PDA

View Full Version : Laura Plummer should she? shouldn't she?

crewmeal
28th Jan 2018, 07:11
There's a lot of press about this stupid girl who got caught smuggling Tramadol into Hughada and ended up in jail with a 3 year stretch. Now the press think Sisi is about to pardon her on the anniversary of the Egyptian revolution.

Should she server her time or be pardoned? No doubt she'll try and make a fortune trying to sell her story about life in an Egyptian jail. I won't bother posting what the tabloids say.

UniFoxOs
28th Jan 2018, 08:09
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

handsfree
28th Jan 2018, 08:20
Whether she is pardoned or not is Sisi's decision.
I have not a lot of sympathy for her as it is hard to believe that she was unaware that
she was breaking the law by what she was doing.
She got caught, tough.

rog747
28th Jan 2018, 08:36
her local BF knew full well what he was asking her to do was illegal even if she did not - cannot understand why the egyptians have not arrested him too for aiding and abetting or have they?

how did she manage to get 300 Trams anyway?
GP's here do not give these away that easy unless you have a severe pain control issue so how did she get them?

am amazed she's been released - but then again egypt need their tourism industry back

VP959
28th Jan 2018, 08:38
I've no sympathy for her at all. Drugs and medicines are very tightly controlled in the UK, and everyone knows the three categories, freely available over-the-counter anywhere, only sold with the approval of a pharmacist, or prescription-only. Tramadol are very definitely prescription-only, and a controlled drug as well, and to get hold of them she must have deliberately lied in the first place (or bought them illegally on the street).

She knew these were a controlled drug before she tried to get hold of them, so her argument that she didn't realise she was doing anything wrong rings just a bit hollow.

There seems no doubt at all that she broke the law here in the UK (she obtained a controlled drug by deception) as well as in Egypt.

rog747
28th Jan 2018, 08:42
these silly bints who do anything for abit of eastern promise - when will they learn

DaveReidUK
28th Jan 2018, 09:26
No doubt she'll try and make a fortune trying to sell her story about life in an Egyptian jail. I won't bother posting what the tabloids say.

I don't have a problem with her making a few bob from the DM if that serves to dissuade others from doing what she did.

yellowtriumph
28th Jan 2018, 09:43
I've no sympathy for her at all. Drugs and medicines are very tightly controlled in the UK, and everyone knows the three categories, freely available over-the-counter anywhere, only sold with the approval of a pharmacist, or prescription-only. Tramadol are very definitely prescription-only, and a controlled drug as well, and to get hold of them she must have deliberately lied in the first place (or bought them illegally on the street).

She knew these were a controlled drug before she tried to get hold of them, so her argument that she didn't realise she was doing anything wrong rings just a bit hollow.

There seems no doubt at all that she broke the law here in the UK (she obtained a controlled drug by deception) as well as in Egypt.

You and Rog747 have asked a very valid question that the main stream media appear not to have asked - how did she get hold of these prescription only drugs anyway? Maybe we haven't been reading or watching the right media and the answer is out there.

crewmeal
28th Jan 2018, 09:47
don't have a problem with her making a few bob from the DM if that serves to dissuade others from doing what she did.

Agreed Dave but sadly I believe the heart rules the head in many cases.

Maybe we haven't been reading or watching the right media and the answer is out there.

Without trawling the net my guess is you can get any prescription drugs from eBay etc.

rog747
28th Jan 2018, 09:57
press says the BF who she actually married (he's muslim so can take a 2nd wife) did a bunk back to his wife in Luxor and not been seen since

she's a terribly naive and very stupid woman - if she's released then she's extremely fortunate this did not go worse for her

we used to see many single ladies board flights for Banjul and Montego Bay Bodrum and Sharm el Sheikh etc all off to see 'their local lovers' who were waiting for them there - yeah right - next!

Fareastdriver
28th Jan 2018, 10:00
An example

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Painkillers-tramadol-50mg/253392289438?hash=item3aff5b7e9e:g:5UEAAOSwh21abLcQ

UniFoxOs
28th Jan 2018, 10:28
SWMBO used to have them on regular prescription, but only took them when the pain was bad. As a result there were probably 1000 stockpiled when she died. I am advised that there are a number of localities where I could easily have got a quid a tablet for the, the dealer would probably retail them at about a fiver. I sent them back to the chemist.

VP959
28th Jan 2018, 10:33
An example

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Painkillers-tramadol-50mg/253392289438?hash=item3aff5b7e9e:g:5UEAAOSwh21abLcQ

That's a link to a informative book, not drugs, so quite legal.

Ebay do not allow the sale of controlled drugs on their site, AFAIK.

rog747
28th Jan 2018, 10:35
That's a link to a informative book, not drugs, so quite legal.

Ebay do not allow the sale of controlled drugs on their site, AFAIK.

the ebay lister IS selling the pills - see the photos!!

VP959
28th Jan 2018, 10:42
SWMBO used to have them on regular prescription, but only took them when the pain was bad. As a result there were probably 1000 stockpiled when she died. I am advised that there are a number of localities where I could easily have got a quid a tablet for the, the dealer would probably retail them at about a fiver. I sent them back to the chemist.

By the same token I have a regular prescription for codeine phosphate, for a shoulder pain condition that flares up every few weeks, but it's an "on demand" prescription, reviewed every 6 months. I take them as required (haven't taken one for around 3 weeks now) and only take the repeat chit in to the pharmacist when I get down to about 1/3rd of a packet remaining. The doctor suggested I have 56 x 15mg on the prescription, I said I'd rather it was only 28, as I didn't want loads of them hanging around. It's a system that seems to work OK, and means I don't have stockpiles of them building up.

The daft thing is that I had exactly the same problem with my left shoulder a few years ago and it was fixed with a bit of keyhole surgery, as a day patient, plus loads of physio. Since then the NHS rules have changed, and I can't get the same surgery for the right shoulder until it gets a lot worse. In the mean time I have to put up with a cortisone injection into the joint every three months or so and painkillers for the times when the cortisone starts to wear off. I'm tempted to find out how much it is to get it done privately, TBH.

VP959
28th Jan 2018, 10:44
But the description mentions books and the seller has zero feedback, so I very strongly suspect they will get taken down within the next day or two.

VP959
28th Jan 2018, 10:50
But the description mentions books and the seller has zero feedback, so I very strongly suspect they will get taken down within the next day or two.

The seller only seems to have put the listing up today, so is probably just a chancer.

Be interesting to see how long it stays up before eBay take it down, though, maybe their systems aren't good enough to pick these things up that well.

Sallyann1234
28th Jan 2018, 10:51
It's a ripoff. The picture is a book, and that's what you will get. 'No returns accepted'
Buy it and see.

chevvron
28th Jan 2018, 10:54
When you go to the Gambia on holiday, the tour guides often ask you to send any unused prescription medicines to them. They are apparently given to a central depot where they are distributed equally .
Yeah I believed it too.

VP959
28th Jan 2018, 11:03
It's a ripoff. The picture is a book, and that's what you will get. 'No returns accepted'
Buy it and see.

I agree. The other giveaway is this statement in the description:

50 tramadol tablets,50mg doses, more available on request, also have books on zopiclone, and diazepam on other listing my PayPal account is not currently working on this account but have another PayPal account postage is first class signed for any information required please message me.

So he joined Ebay on 13th January and has two items for sale, this "book" plus this other "book": https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sleeping-pills-7-5mg-x28/253392055689?hash=item3aff57ed89:g:IeAAAOSwZFdabLHX

Now, why is his PayPal account not working, and why does he want you to deal with him using another account?

I'm dead certain he's either just a chancer, trying to sell controlled drugs illegally, or he's a scammer who will take the money and run.

Dan Gerous
28th Jan 2018, 11:21
Looks like it has now been removed. That listing was far to dodgy anyway,"different paypal account"! Doesn't matter whether they accept returns or not, if they are a business seller they have to accept returns, and there are always other ways to get your money back.

Pontius Navigator
28th Jan 2018, 11:36
VP, don't know how you got your shoulder problem but mine was jiggered on an overnight transatlantic in a 777 and awkward sleeping position. Took chiropractor and monthly shoulder massage. Took about 14 months.

After 8 months free risked another TA overnight in a 787. Took an isle seat, thankfully all OK.

VP959
28th Jan 2018, 12:22
VP, don't know how you got your shoulder problem but mine was jiggered on an overnight transatlantic in a 777 and awkward sleeping position. Took chiropractor and monthly shoulder massage. Took about 14 months.

After 8 months free risked another TA overnight in a 787. Took an isle seat, thankfully all OK.

It's a genetic thing, I've been told. Apparently my shoulders grow bony spurs and these close the gap right where a big tendon runs. The tendon then gets inflamed and the shoulder gets painful and seizes up. The cortisone treats the symptoms, by reducing the inflammation, but as soon as it wears off the tendon gets inflamed again and the problem recurs.

The left shoulder was treated quickly and easily, by a surgeon going in and essentially using a thing like a Dremel to shave off the errant bits of bone. This is like a "magic bullet" fix, in that 48 hours after the surgery I had no pain and full shoulder movement. The 6 months of physio were to correct my posture, as my back was twisted as a consequence of favouring my right shoulder for a year or so.

I'm 100% certain that the same fix would sort the right shoulder out, as is my GP, but the operation isn't now on the list of approved treatments, partly as I'm now retired (so it's not affecting my work) and partly because the symptoms can be alleviated for a couple of months with a cortisone injection and some painkillers. If you're curious enough, there's a YouTube video showing the procedure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLd9yBiK3RA

VP959
28th Jan 2018, 12:25
Looks like it has now been removed. That listing was far to dodgy anyway,"different paypal account"! Doesn't matter whether they accept returns or not, if they are a business seller they have to accept returns, and there are always other ways to get your money back.

Glad to see that Ebay are on the ball.

It must be a massive job scanning millions of listings every day trying to spot the dodgy ones. I guess it's inevitable that some dodgy listings stay up for a few hours until their system finds them.

Pontius Navigator
28th Jan 2018, 12:36
VP, only heard about bone spurs when my son in law had them on his feet.

VP959
28th Jan 2018, 12:46
VP, only heard about bone spurs when my son in law had them on his feet.

From chatting to the surgeon this particular problem is pretty common, I think he said he did three or four of these operations a week, just grinding off bits of bone.

Just like that YouTube video, it seems they routinely record all these operations, and he did give me a DVD showing what he did inside my shoulder, which was very similar to that video above, except I seemed to have grown what looked like two small volcanoes of bone in that space, both of which he just "Dremelled" off. That was around 8 years ago now, and since them my left shoulder has been absolutely fine, so the treatment clearly seems to work well.

yellowtriumph
28th Jan 2018, 13:03
A search on Google says that when asked about where she got them from she simply says she 'got them from a friend'. I think she's an extremely lucky girl to be coming home.

VP959
28th Jan 2018, 13:08
A search on Google says that when asked about where she got them from she simply says she 'got them from a friend'. I think she's an extremely lucky girl to be coming home.

I guess that's shorthand for "a street dealer"..............

Trossie
28th Jan 2018, 15:51
Maybe she should be greeted back this end by Mr Plod asking her to come aside for a while to answer some questions.

crewmeal
30th Jan 2018, 05:16
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5454177/laura-plummers-pardon-withdrawn/

Oh dear lol. Perhaps the Sun pardoned her not the President.

Loose rivets
30th Jan 2018, 15:19
I think this followed on from VP's original link. What a super mini lecture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pYxFNUG0Kg

My wife discovered the Frozen Shoulder Clinic in north London. Since then they have taught people all over the world. GP said two years of pain. They fixed it in about 6 months. 4 or 5 visits. Getting fluid in the bursa was one aim. DO NOT manipulate a frozen shoulder. As in, osteopath pulling it about.

Pal with Honda Fireblade and Type R Honda, high-sided his machine at 30 mph. 8' in the air a witness said. Anyway, the last string that holds his collarbone down broke with a hell of a bang when they were lifting him in hospital. It sticks up like another head trying to grow out of his shoulder. :eek: