PDA

View Full Version : Wizz Air Cadet BAA or going modular hoping for Ryanair?

edhelms
5th Feb 2018, 20:49
Hello guys, I'm finishing the PPL and now I don't know what to do. The plan was to go for the modular route hoping in a Ryanair call one day but now I have seen this BAA training program in Lituania which offer a job after the training if you pass the initial screening of course.
What do you think is the best choice? You have to consider that I'm Italian and I could have some chances to work based in my country and not with Wizz Air. Even the salary is lower with Wizz but you live in the eastern countries. The only thing of Wizz is that you are sure you will get a job at the end of the course.
What about the aircraft? It's better to start the career with the a320 or b737?

edhelms
6th Feb 2018, 08:05
You have the job now?

Officer Kite
6th Feb 2018, 16:10
Somewhat of a golden rule in aviation (or in any industry for that matter) is to always take the job you have rather than wait for the one you don't, and may never do.

What guarantees do you have of getting ryanair? They hire a lot for sure, but equally, they turn a lot away too, even with first time passes etc etc.

I think you're better off going with a cadet programme in any case, nothing can beat the peace of mind knowing you practically have a job waiting for you at the end.

As for types, I think the A320 rating is the more marketable rating to have on the CV, many I know also share the same opinion, there are certainly more 320s knocking about in Europe than 737s for sure anyway ... pretty much all national carriers use them and most major budget airlines (bar transavia/RYR) too.

Of course this is all subject to you even being given the offer for wizz, perhaps try and do that first then think more.

ReLooP
24th Jul 2018, 13:09
Hello everyone, I am at the same situation as "edhelms". I've started modular training and I got my PPL. Two weeks ago, I visited presentation about Wizz Air cadet program in my country Bulgaria. Shortly, you pay around 15000 E deposit for the first 5 months of training. Then Wizz offer you loan of 45000 E+ 20000 E(for TR). The integrated course is around 20 months, after you finish the course successfully you get the job as a First officer. From that moment you should repay the loan for 5 years.
On the other hand, the modular training here in Bulgaria will cost me 35 000 E, but the quality wont be the same as in Wizz. Also, nobody guarantee me a job at the end.
I am wondering which way to go..

Hope to see some opinions from you ! :)

emilio123
25th Jul 2018, 18:51
Hello everyone, I am at the same situation as "edhelms". I've started modular training and I got my PPL. Two weeks ago, I visited presentation about Wizz Air cadet program in my country Bulgaria. Shortly, you pay around 15000 E deposit for the first 5 months of training. Then Wizz offer you loan of 45000 E+ 20000 E(for TR). The integrated course is around 20 months, after you finish the course successfully you get the job as a First officer. From that moment you should repay the loan for 5 years.
On the other ha, the modular training here in Bulgaria will cost me 35 000 E, but the quality wont be the same as in Wizz. Also, nobody guarantee me a job at the end.
I am wondering which way to go..

Hope to see some opinions from you ! :)

What good is a job guarantee at an airline if you end up with thousands upon thousands of euro’s in debt?

I would rather pay cash for modular and wait a year longer to get a job than an integrated scheme with massive debt.

Officer Kite
25th Jul 2018, 20:55
What good is a job guarantee at an airline if you end up with thousands upon thousands of euro’s in debt?

I would rather pay cash for modular and wait a year longer to get a job than an integrated scheme with massive debt.

What good is making such a large investment and not taking the necessary steps to minimise risk and ensure a return on that investment?

What makes you think you will get a job in 1 year? There are thousands upon thousands of people in Europe with the license who have gone years with no job, it's an optimistic assumption matched with a brave decision to pursue a path with no job.

Nurse2Pilot
25th Jul 2018, 21:27
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.