View Full Version : nightlife?

bottle2throttle
14th Jun 2001, 03:22
This question is intended for pilots who have flown from Air desert pacific california.

What is the nightlife like in La Verne?
What is the accomadation like?
Women?

Iain
14th Jun 2001, 04:03
Although I did not live in La Vern I lived in that area (closer to the beach) for 6 years. The closest thing that was any good to La Verne was the masterdome which was where a lot of raves where held. You can get around the basin pretty quickly, so you should find plenty to do. On the weekends you can ski and surf in the same day (especially with a plane), there are plenty of clubs around, cinema's, the drinking is not very good there though. You have to be 21!

Strangely Brown
14th Jun 2001, 12:55
b2t
What are you going to ADP to do? Are you hour building or doing a PPL. I spent 3 weeks there last November hour building but only 2 nights at La Verne as I took the aircraft away. If you are hour building I would advise you to do the same as La Verne is not the worlds most exciting place. Get a car if you can afford it, otherwise you may feel marooned.Let me know if you need more.
SB

Simon W
14th Jun 2001, 13:27
What are the aircraft like at ADP? Reasonably clean or rusty wrecks?

Simon

[This message has been edited by Simon W (edited 14 June 2001).]

Strangely Brown
14th Jun 2001, 15:15
I can only comment on the singles(PA28). Same as most schools - some are better than others. If you're not happy with a particular aircraft you have to speak up and they will change it. Most seemed to be quite well equipped. I couldn't find anywhere cheaper in the USA for hour building at $49.00 per hour wet if you booked for a 100 hour block. They refunded fuel at $2.00 per gallon which was slightly below the average cost of about $2.30. Hope this helps