PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Singapore

jackdaniels
9th Jan 2018, 10:44
Hello,

I'm planning to move to SIN (with family).
Looking at these airlines for a non-flying management job:

-JETSTAR
-SCOOT
-SILKAIR
-SIA

I'm looking for an attractive work environment with positive people and a growing airline. Can someone advise what are the benefits (school/house and other allowances).

Appreciate if you can tell me something also about medical coverage and school qualities.
thanks
JD

The Dominican
9th Jan 2018, 11:15
Great place to live, clean and safe..... Now, be clear that you will NOT be saving any money! All will go in just living there. "The Garden City" has a pricetag to go along.

parabellum
9th Jan 2018, 21:34
Looking at these airlines for a non-flying management job:

The airlines tend to be self sufficient with locals for most management jobs, the one non flying area I have seen them employ expat professionals is PR.

Metro man
10th Jan 2018, 05:50
Even SIA aren’t giving expat packages anymore, all terms are local. Private school will set you back SG$2000 per child per month, local schools good but getting increasingly expensive for non citizens and permanent residents, check ministry of education website.

Medical care excellent but not cheap.

Airlines in the Middle East would probably offer the package deal you’re after.

HH Chan
10th Jan 2018, 11:24
Nice place...but dont buy a car. Rent a simple aprtment...

JammedStab
10th Jan 2018, 16:00
No typhoons, no earthquakes, no winters. But.....they have an air quality problem at certain times of the year thank to the neighbour.

The Turkey Slapper
13th Jan 2018, 07:27
Moving to Singapore soon for a new experience, any idea on best place to camp at ?

bringbackthe80s
13th Jan 2018, 09:52
Turkey slapper are you going to fly a biz jet? or an airline?

HH Chan
13th Jan 2018, 12:04
Moving to Singapore soon for a new experience, any idea on best place to camp at ?

Geylang..:O

krismiler
14th Jan 2018, 00:43
Bayshore Park is very popular with aircrew.