PDA

View Full Version : Read this and 'weep' for the poor girl.

chevvron
27th Jan 2018, 10:52
People are praising Dublin hotel owner's decision to ban bloggers | The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/dublin-hotel-blogger-ban-social-media-influencer-elle-darby-the-white-moose-cafe-a8168116.html)
Can't be bothered to get a 'real' job so she uses YouTube to invent a 'pretend' one then tries to sponge off everyone using threats of bad publicity.

Pinky the pilot
27th Jan 2018, 11:00
Well done that Hotel owner!:ok::ok:

treadigraph
27th Jan 2018, 11:31
Yeah I've been watching the story. If ever I go to Dublin again I will be staying at that hotel.

What an entitled little snowflake she is. :yuk:

So, all this free stuff she "earns", how does she pay tax, NI, etc?

chevvron
27th Jan 2018, 11:53
And how does she pay for the botox trout pout?

WingNut60
27th Jan 2018, 12:45
Looks like a touch of pink-eye there.
Need to take her out of the stubble paddock.

Wingswinger
27th Jan 2018, 13:42
Good to see people calling time on such features of the age in which we live. An entitled millennial snowflake gets her comeuppance. Between this and Jordan Peterson I feel the tables turning.

charliegolf
27th Jan 2018, 14:18
Amazing that she didn't have the smarts to keep her trap shut and move along after getting the heave-ho. She just called down a world of shaming. Which is good.

CG

VP959
27th Jan 2018, 14:52
Some of the hotel owners videos are hilarious. Here's one of them from nearly a year ago that could have been aimed directly at this daft bint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xXbjVZW9HM

charliegolf
27th Jan 2018, 16:10
[QUOTE=VP959;10033247]Some of the hotel owners videos are hilarious. Here's one of them from nearly a year ago that could have been aimed directly at this daft bint:

Veep, it was aimed at her, because (if not an imposter) he's the hotelier who called her out...

CG

Oops, nope, he was laying the groundwork for her (missed the year ago bit)

VP959
27th Jan 2018, 16:34
I think the most staggering thing is that this daft bint thought she could blag four free nights at a hotel by spamming loads of hotels with the same email, and doing absolutely no research at all as to who she was sending these spam emails to.

If she had even glanced at this hotel's website, or looked at some of their own social media, before sending that flurry of spam email begging letters, she could have saved herself a load of grief.

Some good has come from it, though. Apparently the hotel has had loads of great free publicity and there's a touching story on their own website about a young couple who had just been made homeless and had pre-paid to stay for a night in his hotel. They supported his action in banning bloggers, he found out that they had just been made homeless, and refunded their room charges, so they got to stay for free.

Tone
27th Jan 2018, 19:08
If I understand this correctly the girl attempted to get a free stay by threatening to blackmail the hotel. Would this not be ever so slightly dangerous? A bit like insulting the waiter before your food is brought out.

ChocksAwayChaps
27th Jan 2018, 19:11
Hopefully, her career as a freeloader is now over.

Gertrude the Wombat
27th Jan 2018, 19:17
If I understand this correctly the girl attempted to get a free stay by threatening to blackmail the hotel. Would this not be ever so slightly dangerous? A bit like insulting the waiter before your food is brought out.
More reasonable perhaps is the practice of some hotels which give you a 5% discount if you promise to write a review afterwards, over which they have, of course, no control. Personally I CBA with this, but my wife can, and the 5% is worth a drink or so.

VP959
27th Jan 2018, 19:32

Having looked at a few of her videos, she's a thick as shit snowflake, who thinks that she's orders of magnitude more significant than she really is. She promotes brands, as a "fitness, beauty and lifestyle" vlogger.. As a sign of her status, it's notable that she seems to spend a lot of time supporting Primark ..................

BTW, it seems she sent exactly the same spam email to around 20 hotels in Dublin, and not only did she not bother to check out any of them before doing this, she also referred to them all as "stunnng".

Now, those that know Dublin may well be aware of what the area is like around the White Moose Cafe and the associated hotel, the Charleville Lodge (which has a 3 star rating, BTW). For those that don't, let's just say that Phibsborough is not the most salubrious part of the city.

treadigraph
29th Jan 2018, 10:41
Interesting item on fake social media followers; sorry it's behind a paywall...

Paul Hollywood deletes Twitter account after being asked about 'fake followers' (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/28/paul-hollywood-deletes-twitter-account-asked-fake-followers/)