PDA

View Full Version : Alliance Airlines VIP Fleet

billykid
3rd Feb 2018, 02:13
I have noticed Alliance have purchased 2 "new" Fokkers with VIP configs over the past few months (VH-KBX & VH-VIF)

Does anyone know what they will be used for?

Will make the flights out to the mines a lot nicer!

continueapproach737
3rd Feb 2018, 08:41
perhaps gearing up for RAAF VIP fleet takeover... Fokkers regionally and domestically and 330 Internationally

Snakecharma
3rd Feb 2018, 11:55
I heard qf were negotiating to take alliance over.

I thought they were a listed company and would have to disclose the negotiations to the market, but i admit i am not wise to the ways of such things

TBM-Legend
3rd Feb 2018, 20:50
I thought they were a listed company and would have to disclose the negotiations to the market, but i admit i am not wise to the ways of such things

No disclosure of negotiations are required. Dozens of deals are looked at every day but only when consummated is disclosure made generally.

rammel
3rd Feb 2018, 22:46
If Alliance were negotiating with QF then that would really stuff VA up. Perhaps VA would need to get their own 100 seat aircraft, maybe an E190......

Snakecharma
4th Feb 2018, 04:09
Apparently there are some, already on the australian register, going cheap :)

hoss
4th Feb 2018, 08:39
And the last flight was yesterday, talk about timing.

airdualbleedfault
9th Feb 2018, 02:55
If I were an Alliance pilot I wouldn't worry about wearing a captain Stubing uniform just yet :cool:

LostProperty
9th Feb 2018, 04:07
I have noticed Alliance have purchased 2 "new" Fokkers with VIP configs over the past few months (VH-KBX & VH-VIF)

Does anyone know what they will be used for?

Will make the flights out to the mines a lot nicer!

Thought I read somewhere recently that the Dutch government was selling at least one VIP Fokker - might have been more. Alliance will own the lot soon.

krismiler
9th Feb 2018, 04:20
Just because they were purchased in VIP configuration it doesn't mean they will stay that way. There is a limited supply of these aircraft around and if operated in the VIP role they would be well maintained and not used too much. Strip out the interior, installation a standard configuration and away you go.

holdingagain
22nd Feb 2018, 07:19
Did I hear right, Alliance with 32 aircraft are branching out into boutique beer production. I guess should suit their VIP fleet. Might be a challenge with DAMP if they make it in the hangar corner

Icarus2001
22nd Feb 2018, 07:27
Just because they were purchased in VIP configuration it doesn't mean they will stay that way.

It probably does when the company announce them as VIP configuration though.

chimbu warrior
22nd Feb 2018, 07:44
A little birdie tells me that they just signed a deal with a Japanese tour operator (JTB I think) to operate daily flights from each of Brisbane and the Gold Coast to Ayers Rock.

Duck Pilot
22nd Feb 2018, 08:18
Shouldn’t be a shortage of type rated crews on the market looking for a decent paying job as well.

Going Nowhere
22nd Feb 2018, 08:44
Alliance Airlines signs partnership with Japan?s JTB | Australian Aviation (http://australianaviation.com.au/2018/02/alliance-airlines-signs-partnership-with-japans-jtb/)

krismiler
22nd Feb 2018, 09:15
Shouldn’t be a shortage of type rated crews on the market looking for a decent paying job as well.

I wouldn't think that Alliance pay particularly well but it might be enough to tempt a few Air Niugini pilots. It would be a nice "beer money" job for an older CX or EK pilot who's made his pile and wants to come home.