PDA

View Full Version : BACF nibbling at BA

Jaq
31st Jan 2018, 20:19
I might be skeptical, but why doesn't the BA guys see what Cityflyer is doing?
BACF are now operating LGW domestic routes now. Cityflyer STILL ain't on the seniority list. Are the mainline guys blind?

wiggy
31st Jan 2018, 20:35
I thought this particular pot got stirred a week or two back...

Anyhow with mainline normal CAPS through the roof there’s no way those flights can be operated by mainline so it’s a case of somebody in the BA portfolio has to operate the slots until mainline recruiting catches up.

If BACF are still operating those routes instead of mainline next winter then maybe the subject is worth revisiting.

Capt Ecureuil
31st Jan 2018, 20:55
K.2.10 is the reference to save everyone searching.

31st Jan 2018, 23:00
Cityflyer STILL ain't on the seniority list
Ah. I believe I see the agenda here!

Just to calm people’s frayed nerves. City flyer will not be ‘bolted on’ to the Master Seniority list. (Though individuals are of course free to apply.) Nor will these LGW routes be permanently, farmed out to BACF.

(Incidentally, contrary to popular opinion, it ain’t BALPA that object to a merge, but IAG!!!)

Once the numbers of aircraft, and massive mainline pilot recruitment, is actioned, BACF will return to what they are great at. Which is flying ‘sub scope’ aircraft out of LCY and (sadly for mainline!) the regions.

They do a great job, with a great scheduling agreement! BACF is a great launch point for a pilot career in the airlines!

Wodka
31st Jan 2018, 23:35
Anyone heard a rumour that all pilots in BACF will once again be blocked from any mainline recruitment to avoid further chaos in BACF manpower planning? ... because they are not going to have another summer of 20 odd Captains putting papers in for mainline... so I hear?

ELondonPax
1st Feb 2018, 13:55
Cityflyer are not operating out of Gatwick. BA are sub contacting some services, and one of the companies they have sub contracted to is Cityflyer.

Enzo999
1st Feb 2018, 15:47
I might be skeptical, but why doesn't the BA guys see what Cityflyer is doing?
BACF are now operating LGW domestic routes now. Cityflyer STILL ain't on the seniority list. Are the mainline guys blind?

I am not sure I fully understand what you are getting at? Or what Mainline guys are blind about?

ELondonPax
1st Feb 2018, 15:54
My point being that this is exactly the same arrangement as when BA brought in Qatar (in 2017) and will bring in Titan and Aer Lingus (this year) to operate some BA mainline services.

Trossie
1st Feb 2018, 16:35
Does anyone here criticise Trump for 'protectionism'?

(What is a 'Master Seniority list'? Does that hark back to some time when ships' captains, 'Masters', might have been ranked by age, or in other words 'seniority'?)

Jumbo2
1st Feb 2018, 18:15
Trossie the MSL is everything apart from protectionism. It keeps things fair and transparent in BA, but I guess for outsiders it might be hard to see the fairness and transparency of the system.

I guess the BA Master Seniority List is a list on which you won't find any Cityflyer employed pilot in the future :O

Trossie
1st Feb 2018, 22:57
Ahh... Seniority lists.

I think that the last time one was proven to be really good was when Lt John Chard took command at Rourke's Drift as he was commissioned before Lt Gonville Bromhead. Powered flight started nearly a quarter of a century later.

wiggy
2nd Feb 2018, 06:49
(What is a 'Master Seniority list'? Does that hark back to some time when ships' captains, 'Masters', might have been ranked by age, or in other words 'seniority'?)

It’s a quaint term but it’s “Master” in the sense of overall control (overall seniority within the whole pilot body) rather seniority within a fleet..