PDA

View Full Version : Smoking on Vietnam Airlines Cockpit

CM1A320
6th Feb 2018, 23:40
How to deal with the chain smoking of Vietnam Airlines pilots?
surely de CAAV doesn't mind, it can be smelt from business class and passengers wonder whats going on.

kimono1950
7th Feb 2018, 15:20
Nobody gives a **** about smoking in the cockpit in VNA !

B-757
7th Feb 2018, 23:47
How to deal with the chain smoking of Vietnam Airlines pilots?
surely de CAAV doesn't mind, it can be smelt from business class and passenger wander whats going on...I am assuming you are on the right seat ??..Just tell your Captain you will get a severe allergic reaction from exposure to nicotine..So if he still chooses to smoke just start a serious coughing feast, and if needed, throw in some convulsions etc..:)

Fly safe,
B-757

Captain Dart
8th Feb 2018, 04:04
Tell him that there is a good chance that he will eventually die a very slow and painful death from lung cancer.

iggy
8th Feb 2018, 04:39
Switch off the cabin fans.

Superpilot
8th Feb 2018, 11:10
Smoking in the flightdeck. The hallmark of every ****ty airline on the planet.

MajorLemond
9th Feb 2018, 02:15
Smoking the flightdeck. The hallmark of every **** airline on the planet.

Ain't that the truth :D

Chocks Away
10th Feb 2018, 00:09
Smoking the flightdeck. The hallmark of every **** airline on the planet.
Amen to that !
An airline with cockpit smoking is often accompanied with an incredible arrogance and over inflated opinions of their actual flying ability... safety is often compromised!
VNA should first concentrate on making sure their 787s have their gear up, especially climbing out of LHR! :ugh:

ia1166
10th Feb 2018, 11:41
Amen to that !
An airline with cockpit smoking is often accompanied with an incredible arrogance and over inflated opinions of their actual flying ability... safety is often compromised!
VNA should first concentrate on making sure their 787s have their gear up, especially climbing out of LHR! :ugh:

Care to elaborate?

kimono1950
10th Feb 2018, 13:58
It is not new in here. After an A321 and an A330 , why not leaving the gear down in the Boeing family ?

chai ja
10th Feb 2018, 15:22
Was there as an FO 7 years ago, and I was a smoker then, I loved it. Quit when I joined an airline in another part of the world, now back in Asia and it’s normal for someone to ask if you mind if they light up,m, I heard of a few ill mannered foreigners pissing off local FOs regarding this issue, thus jobless a few weeks later. Don’t know if there’s any truth in that though.
I think when I was in VNA, there was a rule about 1 cig per 30 min? But who adhered to that then ?? And for sure they’ll never change, let em’ be..

EagleA25
13th Feb 2018, 02:42
Smoking is still prohibited in all VNA aircraft; someone in another forum posted about the importance of being respectful flying as an Expat in SE Asia; where is the respect to comply with regulations and rules here, not to mention the non-smokers who do not wish to participate in the slow suicide..? :(

Chocks Away
13th Feb 2018, 08:22
"ia1166"... check the safety journals. French & German ATC not very impressed. I was in the airspace on one occasion.

krismiler
14th Feb 2018, 04:43
And what about Chinese airlines ?

k.swiss
14th Feb 2018, 09:29
Was there as an FO 7 years ago, and I was a smoker then, I loved it. Quit when I joined an airline in another part of the world, now back in Asia and it’s normal for someone to ask if you mind if they light up, Don’t mind it, just walk out the cockpit give the guy a few minutes. It’s their country, I heard of a few pig nosed foreigners pissing off local FOs regarding this issue, thus jobless a few weeks later. Don’t know if there’s any truth in that though.
I think when I was in VNA, there was a rule about 1 cig per 30 min? But who adhered to that then ?? And for sure they’ll never change, let em’ be..

Being an anonymous forum, I wonder if this is actually the widespread view of others in the aviation community?

Hope I'm wrong but would be interesting to see. :ugh: