PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian 737 FO take home pay

afterburner2
8th Jan 2018, 20:27
I was wondering if any current Norwegian 737 FO based in the U.K. Would be willing to share their take home pay? I've seen the figures on PPJN, however I'm unsure as to if those figures are before or after tax, and also how much of the per diems are in your pocket at the end of the month?
Many thanks

afterburner2
8th Jan 2018, 21:18
Thank you for sharing. That's much appreciated.

EIFFS
9th Jan 2018, 05:37
The taxation of per diems is changed from the 1st January 2018 back dated to April 2017 ( start of the UK tax year) awaiting full details but it will result in an increase in net pay.

A and C
9th Jan 2018, 08:58
You are totaly correct in that the Per deims are now to get tax relief at source but this should not affect the total remuneration package as this would have been claimed back from the HMRC when you put in your tax return.

Any one asking about take home pay should be very careful, this depends on an individuals tax status in the U.K. and will never be accurate except for that individual, best look at the pre tax remuneration and then your own tax liability if you want an accurate number.

A and C
9th Jan 2018, 16:34
That is correct if you do not put in a tax return you will see an increase in take home pay because previously you would have been not claiming the tax relief on your night stop you expenses.

The bottom line is that by not putting in a tax return you would be giving the HMRC money............ not something I like to do !

Avenger
10th Jan 2018, 13:05
To get "tax relief at source" you need a UK tax code, in other words you will be filling a tax return although it is under the PAYE system and normally employers do this via their online submissions.

Enzo999
10th Jan 2018, 18:24
what are the exact details regarding this tax relief? I have never know HRMC to willing give relief on anything, in fact in my company it’s going in the exact opposite direction.

A and C
10th Jan 2018, 20:10
You are quite correct the HMRC never give up anything without a fight and don’t help you to claim money overpaid in tax.

For those who’s employers do not have an allowances deal with the HMRC ( Norwegian up until this month ) you need to study the details contained in the link below.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/scale-rate-expenses-payments-employee-travelling-outside-the-uk

pb075
14th Jan 2018, 08:51
Anybody know of and willing to share gross and net figures for the Scandi bases, OSL and ARN in particular, and the current likelihood as to a Scandi base for a new hire?