PDA

View Full Version : AOC question

Turkpilot1
29th Jan 2018, 18:08
Hi guys,

I have few questions regarding bizjet operation, and hope someone can answer my questions.

if I buy an airplane (light jet) and set up an air operating company in Denmark and put the airplane on an AOC from eastern Europe (EU country).

- Will the Danish CAA have an issue with that aircraft being based in Denmark and used for charter?

- What about the customers , will they not charter the airplane if they find out the airplane is not on a Danish AOC?

Hopefully someone can answer my questions.

CaptainProp
29th Jan 2018, 19:40
“Air operator company”? Do you mean a company that buys the aircraft? The fact that you have a corporate structure in Denmark that owns the asset makes no difference. But if you are talkiing about an operator as in company with a commercial aircraft operating license then you are talking about the same thing, an AOCin Denmark and the aircraft can not be operated on two AOCs / registrations.

Clients flying or not depending on country of aircraft registration or country where AOC is based? Who knows, but mostly it comes down to the quality of the product you are offering, cost of that product and connections. The charter market is razor sharp, flooded with operators and margins are tight.

CP

Turkpilot1
30th Jan 2018, 06:27
@ Captain Prop - sorry not being clear. What I meant is that if I want to start a company in aviation and offering charter and taxi flight based in Denmark, can I operating under someone else's AOC that is from another European country (Bulgaria for example).