PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate SLF - Serial Stowaway

b1lanc
23rd Jan 2018, 00:17
Reminds me of the original Airport movie in 1970 with Helen Hayes - she even looks a little like her. At least 10 times arrested. Have to wonder how many times successful - this time she made it on BA from Chicaco to London. Maybe she gave some lessons to the brothers that boarded the same Tokyo flight recently. Bad enough to get past TSA that many times (who needs a news crew), but to get on board...

Serial stowaway arrested again at Chicago's O'Hare airport | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/19/serial-stowaway-arrested-again-at-chicagos-ohare-airport.html)

Load Toad
23rd Jan 2018, 03:39
I wonder quite how she gets through check-in, immigration, customs & the gate....

If she can....

Hotel Tango
23rd Jan 2018, 07:20
Well, she doesn't need to check-in. If you read the article it says that she went through security at the domestic terminal and then took a shuttle service to the International terminal. There's no immigration or customs control outbound from the USA. All she has left to do is get by at the gate. When I see the commotion at gates boarding busy flights it's not that difficult to sneak by. All doable in the USA.

ExXB
23rd Jan 2018, 08:59
There is a document check at Security that she seemed to have avoided.

Hotel Tango
23rd Jan 2018, 17:58
I can testify from a personal occurrence involving a member of my family at an airport in Florida less than a year ago (domestic flight btw) that this document check can also be circumnavigated if one chooses the right moment. In our case there was no deliberate intention. It just happened during a busy period when the agent was temporarily distracted, as was said member of my family who didn't realise they had sailed through unchecked. Said person did a 180 to ensure that the check was performed and to get the appropriate "mark". It could well be she simply waited until a chance presented itself.

Load Toad
24th Jan 2018, 02:10
...this is so reassuring.

ExSp33db1rd
25th Jan 2018, 06:24
Just shows what a monumental waste of time the whole TSA thing is. Did she have to take off her shoes before boarding ?

konaman
25th Jan 2018, 22:27
so how did she get on a BA plane?