PDA

View Full Version : Rwandair info please

bianchi
13th Jan 2018, 13:11
Hello All,all the best for 2018.

Can anyone please share info on Rwandair as expat capt working for them? I believe that Kigali is very neat and clean with friendly people.

Thanks a lot.

4runner
14th Jan 2018, 23:10
It WAS a good job. The Spanish came in and made a Spanish mafia boondoggle of it. It didn’t really recover. If you’re on the 737, it’s still probably an “ok” gig. The pay and rotation are not up to current standards found elsewhere. Pay is on time, the staff(except for travel) are an absolute pleasure. The country is a very pleasant, clean and safe place. The people are very proud and optimistic, but can be xenophobic(even amongst themselves). But that’s the natural progression of our careers. Nothing is constant, always changing...there are possibilities for upgrades if you’re an FO. However, this can be very political and subject to the whims and fancies of whatever regime is in flight ops. Did I mention the Thpanith were horrible?

bianchi
15th Jan 2018, 06:33
Thank you for your reply.

CentreOfExcellence
15th Jan 2018, 13:50
4runner speaks the truth. Every word is correct. Kigali is one of the nicest little cities in Africa. There are definitely expat cliques that you will either learn to navigate or get frustrated with.

I'd add a caution on dealing with the local population. Don't mistake a quiet, reserved nature for politeness. Due to many obvious circumstances, people behave differently in Rwanda. There is a strong inner rage that can manifest in many different types of passive aggressive behaviors. Tread lightly with the locals. Know their history and learn to adapt. Offend the wrong person and you will likely never know other than a personal lack of progression.

4runner
15th Jan 2018, 17:21
The Naija Ninja speaks the truth as well and adds insights that I’m not eloquent enough to communicate.