PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring

Mizuno boy
22nd Jan 2018, 21:13
Hello,

Can anyone with good info advise on which international airport is closest to Nurburgring. From my research it looks like Cologne (EDDK) is Frankfurt Hahn (EDFH) and option?
As always all help appreciated.

Cheers

MB

atakacs
22nd Jan 2018, 21:45
What kind of aircraft are we discussing here? Do you need ILS or is your requirement only about customs availability?

Mizuno boy
22nd Jan 2018, 22:20
Large Bizjet, require all weather capability, customs and 6,000feet of runway for departure.

Thanks
MB

His dudeness
23rd Jan 2018, 06:45
Go for Hahn I´d say. EDDK is crowded, (bloody airportslots required) plus the traffic around the airport is a nightmare most of the times. It most certainly is also more expensive, should that be a factor.

Hahn is right in the middle of the outback and the drive to the Nürburgring is still going through the middle of nowhere. (our version of the flyover states - called the Eifel))

Great place to ride motorbike btw.

There is none other big/CAT II/III airport closer than the 2 you mentioned.

space-shuttle-driver
23rd Jan 2018, 08:25
If you as a crew won't go to the Nürburgring track, then chose Cologne. The is nothing, I say again, NOTHING to do in Hahn for an overlaying crew.

His dudeness
23rd Jan 2018, 10:44
The is nothing, I say again, NOTHING to do in Hahn for an overlaying crew.

Well, there is plenty of nature around. Which I personally would prefer over Cologne. Where I´d strongly suggest not to be on the streets later in the night.

atakacs
23rd Jan 2018, 12:05
Not much to add to previous posts - given your requirements those are your best bets.

You might also consider LUX/ELLX if for whatever reason the previous two don't work for you.