PDA

View Full Version : EASA LPC on NON EASA aircraft

MoneyforMooney
19th Jan 2018, 14:47
Hi there,

Can anyone of you out there help in finding a regulatory support to justify an LPC for EASA TR conducted on non-easa airplanes? Thx

Whopity
19th Jan 2018, 18:57
an LPC for EASA TR conducted on non-easa airplanes?There would not be an EASA TR for a non-EASA aircraft!

If EASA do not list it as a Type it would be an Annex II aircraft.

Looking at the proposed EASA Examiners Handbook NPA 2014-29 it states:
1.19 Testing and checking on Anex II aircraft
Examiners should consult the applicants’ competent authorities to determine whether an Annex II aircraft may be used for the skill test, proficiency check or assessment of competence.

1.20. Testing and checking in third countries
Examiners should consult the applicants’ competent authorities to determine
whether skill tests, proficiency checks or assessments of competence may be conducted in third countries.

1.21.Testing and checking on third-country aircraft
Examiners should consult the applicants’ competent authorities to determine
whether skill tests, proficiency checks or assessments of competence may be conducted on third-country aircraft.

This indicates there are no EASA limitations.

rudestuff
19th Jan 2018, 21:48
Do you mean EASA registered?

BEagle
20th Jan 2018, 13:49
Whopity, operation of certain Annex II aircraft for Commercial Air Transport does fall within the requirements of the Basic Regulation.

For example, the Ju52 is listed in the EASA Type Ratings and Licence Endorsement List even though it is an Annex II multi-pilot aeroplane.

Arewerunning
25th May 2021, 15:17
I am not sure if it is exactly what the thread starter was inquiring about but: is it possible to perform an EASA CB IR skill test (initial, obviously) on a third country aircraft?

thanks
arewerunning

Stan Evil
19th Jun 2021, 17:24
Whopity's quote is out of date - it mentions Annex II aeroplanes, which are now Annex I aeroplanes, and there have been changes to the allowable use of Annex I aeroplanes in the past couple of years. For Class Ratings, Annex I aeroplanes can only be used if they are 'on the books' of an ATO or DTO. For Type Ratings, unless it's on the EASA Licence Endorsement list, it can't go onto an EASA licence.