PDA

View Full Version : Why do most vegans appear to be female?

troppo
1st Feb 2018, 03:40
Are they the millennial version of the hairy armpit brigade?

Vegan activists, Direct Action Everywhere, vow to ramp up protests (http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/im-not-going-to-stop-vegan-activist-leader-vows-to-ramp-up-restaurant-disruptions/news-story/6fc20ba67be81a200b633703faa9e407)

Takan Inchovit
1st Feb 2018, 04:09
Bet you dont see them protesting at the kebab joint.

troppo
1st Feb 2018, 04:25
Bet you dont see them protesting at the kebab joint.

That's funny in so many ways :D

Ascend Charlie
1st Feb 2018, 04:47
They all look like they could use a good piece of meat...

troppo
1st Feb 2018, 05:09
A lot of the psuedo meat (that they even craft to look like real meat) is made from lentils.

I've had a problem with lentils since The Young Ones was on TV as a kid.

TWT
1st Feb 2018, 05:13
Ms Lee said the next protest would involve “shutting down a slaughterhouse” in coming days, with between 40 to 60 people expected to take part. “What we want to do is get between the animals and the blade,” the 33-year-old said. “That involves disrupting, so going inside.”There are legal ways to air your grievances, trespassing isn't one of them. If they carry on down this road someone will get hurt. And it'll be their own stupid fault.

Tolsti
1st Feb 2018, 05:24
you don't have to ask.... A vegan will always tell you they are

sitigeltfel
1st Feb 2018, 05:27
Ms Lee said the next protest would involve “shutting down a slaughterhouse” in coming days,Any bets that it will be a halal one?

ORAC
1st Feb 2018, 06:06
Well, apart from the odd transvestite, because they are?

INeedTheFull90
1st Feb 2018, 06:55
Vegans tend to be a specific demographic being young female millenials and beta males. Just look on Instagram. #vegan has a cult like following, just like the gluten free brigade has. Everyone is a special snowflake and an allergy (self diagnosed with zero evidence in most cases) gets you free oppression points these days.

Any bets that it will be a halal one?

Don't be silly. It's 2018 the year that classes wearing a hijab an 'empowering' to female rights so slitting an animal's throats and torturing it to death is probably progressive and it's us evil imperialist Brits with our world class animal rights who are the bad guys.

ExSp33db1rd
1st Feb 2018, 07:50
Don't worry, in a few years "experts" will tell us that vegetables are toxic, and everyone will go back to eating meat again. Remember Edwina Curry and eggs ?

CargoMatatu
1st Feb 2018, 07:54
In today's age of rising misandry, it's entirely appropriate that they don't eat meat! :rolleyes:

vapilot2004
1st Feb 2018, 07:59
Why do most vegans appear to be female?
Vegan males lack the protein intake for good muscle tone?

Or perhaps...too much soy milk (estrogen booster) leads to man boobs.

jolihokistix
1st Feb 2018, 08:07
misandry, related to asahidry?

Ogre
1st Feb 2018, 08:08
Any bets that it will be a halal one?

Nope it won't, and it won't be Kosher either...

Someone should remind vegans that the reason their front teeth are sharp and pointy is because generations of their ancestors ate meat.

But it's not cause celebre to tuck into a nice chop / shank / steak.....

mikemmb
1st Feb 2018, 08:12
In today's age of rising misandry, it's entirely appropriate that they don't eat meat! :rolleyes:

Tut Tut ..........regardless of what you actually mean, surely in todays society Misandrist is more appropriate language!

Ogre
1st Feb 2018, 08:17
Tut Tut ..........regardless of what you actually mean, surely in todays society Misandrist is more appropriate language!

Shirley it should be "Ms andrist"

pr00ne
1st Feb 2018, 08:22
At the risk of intruding on your casual sexism, the vegans that I know and am aware of are very similar to the mix of the population, i.e just a slightly few more females than males.

You do know that someone might be a vegan and you wouldn't know it?

NutLoose
1st Feb 2018, 09:24
They get their meat fix in other ways..... :cool::p

Carry0nLuggage
1st Feb 2018, 09:34
Could it be that they are more prone to Chronic Suggestibility?*

(*With thanks to Jeremy Hardy for that one)

surely not
1st Feb 2018, 11:03
Strange how you jump to the idea that Halal slaughterhouses might be targeted whilst forgetting to mention Kosher food which is also killed in a way that the activists would find repugnant?

I am happy to tolerate Vegans so long as they tolerate the fact I enjoy eating meat. If they cannot do that then they lose credibility.

eal401
1st Feb 2018, 11:21
Strange how you jump to the idea that Halal slaughterhouses might be targeted whilst forgetting to mention Kosher food which is also killed in a way that the activists would find repugnant?

I am happy to tolerate Vegans so long as they tolerate the fact I enjoy eating meat. If they cannot do that then they lose credibility.

I knew someone who was absolutely outraged and disgusted by the thought of halal meat and the "barbaric treatment" of the animals.

She was a meat eater and supported hunting. :ugh:

cavortingcheetah
1st Feb 2018, 11:30
To answer the original question correctly, one would have to cast aspersions upon the intelligence of the female species. As we are approaching springtime in the northern hemisphere and all the little lambs and calvies are getting ready to make an appearance, this would be a disillusioning sort of thing to do. So perhaps one should just leave the things as simple as they are and graze on a Trumpomac instead.

clareprop
1st Feb 2018, 11:35
you don't have to ask.... A vegan will always tell you they are

Imagine meeting a vegan pilot...:E

WingNut60
1st Feb 2018, 12:23
Worked with one "in-your-face Vegan" once - male. Nice enough guy but was all too eager to point out the errors of our carnivorous ways. Liked to tell tales of the kilos of rotting meat inside our guts (not his).
Liked to spend most of his spare time in the gym, etc and was physically well built / muscular in appearance.
He had high hopes of getting a job in the fire brigade which requires passing a fairly strenuous physical fitness tests to confirm the candidate can display a high level of fitness as well as muscular strength and endurance.
The entrance testing is conducted annually and you only get two or three goes at it.
This gent finally gave up when despite being able to pass the strength requisites he was simply unable to display the required endurance.
Strong as an ox, but kept running out of puff.

I can't say for sure that it was because of his diet, but I certainly think it was.

Blacksheep
1st Feb 2018, 12:38
...point out the errors of our carnivorous waysPersonally, I am neither carniverous nor vegetarian. As implied earlier, we humans do not possess teeth typical of purely carniverous mammals, nor do we have the teeth of purely vegetarian animals. We have something in between - omniverous teeth for an omniverous animal. I am as nature and evolution intended, an omniverous hunter gatherer.

NutLoose
1st Feb 2018, 12:53
I am as nature and evolution intended, an omniverous hunter gatherer.

At Tesco's

WingNut60
1st Feb 2018, 13:05
....... point out the errors of our carnivorous ways.His words, not mine.
And I'm just fine with the rotting meat too.

I am well aware that canine teeth serve many functions in nature, and many of those are not in any way related to meat eating.

Me, I'm a happy omnivore. Eat damned near anything but draw the line at (most) insects. Not really a food item, are they.

Lonewolf_50
1st Feb 2018, 13:16
Personally, I am neither carniverous nor vegetarian. As implied earlier, we humans do not possess teeth typical of purely carniverous mammals, nor do we have the teeth of purely vegetarian animals. We have something in between - omniverous teeth for an omniverous animal. I am as nature and evolution intended, an omniverous hunter gatherer. About a million and a half years ago people figured out that cooking food, to include meat, got them more nourishment. High protein diets fed larger brains. There's been some interesting research in comparing primates who spend all day gathering raw veg to eat, and the humans who get more nutrients and energy with cooked food (in variety).

1. Omnivore
2. Brain's need protein
3. There was a study a few decades ago, not sure how good it was, in a science mag I used to get. There was a correlation between malnutrition and mental growth. Not sure if such a study would be allowed in the current PC days, since the subjects were in Western Africa (and the point of the article was the price paid by the young for chronic malnutrition)

Fareastdriver
1st Feb 2018, 14:39
I'm a vegan. I eat reprocessed grass.

denachtenmai
1st Feb 2018, 15:29
If one is not meant to eat meat, why does it taste so nice?

Lonewolf_50
1st Feb 2018, 16:14
It does not necessarily taste nice for the price (http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/my-disappointing-meal-at-salt-bae%E2%80%99s-nyc-restaurant-cost-dollar1400/ar-AAvcW2G?li=BBgdrt0&ocid=ientp).

Granted, that article is about a first world problem, but tastes of meat vary. (Which is why I have a Weber grill, and am a participant in the Mil Aviation Forum Weber thread now and again. :) )

Una Due Tfc
1st Feb 2018, 16:28
I heard a chap talking on the radio a few weeks ago (he was Dutch I think). He had just created a burger in a lab using stem cells, cooked it and eaten it. He was very honest and said it was too dry and he hasn’t developed the ability to create blood vessels yet, which are needed for larger slices of meat such as steaks, but he says he’ll get there.

I love eating meat, but the fact is that farming is by far the largest contributor to climate change, and the way the population is growing, we need new ways to feed ourselves. If lab grown meat can be made to taste and cost the same without doing nasty things to our health like Ammonia washed meat in the States does, I’m all for it.

Ascend Charlie
1st Feb 2018, 16:47
The cows, sheep and pigs I eat are all vegetarians.

atpcliff
1st Feb 2018, 16:59
It is because women, overall, care more about others than men do, who, overall, tend to be more assholish. I was more of an asshole than I am now, and I'm trying to improve in that area.

Humans were designed to eat a wide variety of food. Unfortunately, since we decided that keeping our population to a reasonable level for sustainability on Our Earth didn't matter, we are now massively overpopulated. As a result, we will have to eat a lot less meat, or face the serious environmental consequences of our massive meat production.

I heard that a study showed if we reduced Our Earth's population to 2B, we could all live an OK life on the resources God has provided. My goal is 1B world population, which would make it easier for us, and we can have more stuff than if we're at 2B.

After more thought in the matter, and not feeling very well after a couple of meat catering meals, I am going to try and cut way back on my meat consumption. Also, the Vegans I know don't mention it unless you ask.

Namaste...

Pontius Navigator
1st Feb 2018, 19:32
Atpcliff, try dropping into the colonoscopy thread :)

SoundBarrier
1st Feb 2018, 21:20
I am as nature and evolution intended, an omniverous hunter gatherer.

At Tesco's

:} I love this post!

WingNut60
1st Feb 2018, 21:28
Humans were designed to eat a wide variety of food. Unfortunately, since we decided that keeping our population to a reasonable level for sustainability on Our Earth didn't matter, we are now massively overpopulated. As a result, we will have to eat a lot less meat, or face the serious environmental consequences of our massive meat production.

Time to have another look at Soylent Green?

yellowtriumph
1st Feb 2018, 21:45
It is because women, overall, care more about others than men do, who, overall, tend to be more assholish. I was more of an asshole than I am now, and I'm trying to improve in that area.

I heard that a study showed if we reduced Our Earth's population to 2B, we could all live an OK life on the resources God has provided. My goal is 1B world population, which would make it easier for us, and we can have more stuff than if we're at 2B.

After more thought in the matter, and not feeling very well after a couple of meat catering meals, I am going to try and cut way back on my meat consumption. Also, the Vegans I know don't mention it unless you ask.

Namaste...

How do you intend to reach ‘your’ goal of reducing the World’s population by 1 billion?

ShyTorque
1st Feb 2018, 21:52
Humans were designed to eat a wide variety of food. Unfortunately, since we decided that keeping our population to a reasonable level for sustainability on Our Earth didn't matter, we are now massively overpopulated. As a result, we will have to eat a lot less meat, or face the serious environmental consequences of our massive meat production

Maybe cannibalism is the answer....

EEngr
1st Feb 2018, 22:11
Look up the definition of 'soy boy'.

troppo
1st Feb 2018, 22:20

Wow. You learn something every day. I guess it is more pc than calling them the names we used to back in the day :}

Tankertrashnav
1st Feb 2018, 23:28
My daughter (age 40) was a vegan for about 10 years. She has now relaxed and will eat dairy products, eggs etc, but still does not eat meat, so I guess she is now "only " a vegetarian. What might surprise many on here is that far for presenting as a concentration camp inmate, she has always struggled to keep her weight down and is definitely on the large side. Personally I find militant vegans a PITA, but so do I find some of those who make sneering remarks about vegans on here.

ehwatezedoing
2nd Feb 2018, 06:55
How do you intend to reach ‘your’ goal of reducing the World’s population by 1 billion?

Chemtrails :}

treadigraph
2nd Feb 2018, 07:05

I must remember that for the next time I see a bloke riding his bike on the pavement. Particularly if there's a granny riding hers on the road...

chuks
2nd Feb 2018, 08:25
I had a friend who looked like a Maillol female nude come to life. Big, strong, "Junoesque" in a word, but a stone vegetarian who chose to subsist on a diet of weeds, roots, and fungus. In fact, that was one thing that made me decide not to pursue her, knowing that I'd probably come around with meat on my breath and spots of gravy on my shirt, to her horrified disgust. (I can be repulsive anyway, but that repulsive? Who needs it?)

So there's one vote for vegetarianism. That girl throve upon her weedy diet.

On the other hand, my daughter, who grew up big and strong, had a primary school boy friend, not yet a boyfriend but headed that way, who unwisely took up vegetarianism around age twelve, and got her into it too. That did not make me happy, but I chose to just wait that one out. (There's that thing with kids where whatever the 'rents get down on becomes all the more attractive. I was not going to fall into that trap!)

Vegetarianism then seems to have stunted his growth; he stopped with the meat but did not take care to source alternate proteins such as we made sure to give our daughter to eat. Our daughter ended up just a bit taller than I am, when I am relatively tall, while her boy friend is now the shrimp of his family, about half-a-head shorter than she is. He's not a dwarf the size of Bernie Ecclestone, but he's the runt of his family.

Their vegetable romance ended with a crisis in the dance club as she rapidly outgrew him. They were doing Latin formation competition dancing there, but he soon became unable to throw her around in the proper macho manner. He then had to find a tiny blonde who fit his size. That was it for some of their friendship and for pretty much all of her vegetarianism.

artschool
2nd Feb 2018, 08:56
Imagine meeting a vegan pilot...:E

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/pri_67303504.jpg?w=748&h=498&crop=1

so who is up for a pilot tattoo? :p

cattletruck
2nd Feb 2018, 09:07
Apparently vegetables scream when they are slaughtered, but it's at a level us mammals cannot perceive. But if you were a vegetable you would definitely feel the full horror of this injustice.

Vegans are simply vegecidal killers who get deep perverse pleasure in their actions.

Smashed avacodo - oh the invegetablesty of it all.

Takan Inchovit
2nd Feb 2018, 09:43
Ah yes, vegetablarian violence. The worst of the worst!

Blacksheep
2nd Feb 2018, 12:45
at Tesco'sTesco's what? Actually, we mostly use ASDA, TESCO is too far away. While we're at the shop I hunt for Highland Malt on special offer. (Aberlour at £20 a botlle, anyone?) while Missus gathers the meat and veg.
...comparing primates who spend all day gathering raw veg to eatActually, chimpanzees hunt, kill and eat other animals. The difference being that they don't have man's red fire so they eat it raw. A bit like bankers at a steak house.

NutLoose
2nd Feb 2018, 13:12
Actually, we mostly use ASDA, TESCO is too far awayYou do realise slapping her on the buttocks and going ching ching is likely to get you transferred to this thread..

https://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/604876-grid-girls-gone-formula-1-what-next-2.html

Ogre
2nd Feb 2018, 21:36
Shamelessly pinched from another thread:

https://i.redditmedia.com/wWkofcm810Dv7BvAh2LtDJxLIbw0rh9JskW4yKnzc2U.jpg?w=485&https://i.redditmedia.com/wWkofcm810Dv7BvAh2LtDJxLIbw0rh9JskW4yKnzc2U.jpg?w=485&

Fair enough everyone is entitled to their own opinions and views, but when you get stuff like this and the militant vegans you have to wonder how they can be so ignorant of the facts.

I have no problem with Vegans having their views and their selected lifestyle, just the same as I have no problem with Feminists, SJW, and LGBTIQ et al. However in every case I object to them laying into me because I obviously don't follow their agenda.

I have noticed a trend though is younger friends with children, where the child gets petulant about something and the parents let them away with it. When you have a four year old refusing to wear a left and right shoe from the same pair and Mummy lets them go out in public like that (attracting gasps of "how cute" and praise for showing independence at an early age) then to me that's just setting your child up for a life of hissy fits if they don't get their way. I guess it started maybe 20 or 30 years ago....

On the subjects of Vegans, we had neighbours where he was a Vegan and she was Vegetarian. After a while he became vegetarian as well because his wife told him she was sick and tired of pandering to his whim so either he ate the same as the rest of them or he made his own meals.

atpcliff
3rd Feb 2018, 00:59

My idea is if you are from a country that is a high resource user per person (like the US), or from a country with population growth, then each person is allowed to have half a child. If you are from a country that is a low resource user with negative population growth then each person is allowed to have one child.

The Pope and the religious groups that are anti-contraception and pro-lots of kids have to change...their views are immoral because of our overpopulation situation.

In poorer countries, getting everyone electricity and education women will cause a HUGE change in the number of kids being born.

We will actively change our population metrics in the future. In the meantime, the sooner we take action, the better off we all are. The longer we wait, the more chance we end up with a major resource war with millions being killed off...not the best solution.

We need global planning and cooperation to achieve the appropriate results, so it will take a lot of work.

Our Earth is WAY over it's carrying capacity...the sooner we realize this and take action, the less suffering we will experience.

SOPS
3rd Feb 2018, 04:32
I get it...the global warming...sorry climate change farce is running out of steam, so the next "big" thing is to get people to have half a child and find out other ways to wipe out most of the planets population, so we can save the planet.:ugh::mad:

Wingswinger
3rd Feb 2018, 06:25
Veganism - just another branch of cultural marxism and identitarian politics which has turned authoritarian.

Ogre
3rd Feb 2018, 06:55
I get it...the global warming...sorry climate change farce is running out of steam, so the next "big" thing is to get people to have half a child and find out other ways to wipe out most of the planets population, so we can save the planet.:ugh::mad:

Back in the days when the cold war had fizzled out and the global warning (as it was then) bandwagon had released the handbrake and pulled out into traffic, I saw a documentary about the new eco warriors. It drew an interesting comparison between the number of anti-war protestors declining and the rise of the "save the planet" brigade. The conclusion was that the same bunch who protested one had moved onto protesting the other without skipping a beat when one cause was seen to be over.

Professional protestors........

yellowtriumph
3rd Feb 2018, 07:22
My idea is if you are from a country that is a high resource user per person (like the US), or from a country with population growth, then each person is allowed to have half a child. If you are from a country that is a low resource user with negative population growth then each person is allowed to have one child.

The Pope and the religious groups that are anti-contraception and pro-lots of kids have to change...their views are immoral because of our overpopulation situation.

In poorer countries, getting everyone electricity and education women will cause a HUGE change in the number of kids being born.

We will actively change our population metrics in the future. In the meantime, the sooner we take action, the better off we all are. The longer we wait, the more chance we end up with a major resource war with millions being killed off...not the best solution.

We need global planning and cooperation to achieve the appropriate results, so it will take a lot of work.

Our Earth is WAY over it's carrying capacity...the sooner we realize this and take action, the less suffering we will experience.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Chronus
3rd Feb 2018, 17:07
Getting back to the original question.

Perhaps because most females prefer riding it rather than chewing it. For the sake of avoidance of doubt and clarity, that is within the meaning of equestrian pursuits of course.

G-CPTN
3rd Feb 2018, 18:59
Is it, perhaps, that more females express their dietary habits than do males?

Lonewolf_50
3rd Feb 2018, 20:35
The empty wagon rattles the most, which is why you hear so often from vegans.

Private jet
3rd Feb 2018, 21:37
I've followed the so-called "flexitarian" diet for several years. That means approximately in terms of days 30% Vegan, 30% Vegetarian, 30% carnivore & 10% any of the above as I see fit. I've never felt or been healthier. I follow it purely for health reasons and for me it works. If I had to make a choice between "regimes" I would err towards veggie/vegan. Nobody lives forever but it's more about health span than lifespan. You know the more I read this forum the more I'm convinced it's become the hiding place for some seriously bigotted self-righteous people. I don't have a problem with those that want to stuff meat in their mouths at every meal (most veggies/vegans don't care) but its not for me and a lot of other people so whats the point? Cheap pathetic points scoring. A lot of the "contributors" here are of quite advanced years, well I'm no snowflake. It's about time a lot of you finally f***ing grew up. By the way, meat production is the most inefficient form of agriculture there is and in the long term is totally unsustainable anyway,

troppo
4th Feb 2018, 02:11
Bigotry...like reverse veganism then? You don't see carnivores protesting at salad bars do you? Splashing chlorophyll all over a lettuce leaf and the like?
#plantshavefeelingstoo

feueraxt
4th Feb 2018, 05:42
Take a look at these muppets:

Vegan protesters storm steak restaurant in Melbourne's CBD (http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/vegan-protesters-storm-steak-restaurant-in-melbourne-s-cbd-20180129-p4yz0t.html)

Unfortunately, no protesters were harmed during the carrying-out of this demonstration.

Vegans are like atheists and poofters - they can't help but advertise themselves and their views.

jolihokistix
4th Feb 2018, 06:07
From the end of that article: “Protesters left the premises peacefully when asked to do so by the managers of the venue,” a spokeswoman for Victoria Police said.

Actually, they didn't, which is why the police were called.

jolihokistix
4th Feb 2018, 06:09
Like private jet above I am pretty flexitarian myself. But I guess that is close to what an omnivore is anyway.

Ripline
4th Feb 2018, 10:01
It's about time a lot of you finally f***ing grew up.

A fine sentiment, but there again, if we did, we wouldn't be spending a fine Sunday morning reading Jet Blast and giggling, would we? :)

I know, h, c & d.....

Ripline

galaxy flyer
5th Feb 2018, 00:09

Thomas Malthus called, he wants his defunct theory back.

GF

vaqueroaero
5th Feb 2018, 01:18
This makes interesting reading:

Let Them Eat Meat : Interview With an Ex-Vegan: Tasha (http://letthemeatmeat.com/post/3141542244/interview-with-an-ex-vegan-tasha)

troppo
5th Feb 2018, 02:24
This makes interesting reading:

Let Them Eat Meat : Interview With an Ex-Vegan: Tasha (http://letthemeatmeat.com/post/3141542244/interview-with-an-ex-vegan-tasha)

Not a bad read at all. I nearly stopped after the first sentence but glad I perservered.

My next question.

Why do most vegans look 'pasty'?

TWT
5th Feb 2018, 04:48
Take a look at these muppets:

Vegan protesters storm steak restaurant in Melbourne's CBD (http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/vegan-protesters-storm-steak-restaurant-in-melbourne-s-cbd-20180129-p4yz0t.html)

Unfortunately, no protesters were harmed during the carrying-out of this demonstration.

Vegans are like atheists and poofters - they can't help but advertise themselves and their views.

feueraxt, you're a bit late. That incident was described in the link in the very first post of this thread ! As for your anachronism describing gay men ...
:rolleyes: :yuk:. The world has moved on, I see you haven't.

chuks
5th Feb 2018, 06:13
I don't need to stuff meat in my mouth at every meal, but then, who does? I eat the stuff, sure, but not as part of some militantly carnivorous lifestyle, when veganism and vegetarianism are such things. I like a nice Greek salad now and then, but if you let me smell some souvlaki I might go for that instead.

It's nonsense to say that you follow a vegan diet if you don't follow a vegan lifestyle: either you are a vegan or you are not. No leather shoes, no eggs, no milk or cheese, and, at best, no rudely plucking some apple caught unawares from the tree. You should just wait there respectfully barefoot until it falls of its own accord, like a good little fruitarian vegan. You might die of scurvy that way, but then you will go straight to Heaven for having followed the purest of diets. Well, next to the macrobiotic diet, a sure death sentence in its ultimate form.

So I ate a windfall apple last autumn. Did that mean that right then I was following a vegan diet? Not quite ....

I recently attended a very small, very PC liberal arts college (university to you Brits). The serving line in the Dining Hall was an obstacle course with its normal food, its vegetarian and vegan offerings, and of course its gluten-free offerings. We normalos would laugh at the way everyone seemed to go for the fried chicken, though. Suddenly all those precious principles seemed to go overboard, fueled by untrammelled animal lust for delicious fats and proteins in the depths of a Vermont winter.

This trend towards naming of things: vegan, vegetarian, carnivore ... what should we call a person who claims to reside in the Delta of Venus? I passed through there once at the time of my birth. It was a nice place to visit, but I don't think I'd want to live there.

Pinky the pilot
5th Feb 2018, 08:05
Why do most vegans look 'pasty'?

Troppo; A Medico of my acquaintance used to claim (and still does AFAIK) that he could spot a Vegan as soon as they walked into his consulting room.:ooh:

His argument was that no matter even if they took the appropriate vitamin supplements, they always had a pale, pasty look about them!:=

Given the above, it does tend to make me wonder, considering the few vegans/vegetarians of my immediate acquaintance do indeed (to me anyway) look slightly pale in appearance.

My 2c worth.

jolihokistix
5th Feb 2018, 08:12
chuks mentions a small liberal arts college in Vermont. I can guess which one, as I also went to one around there, and experimented with a vegetarian lifestyle for a bit.
(But that was back at the time of the Vietnam War, a good few years ago.)

Uplinker
5th Feb 2018, 11:43
My daughter (age 40) was a vegan for about 10 years. She has now relaxed and will eat dairy products, eggs etc, but still does not eat meat, so I guess she is now "only " a vegetarian. What might surprise many on here is that far for presenting as a concentration camp inmate, she has always struggled to keep her weight down and is definitely on the large side.............

My guess is that her diet consists of too many carbs, and not enough protein or real natural animal fats?

If so, I strongly recommend that she (and others) read this book: “The Meat Fix” by John Nicholson. This guy thought he was eating healthily by only eating chick peas and soya etc., and no meat, (I think he was vegan), but he was extremely unhealthy and overweight. He went back to animal fats and animal proteins, and his health and body size were transformed.

Ancient Observer
5th Feb 2018, 13:44
The problem with threads like this is that people tend to make a meal of it.........

Mostly Harmless
5th Feb 2018, 23:51
Could it be that vegetarians tend to be very thin and females tend to pay more attention to their waist line than males?

WingNut60
6th Feb 2018, 00:22

I think the answer is within the question. Many of them simply appear to be female.

troppo
6th Feb 2018, 00:43

I think the answer is within the question. Many of them simply appear to be female.

There's that psuedo meat I was referring to :}

sophiabecker
6th Feb 2018, 08:41
Women don’t adore meat like men do....

keyboard flier
6th Feb 2018, 09:06
I know one or two who do. :E

Pinky the pilot
6th Feb 2018, 09:57
I know one or two who do.

Another lifetime ago, so did I.:E:{