PDA

View Full Version : Renewing an IR(Restricted) - paperwork?

glush
29th Jan 2018, 20:43
Hi, I recently performed a renewal of a lapsed IMC Rating for a PPL holder. Having consulted my FE Handbook, I completed the SRG1176 and the applicant sent it off to Gatwick. Several weeks later and no sign of the re-issued licence with the re-instated IR(R) so the applicant phoned CAA and was told that they'd also need to submit an SRG1119C. This all seems quite strange, given that nowhere on the SRG1119C is there a box to tick to renew the IR(R). Can anyone please offer any pointers?

Many thanks...

memories of px
29th Jan 2018, 20:48
Had a look at standards document 25?

TheOddOne
29th Jan 2018, 22:10
We rang last week with a similar enquiry and were told to submit a 1125 in order to move the rating from the back to the front of the licence (along with the examiner's 1176, of course). Included a covering letter, nothing heard so far. Might give them another ring!

TOO

glush
30th Jan 2018, 07:56
Confusion reigns then...

I just rang the CAA and they've told me that although there is no place on the SRG1119C to 'tick' for the renewal of the IMC Rating, that I should hand write IR(R) into the space in section 6 of the form that says 'please specify including variants'. :ooh:

I asked if they have any plans to communicate this information out to examiners - they don't! :ugh:

Hope this information helps anyone else in this situation!