PDA

View Full Version : How many monarch and airberlin did recently join ek?

flareflyer
20th Jan 2018, 03:21
Just for curiosity.
It also seems we had zero new joiners on 380 in december and january

Jack330
20th Jan 2018, 05:51
Around 10 to 15 joined qatar on 330, some were offered 320 but after they rejected the offer they were assigned 330, all starting in Feb to April 2018, a few started in jan.

Monarch Man
20th Jan 2018, 07:27
I couldn’t possibly say, I do know however I did sent samples of the last 4 years of rosters to various people. None of them joined

donpizmeov
20th Jan 2018, 11:35
Love ya work Monarch.

Wingman82
20th Jan 2018, 11:50
Also Air Berlin pilots did not consider ek as an option. Majority went to Ryanair and easyjet to stay in germany. Even my friends from AirBerlin told me they rather enjoy unemployment benefits than applying for ek or other carriers in the sandpit.

flareflyer
20th Jan 2018, 12:25
Well our management shiuld really be proud of the great job they did.....
Shameful......

buttonmonkey
27th Jan 2018, 20:45
I left Monarch only 3 years ago after many years I don't know of anyone that's coming. That's from a group who badly need a job, any job. Any job but this one..

gnarlberg
27th Jan 2018, 21:12
AB pilots prefer Turkish and China... guess there is not a real run towards EK since there was no invitation or fast track... only roadshow was from Qatar so far. And I guess with EY its not that easy... little tension there...

LHR Rain
28th Jan 2018, 00:56
So many jobs out there worldwide. Why would anyone come to EK? We are pretty close to the bottom of the barrel now.

glofish
28th Jan 2018, 02:55
First hand from a close friend formerly AB:
It's not Dubai, not necessarily the salary that would put them off, no.
It's mainly the stuff ups by AAR: 90h+ rostering, days off in row inhibited, leave rarely fully awarded and not when desired.

I was just contacted by him two days ago inquiring about the customs punishment. As i had to confirm the scam, he said that would have been the last nail in the coffin, even if he'd be without a job offer (which he is not, although not in aviation .... and i don't blame him).

As someone else already stated: Well done EK management!

crewmeal
28th Jan 2018, 06:58
It can't be any worse than Ryanair!!!

Alloy
28th Jan 2018, 07:36
I’m ex-ZB, was sent a fishing email from EK. EK was and is at the bottom of my list of airlines I would consider due to one simple reason, lifestyle, or rather lack of quality life opportunities if employed by EK.

I’m not aware of any ex-ZB staff who joined this time (a fair number of ex-ZB pilots joined in 2015, some were shafted by EK having taken DEC).

GillEx737
28th Jan 2018, 07:53
I met a guy the other day who's joining from Monarch, was visiting a mate here before the move. Said there's a few guys who have come with him that he knows of but most managed to stay in the UK which was their preference. Think all of them were snatched up pretty quick.

APU_inop
28th Jan 2018, 12:22
It can't be any worse than Ryanair!!!
Proper fixed rosters, living in Europe, no night flights, very short time to command, very few layovers. I can see why some would prefer Ryanair although it's very far from being perfect.

SOPS
28th Jan 2018, 12:52
Ans Im fairly sure, for all its faults, Ryanair does not control your whole life...in EK, your whole life is controlled.

fatbus
28th Jan 2018, 13:57
So many have had big airplane syndrome and now the reality has slapped them in the face!! Their sh!t bucket filled way faster than they had expected, overall numbers are not increasing, read into that whatever you like.