PDA

View Full Version : "Black Mike", 43 & 111 Sqns RAF Phantom

peteandthira
30th Jan 2018, 11:05
Dear ex-43 and 111 Sqn aircrews,

RAF Phantom XV582, currently at RAF Cosford to be displayed (static) at RAF100 celebrations later this year, has been lovingly restored by a dedicated group of volunteers and ex-engineering staff. This group would like to know about any operational missions flown by this aircraft during her time at RAF Leuchars. Live QRA launches are of particular interest, especially those that resulted in an interception. Others could include any activity during Operation Pulsator.

We don't need personal details, so if any ex-F4 people here could take a look through their logbooks and let me know of any, the group would be extremely grateful.

(I was on 43 Sqn myself from1982 to 1984 and flew her 8 times, but sadly not on QRA sorties.)

Thank you for looking!

KELP

Fortissimo
2nd Feb 2018, 14:10
Hi KELP,

I have 2 sorties that might be of interest to your group, one being an engine fail and FIRE that nearly saw her jettisoned into the Minches. Second is a QRA live with 2 x Bear D and some photos to go with it.

I have tried to PM you but your account will not accept them at the moment - either because you have said you don't want them or because it's a new account. Let me know if you have changed your settings and I will re-transmit.

E L Whisty
2nd Feb 2018, 22:27
18 Feb 1975 IAF Scramble 43(F) Sqn 2 Bear D

peteandthira
3rd Feb 2018, 08:57
Hi KELP,

I have 2 sorties that might be of interest to your group, one being an engine fail and FIRE that nearly saw her jettisoned into the Minches. Second is a QRA live with 2 x Bear D and some photos to go with it.

I have tried to PM you but your account will not accept them at the moment - either because you have said you don't want them or because it's a new account. Let me know if you have changed your settings and I will re-transmit.

Thank you for that. My account is indeed a new one and opened only for this search! I don’t see any option to accept messages anywhere. Can you post more detail here, or to [email protected]? Many thanks.

peteandthira
3rd Feb 2018, 08:58
18 Feb 1975 IAF Scramble 43(F) Sqn 2 Bear D

Thank you for that, added to the list!