PDA

View Full Version : Easy Portugal Salary - DEC

Sallytraffic
24th Jan 2018, 10:07
Hi,

Please can anyone give me some info re what earnings can be expected for a DEC in Portugal?

I have been told different figures from different sources and I'm yet to find a definitive answer.

Please feel free to PM if you're not happy sharing info on the thread.

Many Thanks

My names Turkish
24th Jan 2018, 10:23
I'm yet to find a definitive answer.

There isn't a definitive answer. The salary can hugely depend on your marital status, number of children, centre of economic interest, time spent in the company which increase loyalty bonus, and the level of performance bonus in a given year.

I'd recommend contacting a local accountant with your personal details and the gross expected salary. I believe the company are reluctant to quote net figures as it is a complicated subject. Many of the pilots have used Van Doorn in Lisbon and they are very familiar with all the issues, numbers, charge sensible money and speak english. You'll find them on Google. They can offer good advice.

As an aside, the gross figures quoted have been understated this year in my experience, i.e the actual amounts earned have been higher than advertised. With various bonus granted (including loyalty for those around more than two years) the Captains have been grossing in the mid €140Ks.

Daz80
24th Jan 2018, 12:48
EasyJet don't pay differently. But Portuguese tax differes a lot. As an example, as a captain in Portugal with your approx. gross monthly salary of €10,000-11,000 and you have a child. If your partner doesn't work you'll take home €600-650 more than if your partner doesn't work.

As Turkish says, first year gross is mid €140k. Assuming worst case local tax and social security you'll be looking at high 70k low 80k net. If you have children maybe add 5-10k to the net annual figure.

My names Turkish
24th Jan 2018, 13:13
Does Easyjet pay it's pilots different amounts whether they are married, have kids etc?

Apologies, I understood the poster was looking for net figures. The gross figures easyJet supplies are honest, even slightly understated.

As stated earlier, this year with a slightly above average performance bonus most Captains were in the mid €140K range.

volare_737
25th Jan 2018, 07:02
Would you guys know if Easyjet has taken on guys with an ICAO validated licence, or do they not even look at thats ?

My names Turkish
25th Jan 2018, 09:52
I'm pretty sure they don't, I think an EASA licence is a requirement on the list of requirements on the recruitment page.

dirk85
25th Jan 2018, 15:47
You are required to have an UK EASA license before you start your OCC course, as simple as that.
Or a German License if you are based in Germany (impossible to convert German medical to UK apparently).

volare_737
26th Jan 2018, 01:34
Ok - Thanks for that. Are all there aircraft UK registered, no matter what country they are based in ? So once one got an UK EASA licence there should be no problem to be based an any other country ?

Denti
26th Jan 2018, 02:20
No, easyJet is currently in the process of registering 110 of its planes in austria to make sure it can operate within europe post brexit. However, with an EASA license you can operate on any plane registered within the EU without any problems.

kriskross
27th Jan 2018, 12:35
Don't forget the Swiss registered ones as well, but they do move back and forth on the UK and Swiss register occasionally.

South Prince
28th Jan 2018, 08:59
You are required to have an UK EASA license before you start your OCC course, as simple as that.
Or a German License if you are based in Germany (impossible to convert German medical to UK apparently).

Then the Germans (government) should be thrown out of Europe and EASA. This is not acceptable. What is ECA and other unions doing about this?

sarah737
28th Jan 2018, 09:56
Think you misunderstood...
There is no reason to convert your licence, any EASA licence, including the German, is valid everywhere in EASAland.
It is easyJet who should be taken to court for not accepting non UK EASA licences!

FlyingStone
28th Jan 2018, 10:41
I wouldn't be so harsh on easyJet here. The core problem is that EASA allows national CAAs to make their own rules when it comes for a licence entries.

Example 1. You have a UK licence and UK TRE, the LPC is successful, TRE enters new validity of the rating in the licence, rostering is notified of the new validity, story finished.

Example 2. You have a licence from an EASA member state, and a foreign TRE (still EASA, but has licenced issued by other member state). You do the LPC, but your CAA deems foreign TREs not capable enough to write couple of letters and numbers on the licence, so you have to submit all the paperwork to them, wait couple of weeks and they send you the new licence, which you then send to rostering.

See the difference?

dirk85
28th Jan 2018, 14:32
Then the Germans (government) should be thrown out of Europe and EASA. This is not acceptable. What is ECA and other unions doing about this?

The German privacy law does not allow the transmission of medical private data to another country, which is a requirement in order to get a medical in another country, that's the problem.

Denti
28th Jan 2018, 14:59

Well, there is a huge loophole as currently there is no clear EASA rule what information has to be transferred in which form between local authorities to accept another countries license and transfer it into the other authority. As the CAA has a very different idea on that than what the german authority is able to do, there is an impasse. The LBA simply cannot transfer data it doesn't have in the first place (due to german privacy laws).

There is currently an NPR up by the EASA about that issue, but until that is turned into hard EASA regulation it will take some time. As far as i'm aware both VC as the german union as well as ECA are working on that issue, but a solution is not expected anytime soon. And easyJet now does accept german licenses, at least for those joining from airberlin, no idea if its now a general rule though. However, they require those joining to renew their rating on their own before they join if it is valid for less than 60 days from date of joining.