PDA

View Full Version : Is this the reason for less new bizjets are being sold?

JammedStab
4th Feb 2018, 17:43
"The UK's Economist reports that business jets are becoming harder to justify and cites research by J.P. Morgan, an investment bank, where executive travel is cut by a third over three years at a company taken over by private equity firms."

Perhaps it has already been well-covered in this forum but.....

One has to wonder if the reason less bizjets are being sold is that the same amount of flying is being done by less jets. Five departments cut back on five of the same jets and it is all taken over by one or two fractional jets.

flyboyike
4th Feb 2018, 20:50
FWIW, The Economist has generally prided itself on its dour and pessimistic attitude. They would love to find data that makes waking up in the morning hard to justify...

Seriously, though, in the US at least, bizjets took a bit of a PR hit after the 2009-09 recession when they became a symbol of fatcat executives running their companies into the ground. I suppose aircraft becoming more capable and thus being needed in smaller quantities may be a factor also.

galaxy flyer
4th Feb 2018, 22:37
The 2005-2008 years were a huge bubble that put too many jets in the market, then years of slow growth in the economy is a better reason than the PE guys. There’s only so many buyers and it will be a while to absorb what turned out to be too much production.

GF

Right Hand Thread
5th Feb 2018, 21:40
Fewer.

Phil Brockwell
8th Feb 2018, 15:14
RHT, beat me to it!

CRayner
13th Feb 2018, 12:25
I think this is the least business jet I’ve ever seenhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMC_Leopard. Very few of ‘em too.