PDA

View Full Version : Aeroflot 737 SVX-SVO fire on board

Kulverstukas
9th Jan 2018, 08:24
Moscow. January 9. INTERFAX.RU - A plane from Yekaterinburg landed safely in Sheremetyevo with malfunctions in electric wiring.

Flight attendants of the "Boeing", going from Ekaterinburg to Moscow, coped with a small fire in the cabin during the flight. This was reported to Interfax on Tuesday by a source in emergency services.

"Before landing in the Sheremetyevo Boeing 737 flight attendants found sparkling and smoke on the ceiling in the salon in front of the cockpit door and with the help of a fire extinguisher tried to cope with the fire. But after a while the wiring again began to spark, and flight attendants had to re-apply fire extinguishers ", - the interlocutor of the agency said.

Meanwhile, plane managed to land safely in Sheremetyevo.

After landing the passengers were evacuated, and the aircraft was suspended from further flights, the source of the agency added.

Kulverstukas
9th Jan 2018, 11:37
09.01.2018 00.21msk su1415 В737, vq-bwa, uuee

Kulverstukas
9th Jan 2018, 20:54
Source claimed that it was some "video surveillance device" that catches fire.

OldLurker
9th Jan 2018, 21:15
Aviation Herald:
Incident: Aeroflot B738 near Moscow on Jan 9th 2018, video system acts as sparkler (http://www.avherald.com/h?article=4b36c104)

core_dump
9th Jan 2018, 21:48
And yet there are folks who cry for wingtip cameras to be retrofitted every time there is a ground incident.

Frequent_Flyer
9th Jan 2018, 23:19
Lucky them that it was something that cabin crew could take care of and contain it!
When I was a flight attendant for a major Asian airline, I once discovered a buzzing noise in the ceiling of the plane. It sounded like electrical circuit or wiring overloading (just my guesstimate). We called one of the pilots to see, but he was very reserved about it. Just advised to keep observing. Luckily nothing happened but we logged it before disembarking.

Carbon Bootprint
10th Jan 2018, 00:11
Source claimed that it was some "video surveillance device" that catches fire.As also noted in the AV Herald article. Is it possible this might be a mistranslation of a reference to the IFE system? Otherwise, what type of "video surveillance" system would likely be aboard?

Bend alot
10th Jan 2018, 01:19
The cockpit door security camera at a guess - would likely be on-board. It would be fitted in/near the location described in the first post.

kristofera
10th Jan 2018, 02:10
Some aircraft/airlines have in-cabin cameras that can be used from the flight deck. Maybe Aeroflot have those?

Volume
11th Jan 2018, 12:33
And yet there are folks who cry for wingtip cameras to be retrofitted every time there is a ground incident.
nobody cried for a 230V powered camera... A 5V USB Camera would neither spark nor burn.

Smdts
14th Jan 2018, 21:45
They can and do. It wouldn't be 5v anyway you can only run 5v a few meters before volt drop would see to it not working. I see poorly designed dangerous cameras every day at work but hopefully ones fitted to an aircraft would be designed to be fail safe.