PDA

View Full Version : Harrier XV741

grobbling about
12th Jan 2018, 08:47
Travelling home from Her Majesty's Tonka base in deepest, darkest Norfolk yesterday. I was held up just outside the camp gates by a convoy carrying a very nicely restored Harrier GR1 XV741 in its guise as Tom Lecky-Thompson's 1969 DM Air Race jet. I assumed that the aircraft had been being resprayed at Marham prior to an RAF 100 display but a google check on arrival home indicated that Jet Art Aviation Ltd have been restoring the aircraft. I was under the impression that they had there own facilities. Has anyone any idea why it was at Marham and where it was going?

frodo_monkey
12th Jan 2018, 14:38
AFAIK Serco painted it.

consub
22nd Mar 2019, 20:35
Travelling home from Her Majesty's Tonka base in deepest, darkest Norfolk yesterday. I was held up just outside the camp gates by a convoy carrying a very nicely restored Harrier GR1 XV741 in its guise as Tom Lecky-Thompson's 1969 DM Air Race jet. I assumed that the aircraft had been being resprayed at Marham prior to an RAF 100 display but a google check on arrival home indicated that Jet Art Aviation Ltd have been restoring the aircraft. I was under the impression that they had there own facilities. Has anyone any idea why it was at Marham and where it was going?
I think it is on loan to Brooklands for RAF100

57mm
23rd Mar 2019, 14:24
I watched Tom do his vertical t/off from St Pancras for the race. The noise was epic; afterwards I had a grin from ear to ear, was covered in coal dust and decided to join up. :ok: