I flew with the same guy and what really got me is that he never heard that the T-37’s spin recovery boldface is 43 words. If you went through UPT or ENJJPT you’d know that’s impossible..

tz

TOGA!
13th Feb 2018, 07:08
tz

shack

Throttles idle ....

Talparc
13th Feb 2018, 08:19
That sounds a lot like the Boeing CP who stated at one of the meetings "it is the same 1 % of pilots who cause all the problems. There is too much negativity, you just need to think positive."

If it is only 1 % of pilots causing problems, why the sudden need for Management to conduct meetings during RGTS, in an auditorium, and run for over an hour when only 30 mins is planned? Especially knowing how extremely lazy they are?

As I read your posts Harry I keep thinking that it appears that you have placed yourself into a bubble for survival that comes very close to the Lego Movie mantra. Fair enough, if that is what gets you through. But at the same time, it is incorrect to state that the vast majority of pilots are not stuck in Dubai. From the bond (double bond now), to the requirement to get enough Command hours to get a job elsewhere, to the simple operation of seniority lists at airlines, many, many pilots are stuck. And that's not mentioning the pilots who have the wrong passports, who would run if they could. A simple chat to your colleague on the flight deck shows that the statement you are trying to defend is simply false.

I find that your posts are becoming merely a play on words, rather than a genuine contrary opinion.

Very true! Congratulations

Neptune Spear
13th Feb 2018, 10:58
And that doesn’t include the pilots that have gone for interviews at other airlines and have failed the process.
The vast number of Emirates pilots that have gone for an interview at Delta have failed. Buford and myself try and do everything to help the applicant in what to say and not to say and understand what Delta wants but it is not working out. The company knows that the EK pilots have extreme fatigue and are at 9 hr time zone disadvantage when they interview but you have to meet the minimums.
So I would never speak for an entire group but I would say some to a lot of pilots are indeed stuck at their current position. Poor Bastards. It is sooo much better on the outside.

donpizmeov
13th Feb 2018, 13:44
Could it be the advice you are giving that is fecking them up neptune?

Good thread drift. Starts with a rumour of a landing. Moves to kiddy fiddling. Then onto delusional past career choices. And now here we are with Delta....... Again.

fliion
13th Feb 2018, 13:48
I know lots of guys at Delta and the other majors who couldn’t get hired at EK & CX ten years ago - doesn’t mean I’ll go on Airline Pilot Central and shout “ the only reason you’re there is you couldn’t get on here” because I’d sound like a DB, you know the type - Airbubba

I don’t know many Americans stuck at EK. I do know some guys who are exclusively looking at one or two carriers and either the interview didn’t work out or they are waiting for that one carrier, which would not be my game plan if I decided to return, but we are all different. There are tons of jobs in US if one really wants to get back, hit the roadshows etc.

With all of the above said in no way can anyone speak for the entire group of Americans (263) at EK - no shortage of that from the usual suspects as always.

Airbubba
14th Feb 2018, 01:06
The vast number of Emirates pilots that have gone for an interview at Delta have failed.

So I would never speak for an entire group but I would say some to a lot of pilots are indeed stuck at their current position. Poor Bastards. It is sooo much better on the outside.

I remember how one of the EK cheerleaders here tried to tell you and others what a mistake you were all making by going to Delta. :D

With such a strong post ...we are all looking fwd to wishing you well @ your new gig at Delta...and good luck on the 777 upgrade in 2035...

The only way I am drinking your "kool- aid" and paying homage to the DAL pilots testiculos...

Is when they get the following..

...777 upgrade at 4 yr seniority

... 1st $100k tax free

...silver Chauffeur sedan to and from Atlanta airport from my house

... $50,000 per year to pay my mortgage

...a smile from the FG 1 more than once a decade

...cash per diem, envelope local currency on check in at hotel.

... Virtually free healthcare

I can now see why he's a little defensive on what he perceives to be his forum. ;)

fliion
14th Feb 2018, 02:55
[quote=Airbubba;10052280]I remember how one of the EK cheerleaders here tried to tell you and others what a mistake you were all making by going to Delta. :D

I can now see why he's a little defensive on what he perceives to be his forum. ;)[/quote

——-

Airbubba buddy! Lol - you went back through six years of my posts to dig that up - fantastic, I must have really hit a nerve 😀

That was posted in May 2012 after we had received a 12 week profit share and an 8% bump (3% step and 5% increase) - the world was different then.

If you spent as much time researching whether this guy has a rap sheet as you did trolling my history (chuffed btw) -well enough said -

No point in me making you look silly - your doing all the work for me 👍

TransitCheck
14th Feb 2018, 05:44
Airbubba was General Lee on Flight info.

inverter
14th Feb 2018, 06:18
I see Airbubba is being given royally by intellect posters here, so I see no point trying to put him in his sad corner.
Thanks to all.
Inv

Emma Royds
14th Feb 2018, 10:09
For those that said that they will happily accept the allegations made against our colleague, if others provided credible information on this website, what would be stopping you carrying out your own due diligence? The research I carried out went far more in depth than relying on the screenshot that was circulated and this is what many have simply relied on. Any links I could provide would be useless if posted here, as the information is password protected, as I had to register to gain access. The information I obtained is detailed and surprisingly invasive but it was obtained through channels that are legal and open to anyone, should they feel inclined. It is up to us to inform ourselves appropriately and in turn formulate our own decisions and leave the squabbles to one side. Whilst I have made up my own mind based on what I researched, someone else could come to the opposite conclusion after viewing the very same information. This would be no different to what you would see with a jury in court. To wait for others to bring the information to the table and do nothing yourself, is akin to burying ones head in the sand and deny that this might have happened.

The fact that a person with such a criminal history could share a flight deck with us at EK, is a concern in its own right but this also affects our lives away from work too, with many of us having colleagues in the same neighbourhood. One of the good things about living in this place is that it’s relatively safe and secure and especially for kids. I don’t have any kids myself but I would hazard a guess that many families with kids here in Dubai are perhaps a bit more liberal with how much freedom they extend to their kids, than back at home. We have no union here and if this whole charade is true, then I can guarantee that the company will do all that it can to brush such an episode under the carpet, as is the modus operandi in this part of the world for anything remotely embarrassing. Whilst we alone will have next to nothing in the way of influence in shaping how the company could modify checks and processes for new employees, the one thing we can do on this website is to highlight and discuss any flaws that may exist with these current checks and processes. The internet is a powerful tool for communication and it is the number one thorn for the company in dealing with issues that they would rather forget. This issue of potentially having undesirable applicants ‘slipping through the net’ could be one that they would rather forget yet could be one that affects us all including our families.

Mr Mugabe
14th Feb 2018, 12:28
So tell us what is or is not the near truth please? After your normal childish and ego satisfying bull****!

BANANASBANANAS
14th Feb 2018, 12:49
A little unfair and harsh there I think Mr Mugabe.

Though I don't entirely buy the 'password protected' excuse for not posting details.

A screenshot of the relevant details would satisfy most of us I think Emma.

Emma Royds
14th Feb 2018, 16:18
With such a sensitive issue, I have from the outset attempted to post with with a degree of tact and diplomacy. If my posts are considered to be ego fulfilling and childish then I can assure you that is most certainly not my intention, yet I make absolutely no apology for what I have said on this topic so far.

The information I obtained was from a data provider and it is their business to sell data on individuals and companies to others. I availed myself of a trial period and I cancelled the trial after downloading what I wanted, so I paid nothing in the end. Not withstanding that, I don't see why I should potentially cause problems for myself by effectively distributing a product from elsewhere, which could be widely circulated and potentially being traced back to me. Also of note is the post made by Talparc which contained the link to the screenshot that so many of us have seen, seems to have been deleted already.

A crime involving a minor which is linked to an individual with the same name and DOB as our colleague, was recorded in San Joaquin CA with charges filed in August 2008 (as previously mentioned) and the same individual being placed on the California Sex Offenders Register with their ID number ending in 3770. That is as much as I am willing to post on here.

ironbutt57
14th Feb 2018, 17:19
With such a sensitive issue, I have from the outset attempted to post with with a degree of tact and diplomacy. If my posts are considered to be ego fulfilling and childish then I can assure you that is most certainly not my intention, yet I make absolutely no apology for what I have said on this topic so far.

The information I obtained was from a data provider and it is their business to sell data on individuals and companies to others. I availed myself of a trial period and I cancelled the trial after downloading what I wanted, so I paid nothing in the end. Not withstanding that, I don't see why I should potentially cause problems for myself by effectively distributing a product from elsewhere, which could be widely circulated and potentially being traced back to me. Also of note is the post made by Talparc which contained the link to the screenshot that so many of us have seen, seems to have been deleted already.

A crime involving a minor which is linked to an individual with the same name and DOB as our colleague, was recorded in San Joaquin CA with charges filed in August 2008 (as previously mentioned) and the same individual being placed on the California Sex Offenders Register with their ID number ending in 3770. That is as much as I am willing to post on here.

charges filed dont get one on the list, a conviction in court is required, and most likely cancelling of passport

misd-agin
14th Feb 2018, 17:50
You don’t lose your passport as a registered sex offender. You might be surprised if you went through every name of your seniority list.

A 2017 law -

The change by federal authorities will require child offenders to re-apply for passports that will contain the phrase, "The bearer was convicted of a sex offense against a minor, and is a covered sex offender pursuant to (U.S. law)." New passports issued to pedophiles will also bear the phrase.

Airbubba
14th Feb 2018, 18:06

He may have had the charges dropped for any number of reasons like mistaken identity or insufficient evidence. Or, he may have done a plea deal to avoid a felony conviction but still ended up on the sex offender list like this guy:

Pee-wee Actor Settles Kiddie Porn Case | PEOPLE.com (http://people.com/celebrity/pee-wee-actor-settles-kiddie-porn-case/)

And, as with most of us, there are several people with similar names in California. However, not many will have the same date of birth.

I can't blame Emirates, sometimes this stuff shows up on a quick records check, sometimes it doesn't.

A colleague of mine years ago told me that she had a termination hearing while she was on probation (first year, you don't have full union protection) at a U.S. airline. The company claimed that she lied on her application and had an arrest in Las Vegas for prostitution that she did not disclose. You know where this one's going.

It turned out that the descriptors in the arrest record and the mug shot did not match at all and the company apologetically put her back on the line. In the modern era she may have received a substantial settlement for the false defamatory accusation.

As someone observed here, it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for the company and everyone else if we take action on rumors, suspicions and partial information.

You don’t lose your passport as a registered sex offender. You might be surprised if you went through every name of your seniority list.

Sadly, every large airline has a few of these folks. An American Airlines pilot was sentenced to life in the big house last month for child sex offenses.

ironbutt57
15th Feb 2018, 04:07
very strange that early posters were vilified for mentioning the RUMOUR about a pilot exiting the flight deck "could destroy someones career mentioning it here" etc...etc...but later on we are talking about possible sex offenders... must have been an Austronut involved in the original topic

Jack330
9th Mar 2018, 11:04
Any news on this topic ? I've heard that both were fired, is that true ??

glofish
9th Mar 2018, 11:13
For a moment i thought i was on the Superwomen page.

Silly me, sorry! ;)

fatbus
9th Mar 2018, 11:45
FO is flying

desertcamel
10th Mar 2018, 00:00
Any news on this topic ? I've heard that both were fired, is that true ??

From a source:

The Captain was shopping for a job in Asia, but he was later turned down after discovering this event and his past life.

g109
10th Mar 2018, 03:56
GFrom a source:

The Captain was shopping for a job in Asia, but he was later turned down after discovering this event and his past life.

That’s great news, can anybody confirm the captain in question has been fired from EK?

fatbus
10th Mar 2018, 08:46
Why does it matter?

B78X
10th Mar 2018, 08:48
That’s great news, can anybody confirm the captain in question has been fired from EK?
He resigned.

Jack330
10th Mar 2018, 09:16
Actually does, yes