PDA

View Full Version : EK GR 1 jailed in Manchester

White Knight
25th Jan 2018, 00:12
Guess he thought it was easier to get heroin into the UK than a couple of bottles of red back through EGHQ:ugh:

Air steward smuggled heroin on Dubai to Manchester plane - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-42808489)

crewmeal
25th Jan 2018, 05:31
A good job it wasn't Singapore or Saudi. It would have been curtains for him. Stupid greed fool!

SOPS
25th Jan 2018, 05:51
Good jod he didn't get caught with them in Dubai.

givemewings
25th Jan 2018, 07:56
Has to make you wonder though, how he got them out of Dubai.

Either the authorities knew about it and let it go on to the UK to get him on a smuggling charge rather than possession,

Or whoever was on the x-ray machine was doing something else (like looking at Facebook or Whatsapp perhaps?)

Not like it doesn't happen as you pass through, let's be honest. I once went through and counted how many passed through after me before the officer on duty actually looked back at the screen. Six went by before there were eyes on screen again. I imagine it's not much different for the hold baggage, human factor is always there

And yes I did report it and you all know what reply there was....

pilotguy1222
25th Jan 2018, 09:09
And yes I did report it and you all know what reply there was....

Nice to know that you care more about the company than your fellow employees.:rolleyes:

motley flight crue
25th Jan 2018, 09:24
Who gives a crap about a heroin smuggling cretin.

givemewings
25th Jan 2018, 10:08
pilotguy,

after observing this same lapse on multiple occasions, yes I did report it, precisely because I DO care about my colleagues. The ones that are trusting that the security staff are doing their jobs and not looking at Facebook when they are supposed to be monitoring their screens. On the occasions that I observed, anything could have been in the cabin bags that went past while old mate was updating his Whatsapp status and not focused on the job a hand. The 'anything' I was concerned about was not so much a few kg's of heroin but rather a few hundred grams of something that goes boom.

There are ways of reporting lapses in safety without identifying individuals. Anyone who's made a report properly knows that.

And given where most of the Group Security screening officers in Departures come from, both you and I know the likelihood of anything seriously happening to them even if they were individually reported is pretty close to nil. Wasta ring a bell? So yeah if making a de-identified safety report for the purposes of pointing out a hole in the cheese is ratting out someone, then Squeak Squeak!

SOPS
25th Jan 2018, 13:02

I sort to have to agree. I asked the dogs...is it walk time? Their tails hit the ground wagging....

There is life beyond
b
d

smuggling drugs

Enos
25th Jan 2018, 17:24
[QUOTE=SOPS;10031231]I sort to have to agree. I asked the dogs...is it walk time? Their tails hit the ground wagging....

And then SOPs sat down and posted on prune while drinking yet another glass of wine while the dogs looked patiently on, knowing that they'd be off on one of those wobbly walks again.

No only teasing, it's lucky that train handles like it's on rails.

I hope that cretin gets all that's coming for him.

No one sets out to get addicted to anything but unfortunately so many families get distroyed by people like him, he gets rich and the family gets life.

UAE jail UK jail I'm not sure which would be worse, hopefully he'll be befriended by a lifer that will "look after him"

Enjoy and nothing personal SOPs nice weather down under in Perth the other day 👍

Take Care

parabellum
25th Jan 2018, 22:53

Well, he has well and truly screwed it up for EK crew arriving into the UK for some time to come, 'lessons have to be taught!' - the arriving (and possibly departing crews) can expect rummages as and when customs feel like it.