PDA

View Full Version : pilatus pc 12 it is a good idea?

liftman
22nd Jan 2018, 11:35
Hi all,

after some experience in aviation, would like to land in a GA job. thinking about PC12 rating and then possible flying as freelance or maybe employed full-time, personally I think it will have a great develop in Europe due to recent IR-SE rules.

What do you think about that?

I chose Fly7 for rating, any opinion? alternatives?

what next
22nd Jan 2018, 13:27
What do you think about that?

The same as always: Never ever buy a rating (for whatever type) without having a signed work or freelance contract first. Otherwise you will end up begging for the worst possible jobs just to keep that rating current.

The PC12 is certainly a good aircraft with not much competition in the market for years to come, but I don't see (yet) many of them operated commercially in central Europe. And I can't imagine this to change quickly. Typical business passengers want to see two engines without propellers on anything they set foot in. And ideally with a cabin in which an average European business passenger can stand up without hitting his head somewhere. And this will not change any time soon.

dan1165
22nd Jan 2018, 14:12
Never ever buy a rating (for whatever type) :ok:

chevvron
23rd Jan 2018, 03:16
Very popular in the south of England; usually 3 or 4 on the ground at Fairoaks normally with 'fractional ownership' clients like Jetfly, (Luxembourg registered they tend to keep one at Fairoaks [LXERG] permanently) but one or two privately owned too (MYBLS, MARTY, MAMAN).
Jetfly also operate TBM 700s and 850s.

His dudeness
23rd Jan 2018, 06:39
personally I think it will have a great develop in Europe due to recent IR-SE rules.

I´m not too sure about that, but then, what do I know.

However, IF you think you need to buy a rating (and thus make it harder for everybody else) then you should at least make a comparison by of what the "going" rate for an inexperienced F/O vs. the rating itself is. Additionally, IF I´m not outdated here, a -23 TP can be flown single hand, whereas a Jet - and be it the minute Mustang - requires 2 crew in a commercial ops. This will definately will have an impact on the paid rates.
If your desire is to stay within the TPs, then the presence of that unducted fan is okay, IF you would want to fly something with Jets on, the experience gained will mean nothing to most operators although that is stupid. But thats the way it is.

space-shuttle-driver
23rd Jan 2018, 08:29
.....but I don't see (yet) many of them operated commercially in central Europe.

JetFly in Luxembourg operates quite a bunch of PC12s. I suggest you get in contact with them, they recruit on a regular basis. They seem to have a good reputation and you won't need to relocate. Also, they might provide the rating, albeit with a bond.

chevvron
23rd Jan 2018, 21:34
JetFly in Luxembourg operates quite a bunch of PC12s. I suggest you get in contact with them, they recruit on a regular basis. They seem to have a good reputation and you won't need to relocate. Also, they might provide the rating, albeit with a bond.
Jetfly always operate 2 crew in/out of Fairoaks and have several English pilots flying for them; as I said they seem to keep one aircraft at Fairoaks (like NetJets keep a couple of aircraft 'down the road' at Farnborough) as they get quite a bit of trade from there.

Fried_Chicken
24th Jan 2018, 10:25
European Aircraft Private Club also seem to be growing (think they have four PC12s) and are based in Belgium

FC

chevvron
25th Jan 2018, 02:15
Another PC12 at Fairoaks is owned and flown by chap in his 80s. He has to have a 2nd pilot when flying IFR but VFR is allowed to fly solo.

KeyPilot
27th Feb 2018, 04:32
Hi guys and gals,

We're currently looking for two PC-12 pilots from anywhere in the world for a corporate. Great pay and roster.

Click on banner at top of this page (refresh if you don't see it!) or PM me or go to endeavourflightops (http://www.endeavourflightops.com)

Cheers,
KP

Cambridge172
27th Feb 2018, 07:35

Just a point of note - Jetfly are not a 'commercial' operation, it's private Fractional Ownership. They are not operating to the new EASA SET-OPS rules. That winds up a few competitors legitimately flying old King Airs on legit AOCs sometimes.