PDA

View Full Version : Dolores O'Riordan

Uncle Fred
16th Jan 2018, 07:30
Surprised that no one mentioned her death. Liked her voice. Did not follow her personal life other than to hear of her getting the boot from a flight in JFK for being nasty, but not having reached 50 is indeed too young.

Jhieminga
16th Jan 2018, 09:03
I for one will be listening to some of her albums today. I spent quite a bit of time with The Cranberries' first two albums on my walkman back in the 90s but didn't follow all their released stuff. I later discovered her solo albums and quite liked those as well. A sad loss.

SpringHeeledJack
16th Jan 2018, 09:07
Yes, indeed too young at 49. She (and the group) were effectively the voice of the 90's for many music fans back then. Apparently she suffered from bi-polar and had chronic back pain from which she tried to escape once before, this time successfully.

Andy_S
16th Jan 2018, 10:55
Yes, indeed too young at 49.

46, in actual fact. Still a shock to hear the news yesterday, you donít expect them to pass away that young.

Iím not a fan of theirs per se, although I did like some of their singles and I thought she had a very distinctive voice. I had a look back at their discography and was surprised just how many hit singles they had.

Itís not been a particularly good couple of weeks for the music industry. Producer Chris Tsangarides passed away recently, as did ĎFastí Eddie Clarke, last surviving member of the original Motorhead.

jindabyne
16th Jan 2018, 11:03
In November 2014, O'Riordan was arrested and charged in connection with air rage on an Aer Lingus flight from New York to Shannon. During the flight she grew verbally and physically abusive with crew. When police were arresting her after landing, she resisted, reminding them her taxes paid their wages and shouting "I'm the Queen of Limerick! I'm an icon!", headbutting one Garda officer and spitting at another.[37] Later she told the media that she had been stressed from living in New York hotels following the end of her 20-year marriage.[38] The judge hearing her case agreed to dismiss all charges if she apologized in writing to those she injured and contributed Ä6,000 to the court poor box.[37]

Very Saintly.

trident3A
16th Jan 2018, 11:57
46, in actual fact. Still a shock to hear the news yesterday, you donít expect them to pass away that young.

Iím not a fan of theirs per se, although I did like some of their singles and I thought she had a very distinctive voice. I had a look back at their discography and was surprised just how many hit singles they had.

Itís not been a particularly good couple of weeks for the music industry. Producer Chris Tsangarides passed away recently, as did ĎFastí Eddie Clarke, last surviving member of the original Motorhead.

No way, I just re-watched the Anvil movie the other day in which Chris features

reynoldsno1
17th Jan 2018, 00:05
Great voice - seems as though her battle with her inner demons has been lost
as did ‘Fast’ Eddie Clarke, last surviving member of the original Motorhead.
RIP Eddie - though Larry Wallis was the original guitarist...and is still going