sheikhmahandy
30th Jan 2018, 04:23
Just a heads up. Went to collect someone from the airport and what used to be a

DHS 10 to DHS 15 pick up is now DHS 30. It is now DHS 30 for the first hour

(min), DHS 40 for 2 hours etc. Vat included! Sign of the times. More lube

required!!:mad:

sealear
30th Jan 2018, 09:26
That's if you can even pay for it. Most of the pay stations only accept "exact change", although I did eventually find one after half an hour that took a card......

aeropix
31st Jan 2018, 07:15
Will the new tariff reduce the amount of abandoned cars at the airport? Oh wait...nobody does that!

harry the cod
31st Jan 2018, 16:21
Not strictly true. Pick up is still free, just don't park. Been to Birmingham recently? £2 just to drop someone off outside the terminal. Manchester is minimum of £5 even for a ten minute park.

But yes, unfortunately the days of free parking around Dubai and free 30 mins parking at the airport are well gone.

Harry

cerbus
31st Jan 2018, 17:08
Like all the good deals in Dubai. There are all gone.
We used to get 50% off at a lot of restaurants, golf clubs and other good deals. Not so much anymore.
With our shrinking salaries and rising costs and not to mention our work load it is not worth staying at Emirates.

Joker11
2nd Feb 2018, 16:25
Like all the good deals in Dubai. There are all gone.
We used to get 50% off at a lot of restaurants, golf clubs and other good deals. Not so much anymore.
With our shrinking salaries and rising costs and not to mention our work load it is not worth staying at Emirates.

Amen! 2019 can not come fast enough for me. Thats my exit goal. The cost of living is simply to high to bear.